|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which leader does Victor meet with in Newfoundland?
2. Who is E.J. Tillet?
(a) Victor's commanding officer.
(b) A British military official and author.
(c) A British physician.
(d) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
3. Which character is being held in a private cell in Germany?
(a) Teddy Gallard.
(b) Wolf Stoller.
(c) Armin von Roon.
4. Who is Luigi Gianelli scheduled to meet in Rome?
5. Why is Berel Jastrow living in Russia in Part 3?
(a) He is spying for the Palestinians.
(b) He is searching for Aaron.
(c) He is searching for Natalie.
(d) He is fleeing the Germans.
6. Why does Byron live with Aaron when he returns to work for him in Italy?
(a) The gas shortage causes buses to be erratic.
(b) He wants to be closer to Natalie.
(c) Aaron needs a driver.
(d) He cannot afford his own apartment.
7. According to Roosevelt, why are the British unable to assist the French?
(a) They need their aircraft for self-defense.
(b) Communication technology is too limited.
(c) The Channel is too cold.
(d) They do not like the French government.
8. Who agrees to help Natalie in America with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
(a) Admiral Stewart Preble.
(b) Pamela Tudsbury.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) President Roosevelt.
9. What does Aaron receive in Part 3?
(a) His passport.
(b) A letter from Roosevelt.
(c) His book.
(d) A reward.
10. Who is Teddy Gallard?
(a) An American banker.
(b) Pamela's cousin.
(c) Pamela's fiancé.
(d) A British physician.
11. Which character does Janice tend after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
12. How do the guests proceed to dinner at Wolf Stroller's dinner party?
(a) Under a canopy.
(b) Down a slide.
(c) Through an arch.
(d) In a single file line.
13. In 1941, what news does Natalie send Byron in a letter?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) His parents are divorcing.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) Warren is dead.
14. Where is Victor told to send the thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
15. Who is Victor ordered to escort to the Memorial Day parade?
(a) The First Lady.
(b) A famous author.
(c) A veteran.
(d) Admiral Stewart Preble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
2. Where is Teddy Gallard stationed?
3. With whom is Rhoda having an affair?
4. What nickname do the British pilots give Victor?
5. To which ship is Victor assigned after his first command sinks?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)