|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
2. With whom is Rhoda having an affair?
(a) Palmer Kirby.
(b) Carter Aster.
(c) Hugh Cleveland.
(d) Congressman Lacouture.
3. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
(a) The burning of the concentration camps.
(b) The destruction of Warsaw.
(c) The opening of the second front.
(d) The invasion of Pearl Harbor.
4. Who sends the message, "Eat Hearty, more coming, Mother Hubbard"?
(b) E.J. Tillet.
(c) Digger Brown.
5. What regret does Natalie have after her father's death?
(a) She spent too much time trying to please others.
(b) She did not tell him she loved him.
(c) She did not make it home before he died.
(d) She did not spend enough time with him.
6. To what rank is Victor promoted while in Rome?
7. According to Roon, why was Germany unsuccessful in its air attacks against Britain?
(a) Germans were attacked from the ground in Poland and France.
(b) Germans used most of their fuel traveling to Britain.
(c) The United States sent their planes to Britain.
(d) Anti-aircraft fire made progress slow.
8. In what activity does Winston Churchill ask Victor to take part?
(a) A secret mission to Italy.
(b) A state dinner with the Queen.
(c) A retaliatory attack on the Germans.
(d) Naval intelligence inside Berlin.
9. Why does the commanding officer of Byron's submarine report engine trouble and stop for repairs?
(a) His radar equipment is not working.
(b) He thinks there is a mine attached to the hull.
(c) He fears there is a spy on board.
(d) He knows Byron is planning on getting married.
10. Who is Sumner Welles?
(a) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(b) An American banker.
(c) An author.
(d) A physician.
11. What news does Rhoda send Victor in a letter in Part 3?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) Palmer is dead.
(c) She loves him.
(d) Aaron is dead.
12. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
(a) Pilot training.
(b) Radar technology instruction.
(c) Officer school.
(d) Submarine training.
13. Which prisoner of war does Victor visit while in Berlin?
(a) Wolf Stoller.
(b) Armin von Roon.
(c) Teddy Gallard.
14. To which ship is Victor assigned after his first command sinks?
(a) The Northampton.
(b) The California.
(c) The Arizona.
(d) The Alabama.
15. What do Natalie and Byron plan to do on his three days of shore leave?
(a) Secure Aaron's passport.
(b) Get married.
(c) Lie on the beach and drink wine.
(d) Secure Natalie's passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron live with Aaron when he returns to work for him in Italy?
2. What does Victor learn in a letter after he completes his British bomber mission?
3. What is the "Royal Oak"?
4. To whom does Victor declare his love while away from home?
5. Who is Luigi Gianelli?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)