|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which ship is Victor assigned command before it sinks?
(a) The California.
(b) The Arizona.
(c) The Northampton.
(d) The Alabama.
2. What is Victor assigned to do with thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
(a) Remove their Naval markings.
(b) Destroy them.
(c) Send them to Poland.
(d) Hide them in Hawaii.
3. Who agrees to help Natalie in America with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Pamela Tudsbury.
(c) Admiral Stewart Preble.
(d) Leslie Slote.
4. Why is Aaron unable to leave Italy?
(a) He is too ill to travel.
(b) There are problems with his passport.
(c) His book has not been published.
(d) He refuses to leave without Natalie.
5. According to Roon, why was Germany unsuccessful in its air attacks against Britain?
(a) Anti-aircraft fire made progress slow.
(b) Germans used most of their fuel traveling to Britain.
(c) Germans were attacked from the ground in Poland and France.
(d) The United States sent their planes to Britain.
6. To whom is Warren engaged?
7. What does Janice see flying over Pearl Harbor?
(a) Wild geese.
(b) German planes.
(c) Italian planes.
(d) Japanese planes.
8. Where is Victor told to send the thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
9. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
10. Which German attempts to bribe Victor?
(a) Wolf Stoller.
(c) Armin von Roon.
11. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
(a) To help Natalie and Aaron escape Italy.
(b) For money.
(c) For transport back to New York.
(d) To allow Victor to stay at home.
12. Which leader does Victor meet with in Newfoundland?
13. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
14. Why does the commanding officer of Byron's submarine report engine trouble and stop for repairs?
(a) He knows Byron is planning on getting married.
(b) He thinks there is a mine attached to the hull.
(c) He fears there is a spy on board.
(d) His radar equipment is not working.
15. In 1941, what news does Natalie send Byron in a letter?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) His parents are divorcing.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) Warren is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do the British pilots give Victor?
2. What does Victor learn in a letter after he completes his British bomber mission?
3. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
4. Who is Victor ordered to escort to the Memorial Day parade?
5. Who agrees to assist Natalie in Italy with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)