|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
(a) The opening of the second front.
(b) The destruction of Warsaw.
(c) The invasion of Pearl Harbor.
(d) The burning of the concentration camps.
2. According to Roosevelt, why are the British unable to assist the French?
(a) The Channel is too cold.
(b) Communication technology is too limited.
(c) They do not like the French government.
(d) They need their aircraft for self-defense.
3. What event brings Byron back to the United States?
(a) His father's promotion.
(b) Madeline's wedding.
(c) Warren's wedding.
(d) Congressman Lacouture's funeral.
4. To which ship is Victor assigned command before it sinks?
(a) The Alabama.
(b) The California.
(c) The Arizona.
(d) The Northampton.
5. Why is Berel Jastrow living in Russia in Part 3?
(a) He is fleeing the Germans.
(b) He is searching for Natalie.
(c) He is searching for Aaron.
(d) He is spying for the Palestinians.
6. Who is Sumner Welles?
(a) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(b) An author.
(c) A physician.
(d) An American banker.
7. Who is E.J. Tillet?
(a) A British physician.
(b) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(c) A British military official and author.
(d) Victor's commanding officer.
8. What concern about British pilots does Teddy Gallard discuss with Victor?
(a) Equipment failure.
9. To what rank is Victor promoted while in Rome?
10. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
11. Where is Teddy Gallard stationed?
(c) Biggin Hill.
12. Where does Natalie await Byron for his three days of shore leave?
(c) Biggin Hill.
13. What is Sewell Bozeman's nickname?
14. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Kip Tollever.
(c) Palmer Kirby.
(d) Admiral Stewart Preble.
15. To what does General Roon equate the German's treatment of the Jews?
(a) Britain's treatment of the people of India.
(b) Britain's treatment of the Aborigines in Australia.
(c) America's treatment of the Native Americans.
(d) America's treatment of negroes in the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Victor told to send the thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
2. Who does Byron see kissing Madeline in Part 3?
3. Which German attempts to bribe Victor?
4. What does Victor whimsically ask to buy from E.J. Tillet?
5. What is the "Royal Oak"?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)