|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Bremen"?
(a) Victor's first command ship.
(b) A ship sunk by the British early in the war.
(c) A ship sunk by Germans early in the war.
(d) The ship on which Victor meets Pamela.
2. Which leader requests that Victor send him reports of life in Berlin directly?
3. What does Leslie Slote fear Bryan will tell Victor about his behavior in Poland?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He hit Natalie.
(c) He turned in Hartley.
(d) He stole money.
4. What is played immediately after the announcement that Warsaw has fallen to the Germans?
(a) The Viennese Waltz.
(b) The British national anthem.
(c) The Polish national anthem.
(d) The German national anthem.
5. How does Victor anger the waiter serving him when the fall of Warsaw is announced?
(a) He leaves without paying.
(b) He throws a glass of wine.
(c) He sends his meal back to the kitchen.
(d) He refuses to rise for the anthem.
6. What rationale does Hitler give for Germany's right to rule more land?
(a) He can bring peace and prosperity to all of Europe.
(b) German kings once ruled over 50% of Europe.
(c) Germany's population is too large for its current territory.
(d) Germans are the most intelligent Anglo-Saxons.
7. What does the German officer find in Hartley's suitcase?
(a) A yarmulke.
(b) A gun.
(c) A New Testament.
(d) A copy of the Torah.
8. According to Grobke, who would never engage in war?
(a) The Navy officers of the world.
(b) The British.
(d) The French.
9. What game do Victor and Warren play together after their dinner with Congressman Lacouture?
10. Which President requests a meeting with Victor in Chapter 12?
11. How does Kip Tollever describe Hitler?
(a) A monster.
(b) A patsy.
(c) A remarkable man.
(d) A lunatic.
12. Why do the Germans agree to a two-hour cease fire?
(a) To allow neutrals to leave Poland.
(b) To allow the Jews to leave Poland.
(c) To celebrate Christmas.
(d) To allow Victor to meet with Hitler in peace.
13. What does Victor mean when he tells Warren that Byron will "crawl out of the rubble with someone's gold watch"?
(a) Byron will find financial support for his book.
(b) Byron will steal in order to survive.
(c) Byron will come out on top of any situation.
(d) Byron is dishonest.
14. According to "World Empire Lost," how did Hitler come to power?
(a) Through intimidation and fear.
(b) He was in the right place at the right time.
(c) With plenty of bribes.
(d) He was popular with the people.
15. After visiting his daughter and grandchildren, where does Grobke take Victor?
(a) Through downtown Heidelberg.
(b) To a park.
(c) To a bar.
(d) To Victor's hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Congressman Lacouture?
2. What event do Natalie and Byron attend in Italy?
3. Where does Berel suggest Natalie go?
4. In Part 1, where does the Navy want to send Victor on an intelligence mission?
5. Who writes "World Empire Lost"?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)