|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Victor to visit a German military base?
(a) Admiral Henry.
(c) Palmer Kirby.
(d) Berel Jastrow.
2. Who is Byron?
(a) Victor's youngest son.
(b) Victor's nephew.
(c) Victor's grandson.
(d) Victor's oldest son.
3. How long is Byron's report on his escape from Poland?
(a) Fifty pages.
(b) Five pages.
(c) One page.
(d) A hundred pages.
4. What is Pamela's nickname for Hitler?
(a) Little tramp.
5. While in Italy, who warns Byron that the Germans are approaching?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Congressman Lacouture?
2. After Byron drops out of school, who becomes his employer?
3. Why does Natalie travel to Warsaw?
4. Who owns the house that Rhoda wants to rent in Germany?
5. Where is Byron shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pamela succeed in secretly demeaning Hitler in front of Germans?
2. What differences does Victor see between the European and American perspectives of Hitler and the war?
3. Describe Victor and Rhoda's first voyage to Berlin.
4. How do Natalie and Byron escape Warsaw?
5. What does Victor mean when he tells Warren that Byron will "crawl out of the rubble with someone's gold watch"?
6. What concern does Victor have about Byron's relationship with Natalie?
7. Why do Natalie and Byron travel to Italy?
8. Why does Talky believe that Hitler is not preparing for war?
9. Describe Victor Henry.
10. What information does Congressman Lacouture attempt to glean from Victor?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)