|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Grobke, who would never engage in war?
(b) The Navy officers of the world.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
2. Who drives Victor to a tour of a U-boat facility?
3. Who owns the house that Rhoda wants to rent in Germany?
(a) A Jew.
(b) Armin von Roon.
(d) Wolf Stoller.
4. What is Pamela's nickname for Hitler?
(b) Little tramp.
5. How does Victor anger the waiter serving him when the fall of Warsaw is announced?
(a) He throws a glass of wine.
(b) He leaves without paying.
(c) He refuses to rise for the anthem.
(d) He sends his meal back to the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Grobke give Victor?
2. Who is Pamela?
3. How do Byron and Natalie escape Italy?
4. Which American Naval officer does Hugh ask Madeline to invite to his show?
5. In Part 1, where does the Navy want to send Victor on an intelligence mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Natalie and Byron escape Warsaw?
2. How does Pamela succeed in secretly demeaning Hitler in front of Germans?
3. What is the purpose of the book, "World Empire Lost"?
4. What concern does Victor have about Byron's relationship with Natalie?
5. Why does Grobke advise Victor to "watch the east"?
6. How do Byron and Natalie escape Italy?
7. How do Victor, Rhoda, Byron and Palmer offend a German waiter?
8. What belief does Armin von Roon have about England's military ability?
9. Describe Byron.
10. Why does Grobke invite Victor to meet his daughter and grandchildren?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)