|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regret does Natalie have after her father's death?
(a) She did not make it home before he died.
(b) She did not spend enough time with him.
(c) She spent too much time trying to please others.
(d) She did not tell him she loved him.
2. Who agrees to assist Natalie in Italy with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
(a) Benito Mussolini.
(b) Armin von Roon.
(c) August Van Winaker II.
(d) E.J. Tillet.
3. According to Roon, what month should the Germans have attacked London?
4. How do the guests proceed to dinner at Wolf Stroller's dinner party?
(a) Under a canopy.
(b) Through an arch.
(c) In a single file line.
(d) Down a slide.
5. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
6. Where is Victor ordered to go after the Memorial Day parade?
7. Why is Byron angry with Natalie's plans to go to Washington?
(a) She is going to see Leslie Slote.
(b) She did not invite him.
(c) He does not feel Roosevelt can help them.
(d) He fears for her safety.
8. Who does Victor confide in about his trip with the President?
9. Who is Luigi Gianelli scheduled to meet in Rome?
10. To what does General Roon equate the German's treatment of the Jews?
(a) America's treatment of negroes in the South.
(b) Britain's treatment of the people of India.
(c) America's treatment of the Native Americans.
(d) Britain's treatment of the Aborigines in Australia.
11. Who is E.J. Tillet?
(a) A British military official and author.
(b) Victor's commanding officer.
(c) A British physician.
(d) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
12. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
(a) Submarine training.
(b) Pilot training.
(c) Officer school.
(d) Radar technology instruction.
13. Which character agrees to go with Natalie to Siena and help Aaron?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Berel Jastrow.
(c) Pamela Tudsbury.
(d) Palmer Kirby.
14. What complaint does Rhoda have as the family leaves Warren's wedding reception?
(a) Warren made a mistake.
(b) She has no family left.
(c) The war is interrupting their family time.
(d) All of her children are leaving her.
15. Who sends the message, "Eat Hearty, more coming, Mother Hubbard"?
(b) Digger Brown.
(c) E.J. Tillet.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which ship is Victor assigned command before it sinks?
2. What is Sewell Bozeman's nickname?
3. What does Leslie Slote ask Natalie in a letter?
4. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
5. What news does Rhoda send Victor in a letter in Part 3?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)