|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Rhoda having an affair?
(a) Palmer Kirby.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(c) Carter Aster.
(d) Congressman Lacouture.
2. To whom is Warren engaged?
3. Where is Byron when the Devilfish sinks?
(a) In Berlin.
(b) On shore.
(c) On board the Devilfish.
(d) On board the Tuna.
4. To which ship is Victor assigned command before it sinks?
(a) The Northampton.
(b) The Arizona.
(c) The California.
(d) The Alabama.
5. What does Janice see flying over Pearl Harbor?
(a) Italian planes.
(b) German planes.
(c) Japanese planes.
(d) Wild geese.
6. What does Byron ask Natalie in Florida?
(a) Why she married Leslie.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To return to Europe.
(d) To leave Leslie.
7. According to Roosevelt, why are the British unable to assist the French?
(a) The Channel is too cold.
(b) They need their aircraft for self-defense.
(c) They do not like the French government.
(d) Communication technology is too limited.
8. Who cooks Victor a meal in his flat after he returns from a bomber mission?
9. What do Natalie and Byron plan to do on his three days of shore leave?
(a) Lie on the beach and drink wine.
(b) Secure Aaron's passport.
(c) Get married.
(d) Secure Natalie's passport.
10. Why is Byron angry with Natalie's plans to go to Washington?
(a) She is going to see Leslie Slote.
(b) He does not feel Roosevelt can help them.
(c) She did not invite him.
(d) He fears for her safety.
11. To whom does Victor declare his love while away from home?
12. To what rank is Victor promoted while in Rome?
13. What ship does Carter Aster want Byron posted on in Part 3?
(a) The Dauntless.
(b) The Codfish.
(c) The Tuna.
(d) The Devilfish.
14. How do the guests proceed to dinner at Wolf Stroller's dinner party?
(a) Down a slide.
(b) Through an arch.
(c) In a single file line.
(d) Under a canopy.
15. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
(b) Human lives.
(d) Machinery and technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
2. Which ship is sunk while Rhoda, Victor, Byron and Madeline have dinner at the White House?
3. Who is Luigi Gianelli scheduled to meet in Rome?
4. According to Roon, why was Germany unsuccessful in its air attacks against Britain?
5. Who is E.J. Tillet?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)