|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Teddy Gallard stationed?
(a) Biggin Hill.
2. What does Byron ask Natalie in Florida?
(a) Why she married Leslie.
(b) To return to Europe.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To leave Leslie.
3. Who does Aaron request that Natalie contact in Chapter 26?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Pamela Tudsbury.
(c) Berel Jastrow.
(d) Palmer Kirby.
4. Where is Byron when the Devilfish sinks?
(a) In Berlin.
(b) On board the Devilfish.
(c) On shore.
(d) On board the Tuna.
5. Who is Sumner Welles?
(a) An American banker.
(b) A physician.
(c) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(d) An author.
6. To which ship is Victor assigned command before it sinks?
(a) The California.
(b) The Northampton.
(c) The Alabama.
(d) The Arizona.
7. Why does Natalie leave Switzerland and return to Rome?
(a) She fears she is listed as a Jew on German lists.
(b) To attend Aaron's funeral.
(c) Her son is in Rome.
(d) To meet with Palestinian leaders.
8. To which ship is Victor assigned after his first command sinks?
(a) The Northampton.
(b) The California.
(c) The Arizona.
(d) The Alabama.
9. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
10. What is Victor assigned to do with thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
(a) Remove their Naval markings.
(b) Destroy them.
(c) Send them to Poland.
(d) Hide them in Hawaii.
11. To whom is Warren engaged?
12. Who is Sewell Bozeman?
(a) Madeline's landlord.
(b) Madeline's physician.
(c) Madeline's boyfriend.
(d) Madeline's cousin.
13. Which character does Janice tend after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
14. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
(a) Officer school.
(b) Pilot training.
(c) Radar technology instruction.
(d) Submarine training.
15. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor learn in a letter after he completes his British bomber mission?
2. Who is Carter Aster?
3. What does Victor whimsically ask to buy from E.J. Tillet?
4. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
5. What is Sewell Bozeman's nickname?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)