|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the commanding officer of Byron's submarine report engine trouble and stop for repairs?
(a) He thinks there is a mine attached to the hull.
(b) His radar equipment is not working.
(c) He knows Byron is planning on getting married.
(d) He fears there is a spy on board.
2. Which prisoner of war does Victor visit while in Berlin?
(a) Teddy Gallard.
(b) Wolf Stoller.
(d) Armin von Roon.
3. What does Victor whimsically ask to buy from E.J. Tillet?
(a) A klystron.
(b) A cavity magnetron.
(c) A tesla coil.
(d) A cyclotron.
4. To whom is Warren engaged?
5. Which ship is sunk while Rhoda, Victor, Byron and Madeline have dinner at the White House?
(a) The Lusitania.
(b) The Bismarck.
(c) The Edinburgh.
(d) The Dauntless.
6. What does E.J. Tillet show Victor?
(a) A tesla coil.
(b) A cyclotron.
(c) Radio technology.
(d) Radar technology.
7. Which character is being held in a private cell in Germany?
(a) Armin von Roon.
(b) Wolf Stoller.
(d) Teddy Gallard.
8. Who is E.J. Tillet?
(a) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(b) A British military official and author.
(c) Victor's commanding officer.
(d) A British physician.
9. Who does General Armin von Roon converse with after Stroller's dinner party while other men are hunting deer?
10. In what activity does Winston Churchill ask Victor to take part?
(a) A secret mission to Italy.
(b) A state dinner with the Queen.
(c) Naval intelligence inside Berlin.
(d) A retaliatory attack on the Germans.
11. What does Byron ask Natalie in Florida?
(a) To marry him.
(b) Why she married Leslie.
(c) To return to Europe.
(d) To leave Leslie.
12. What is the "Royal Oak"?
(a) A British ship sunk by a German U-boat.
(b) A book written by Armin von Roon.
(c) A foreign policy program designed by Victor.
(d) One of Roosevelt's secret missions.
13. What news does Natalie send Byron in a telegram in Part 3?
(a) Warren is dead.
(b) She wants a divorce.
(c) Aaron is dead.
(d) She has given birth to a son.
14. According to Roon, what month should the Germans have attacked London?
15. Who meets Victor at the Memorial Day parade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Luigi Gianelli?
2. What complaint does Rhoda have as the family leaves Warren's wedding reception?
3. Why is Berel Jastrow living in Russia in Part 3?
4. What nickname do the British pilots give Victor?
5. Who agrees to assist Natalie in Italy with the red tape that is preventing Aaron from leaving Italy?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)