|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What submarine is Byron posted on in Part 3?
(a) The Codfish.
(b) The Devilfish.
(c) The Tuna.
(d) The Dauntless.
2. Why is Aaron unable to leave Italy?
(a) He refuses to leave without Natalie.
(b) There are problems with his passport.
(c) His book has not been published.
(d) He is too ill to travel.
3. Where does Natalie await Byron for his three days of shore leave?
(a) Biggin Hill.
4. What news does Natalie send Byron in a telegram in Part 3?
(a) Aaron is dead.
(b) She has given birth to a son.
(c) Warren is dead.
(d) She wants a divorce.
5. What does Victor whimsically ask to buy from E.J. Tillet?
(a) A tesla coil.
(b) A klystron.
(c) A cavity magnetron.
(d) A cyclotron.
6. What major military move does Roon defend in Part 3?
(a) The invasion of Pearl Harbor.
(b) The destruction of Warsaw.
(c) The burning of the concentration camps.
(d) The opening of the second front.
7. What does Byron ask Natalie in Florida?
(a) Why she married Leslie.
(b) To leave Leslie.
(c) To return to Europe.
(d) To marry him.
8. What nickname do the British pilots give Victor?
(c) Admiral Henry.
9. Who does General Armin von Roon converse with after Stroller's dinner party while other men are hunting deer?
10. What temporary promotion is Victor given after the Memorial Day parade?
11. To whom is Warren engaged?
12. Where is Teddy Gallard stationed?
(d) Biggin Hill.
13. What does Byron want Victor to ask the President?
(a) For money.
(b) To help Natalie and Aaron escape Italy.
(c) For transport back to New York.
(d) To allow Victor to stay at home.
14. To which ship is Victor assigned command before it sinks?
(a) The Arizona.
(b) The California.
(c) The Northampton.
(d) The Alabama.
15. According to Roon, what month should the Germans have attacked London?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Victor told to send the thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
2. What does Janice see flying over Pearl Harbor?
3. What is Victor assigned to do with thirty-five surplus Navy planes?
4. What does Leslie Slote ask Natalie in a letter?
5. Which prisoner of war does Victor visit while in Berlin?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)