|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Victor meet in the library while sailing to Germany?
(a) Admiral Henry.
(c) Berel Jastrow.
(d) Palmer Kirby.
2. What game do Victor and Warren play together after their dinner with Congressman Lacouture?
3. How does Victor describe Hitler's appearance?
4. Which group of people is leaving Poland en masse?
(c) British and French.
5. What is the purpose of "World Empire Lost"?
(a) To glorify Churchill.
(b) To demonize Hitler.
(c) To demonize Churchill.
(d) To glorify Hitler.
6. What does the German officer find in Hartley's suitcase?
(a) A gun.
(b) A yarmulke.
(c) A copy of the Torah.
(d) A New Testament.
7. Where does Victor eat dinner after touring the U-boat facility?
(a) Downtown Heidelberg.
(b) The house of Grobke's daughter.
(c) A bar.
(d) A U-boat.
8. Who leads the tour of the U-boat facility?
(a) Wolf Stoller.
(d) Armin von Roon.
9. Who is Congressman Lacouture?
(a) Janice's cousin.
(b) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(c) Janice's father.
(d) Janice's employer.
10. Which leader requests that Victor send him reports of life in Berlin directly?
11. Which American Naval officer does Hugh ask Madeline to invite to his show?
(a) Admiral Stewart Preble.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Armin von Roon.
(d) Admiral Henry.
12. How does Kip Tollever describe Hitler?
(a) A lunatic.
(b) A remarkable man.
(c) A patsy.
(d) A monster.
13. According to Grobke, which leader is "getting lousy advice"?
14. Why do the Germans agree to a two-hour cease fire?
(a) To allow the Jews to leave Poland.
(b) To allow Victor to meet with Hitler in peace.
(c) To celebrate Christmas.
(d) To allow neutrals to leave Poland.
15. What is Pamela's nickname for Hitler?
(c) Little tramp.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Roon, how long did Hitler serve as a soldier?
2. Where does Byron meet his parents after he escapes from Poland?
3. According to Talky, with whom will the British form an alliance?
4. Which President requests a meeting with Victor in Chapter 12?
5. Where does Berel suggest Natalie go?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)