|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Victor told to send the thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
2. According to Roon, what month should the Germans have attacked London?
3. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
(a) Pilot training.
(b) Radar technology instruction.
(c) Officer school.
(d) Submarine training.
4. Which character agrees to go with Natalie to Siena and help Aaron?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Palmer Kirby.
(c) Berel Jastrow.
(d) Pamela Tudsbury.
5. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
(a) The President needs his protection.
(b) The President is ill.
(c) The President wants to speak to Victor in private.
(d) Victor has connections in Berlin.
6. What does Janice see flying over Pearl Harbor?
(a) Wild geese.
(b) Japanese planes.
(c) German planes.
(d) Italian planes.
7. What is the "Royal Oak"?
(a) A British ship sunk by a German U-boat.
(b) One of Roosevelt's secret missions.
(c) A book written by Armin von Roon.
(d) A foreign policy program designed by Victor.
8. Who is Sumner Welles?
(a) An author.
(b) An American banker.
(c) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(d) A physician.
9. What does Leslie Slote ask Natalie in a letter?
(a) To leave Poland.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To send him money.
(d) To leave Italy.
10. To what does General Roon equate the German's treatment of the Jews?
(a) America's treatment of negroes in the South.
(b) America's treatment of the Native Americans.
(c) Britain's treatment of the Aborigines in Australia.
(d) Britain's treatment of the people of India.
11. Which character is being held in a private cell in Germany?
(a) Wolf Stoller.
(c) Armin von Roon.
(d) Teddy Gallard.
12. Who sends the message, "Eat Hearty, more coming, Mother Hubbard"?
(c) E.J. Tillet.
(d) Digger Brown.
13. What name is given to Victor's grandson?
14. What submarine is Byron posted on in Part 3?
(a) The Dauntless.
(b) The Codfish.
(c) The Devilfish.
(d) The Tuna.
15. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
(a) The opening of the second front.
(b) The burning of the concentration camps.
(c) The destruction of Warsaw.
(d) The invasion of Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Teddy Gallard?
2. What does Victor learn in a letter after he completes his British bomber mission?
3. According to Roosevelt, why are the British unable to assist the French?
4. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
5. Who is Sewell Bozeman?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)