|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Rhoda have as the family leaves Warren's wedding reception?
(a) All of her children are leaving her.
(b) She has no family left.
(c) Warren made a mistake.
(d) The war is interrupting their family time.
2. What does Janice see flying over Pearl Harbor?
(a) Wild geese.
(b) Italian planes.
(c) Japanese planes.
(d) German planes.
3. Which character does Janice tend after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
4. Which character agrees to go with Natalie to Siena and help Aaron?
(a) Palmer Kirby.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Pamela Tudsbury.
(d) Berel Jastrow.
5. Why is Byron angry with Natalie's plans to go to Washington?
(a) He does not feel Roosevelt can help them.
(b) She did not invite him.
(c) He fears for her safety.
(d) She is going to see Leslie Slote.
6. Why is Aaron unable to leave Italy?
(a) There are problems with his passport.
(b) His book has not been published.
(c) He refuses to leave without Natalie.
(d) He is too ill to travel.
7. What event brings Byron back to the United States?
(a) Congressman Lacouture's funeral.
(b) His father's promotion.
(c) Madeline's wedding.
(d) Warren's wedding.
8. Which leader does Victor meet with in Newfoundland?
9. Which ship is sunk while Rhoda, Victor, Byron and Madeline have dinner at the White House?
(a) The Lusitania.
(b) The Dauntless.
(c) The Edinburgh.
(d) The Bismarck.
10. How do the guests proceed to dinner at Wolf Stroller's dinner party?
(a) In a single file line.
(b) Through an arch.
(c) Down a slide.
(d) Under a canopy.
11. What regret does Natalie have after her father's death?
(a) She did not make it home before he died.
(b) She did not tell him she loved him.
(c) She spent too much time trying to please others.
(d) She did not spend enough time with him.
12. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
(a) To allow Victor to stay at home.
(b) For transport back to New York.
(c) For money.
(d) To help Natalie and Aaron escape Italy.
13. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
(a) Pilot training.
(b) Submarine training.
(c) Officer school.
(d) Radar technology instruction.
14. In what activity does Winston Churchill ask Victor to take part?
(a) A secret mission to Italy.
(b) Naval intelligence inside Berlin.
(c) A retaliatory attack on the Germans.
(d) A state dinner with the Queen.
15. What nickname do the British pilots give Victor?
(c) Admiral Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leslie Slote ask Natalie in a letter?
2. Who is Luigi Gianelli scheduled to meet in Rome?
3. What is the "Royal Oak"?
4. To whom is Warren engaged?
5. In 1941, what news does Natalie send Byron in a letter?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)