|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, where does the Navy want to send Victor on an intelligence mission?
2. Where does Natalie work while stranded in Poland?
(a) A hospital.
(b) In a factory.
(c) The embassy.
(d) A grocery.
3. Who is Madeline?
(a) Victor's wife.
(b) Victor's secretary.
(c) Victor's lover.
(d) Victor's daughter.
4. How do Byron and Natalie escape Italy?
(a) In a wagon.
(b) In a military plane.
(c) In a car.
(d) On a boat.
5. Why are the airports in Warsaw crowded?
(a) Bad weather has grounded all outgoing flights.
(b) People are trying to leave Poland.
(c) Two terminals are closed due to recent bombing.
(d) It is the holiday season.
6. Where does Madeline find a job?
(a) ABC studios.
(b) NBC studios.
(c) FOX studios.
(d) CBS studios.
7. Who owns the house that Rhoda wants to rent in Germany?
(b) A Jew.
(c) Armin von Roon.
(d) Wolf Stoller.
8. What is the purpose of "World Empire Lost"?
(a) To glorify Hitler.
(b) To demonize Hitler.
(c) To glorify Churchill.
(d) To demonize Churchill.
9. What is Leslie Slote's job?
(a) Naval captain.
(b) Visa officer.
(c) Foreign policy adviser.
(d) Naval physician.
10. What show does Hugh Cleveland host?
(a) Who's in Town?
(b) Who's Who.
(c) The Today Show.
(d) Whose line is it?
11. Which person does Grobke believe can stop the impending war?
12. Who is Congressman Lacouture?
(a) Janice's employer.
(b) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(c) Janice's cousin.
(d) Janice's father.
13. Where do Byron and Natalie stop once they escape Italy?
14. What does Grobke invite Victor to tour after the U-boat facility?
(a) Bath houses.
(b) A U-boat.
(c) A bakery.
(d) Downtown Heidelberg.
15. Who translates "World Empire Lost"?
(b) Leslie Slote.
(d) Kip Tollever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event do Natalie and Byron attend in Italy?
2. Who would Victor like Pamela to meet?
3. What does Rhoda discuss with Hitler?
4. Which group of people is leaving Poland en masse?
5. Who arrives to see Rhoda a few days after her meeting with Hitler?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)