|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Victor asked to accompany the President on a brief trip?
(a) The President needs his protection.
(b) Victor has connections in Berlin.
(c) The President is ill.
(d) The President wants to speak to Victor in private.
2. Where do the Germans attack after the Normandy invasion?
3. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
(a) Admiral Stewart Preble.
(b) Palmer Kirby.
(c) Kip Tollever.
(d) Leslie Slote.
4. Who does the President send on a mission to the North Atlantic?
5. Who invites Palmer to dinner in Part 3?
6. Who is Carter Aster?
(a) Byron's illegitimate son.
(b) Byron's physician.
(c) Byron's superior.
(d) Byron's best friend.
7. Who cooks Victor a meal in his flat after he returns from a bomber mission?
8. With whom is Rhoda having an affair?
(a) Hugh Cleveland.
(b) Congressman Lacouture.
(c) Palmer Kirby.
(d) Carter Aster.
9. Who is Victor ordered to escort to the Memorial Day parade?
(a) A veteran.
(b) The First Lady.
(c) A famous author.
(d) Admiral Stewart Preble.
10. Where is Victor told to send the thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
11. To whom does Victor declare his love while away from home?
12. What submarine is Byron posted on in Part 3?
(a) The Devilfish.
(b) The Codfish.
(c) The Dauntless.
(d) The Tuna.
13. Who does Byron see kissing Madeline in Part 3?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Hugh Cleveland.
(d) Palmer Kirby.
14. What does E.J. Tillet show Victor?
(a) Radio technology.
(b) A cyclotron.
(c) Radar technology.
(d) A tesla coil.
15. Why is Byron angry with Natalie's plans to go to Washington?
(a) She did not invite him.
(b) He does not feel Roosevelt can help them.
(c) He fears for her safety.
(d) She is going to see Leslie Slote.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Roon, why was Germany unsuccessful in its air attacks against Britain?
2. Who is Luigi Gianelli scheduled to meet in Rome?
3. What type of training does Victor want Byron to have?
4. Who sends the message, "Eat Hearty, more coming, Mother Hubbard"?
5. Which character does Janice tend after the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)