|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What temporary promotion is Victor given after the Memorial Day parade?
2. With whom is Rhoda having an affair?
(a) Carter Aster.
(b) Palmer Kirby.
(c) Hugh Cleveland.
(d) Congressman Lacouture.
3. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Admiral Stewart Preble.
(c) Kip Tollever.
(d) Palmer Kirby.
4. In what activity does Winston Churchill ask Victor to take part?
(a) A state dinner with the Queen.
(b) Naval intelligence inside Berlin.
(c) A secret mission to Italy.
(d) A retaliatory attack on the Germans.
5. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
(a) Human lives.
(b) Machinery and technology.
6. Who is Sumner Welles?
(a) A physician.
(b) An author.
(c) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(d) An American banker.
7. Where does Natalie await Byron for his three days of shore leave?
(a) Biggin Hill.
8. What does Leslie Slote ask Natalie in a letter?
(a) To leave Italy.
(b) To leave Poland.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To send him money.
9. Who is Sewell Bozeman?
(a) Madeline's boyfriend.
(b) Madeline's physician.
(c) Madeline's landlord.
(d) Madeline's cousin.
10. What name is given to Victor's grandson?
11. Where is Victor ordered to go after the Memorial Day parade?
12. What ship does Carter Aster want Byron posted on in Part 3?
(a) The Codfish.
(b) The Devilfish.
(c) The Tuna.
(d) The Dauntless.
13. Who does Aaron request that Natalie contact in Chapter 26?
(a) Berel Jastrow.
(b) Palmer Kirby.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) Pamela Tudsbury.
14. Who is Luigi Gianelli?
(a) An author.
(b) A British physician.
(c) An American banker.
(d) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
15. To whom is Warren engaged?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aaron unable to leave Italy?
2. What event brings Byron back to the United States?
3. Who is E.J. Tillet?
4. Who agrees to assist Natalie in Italy with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
5. To which ship is Victor assigned command before it sinks?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)