|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Rhoda have as the family leaves Warren's wedding reception?
(a) Warren made a mistake.
(b) All of her children are leaving her.
(c) The war is interrupting their family time.
(d) She has no family left.
2. To whom is Warren engaged?
3. Why is Byron angry with Natalie's plans to go to Washington?
(a) He fears for her safety.
(b) He does not feel Roosevelt can help them.
(c) She did not invite him.
(d) She is going to see Leslie Slote.
4. What temporary promotion is Victor given after the Memorial Day parade?
5. Who is Victor ordered to escort to the Memorial Day parade?
(a) A famous author.
(b) Admiral Stewart Preble.
(c) A veteran.
(d) The First Lady.
6. What event brings Byron back to the United States?
(a) His father's promotion.
(b) Congressman Lacouture's funeral.
(c) Warren's wedding.
(d) Madeline's wedding.
7. Who does Byron see kissing Madeline in Part 3?
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Palmer Kirby.
(d) Hugh Cleveland.
8. What does E.J. Tillet show Victor?
(a) Radar technology.
(b) A cyclotron.
(c) A tesla coil.
(d) Radio technology.
9. Why does Natalie leave Switzerland and return to Rome?
(a) To attend Aaron's funeral.
(b) To meet with Palestinian leaders.
(c) She fears she is listed as a Jew on German lists.
(d) Her son is in Rome.
10. What name is given to Victor's grandson?
11. What happened to the men who were imprisoned with Teddy Gallard?
(a) They escaped.
(b) They were sent to concentration camps.
(c) They were executed.
(d) They were tortured.
12. Who is Sumner Welles?
(a) An author.
(b) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(c) A physician.
(d) An American banker.
13. Where is Victor ordered to go after the Memorial Day parade?
14. What news does Rhoda send Victor in a letter in Part 3?
(a) Aaron is dead.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) Palmer is dead.
15. What is Victor assigned to do with thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
(a) Destroy them.
(b) Send them to Poland.
(c) Remove their Naval markings.
(d) Hide them in Hawaii.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Janice tend after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
2. Who is Sewell Bozeman?
3. To what rank is Victor promoted while in Rome?
4. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
5. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)