|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Natalie await Byron for his three days of shore leave?
(a) Biggin Hill.
2. To which ship is Victor assigned command before it sinks?
(a) The Alabama.
(b) The Arizona.
(c) The California.
(d) The Northampton.
3. Why does the commanding officer of Byron's submarine report engine trouble and stop for repairs?
(a) He fears there is a spy on board.
(b) He thinks there is a mine attached to the hull.
(c) He knows Byron is planning on getting married.
(d) His radar equipment is not working.
4. Which character is being held in a private cell in Germany?
(a) Wolf Stoller.
(c) Armin von Roon.
(d) Teddy Gallard.
5. To what does General Roon equate the German's treatment of the Jews?
(a) Britain's treatment of the people of India.
(b) America's treatment of the Native Americans.
(c) America's treatment of negroes in the South.
(d) Britain's treatment of the Aborigines in Australia.
6. Who is Teddy Gallard?
(a) Pamela's cousin.
(b) Pamela's fiancé.
(c) A British physician.
(d) An American banker.
7. Who is Carter Aster?
(a) Byron's illegitimate son.
(b) Byron's physician.
(c) Byron's superior.
(d) Byron's best friend.
8. To whom is Warren engaged?
9. Who is Luigi Gianelli scheduled to meet in Rome?
10. Who does Victor meet in Guam?
(a) Kip Tollever.
(b) Admiral Stewart Preble.
(c) Leslie Slote.
(d) Palmer Kirby.
11. Where is Victor ordered to go after the Memorial Day parade?
12. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
(a) To help Natalie and Aaron escape Italy.
(b) For transport back to New York.
(c) For money.
(d) To allow Victor to stay at home.
13. What do Natalie and Byron plan to do on his three days of shore leave?
(a) Get married.
(b) Secure Aaron's passport.
(c) Secure Natalie's passport.
(d) Lie on the beach and drink wine.
14. Which character agrees to go with Natalie to Siena and help Aaron?
(a) Leslie Slote.
(b) Berel Jastrow.
(c) Pamela Tudsbury.
(d) Palmer Kirby.
15. According to Victor, what would Americans rather expend in war?
(a) Machinery and technology.
(d) Human lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Natalie leave Switzerland and return to Rome?
2. Which German attempts to bribe Victor?
3. To whom does Victor declare his love while away from home?
4. Why doesn't General Roon attend the hunt after Stroller's dinner party?
5. Who does Victor confide in about his trip with the President?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)