|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the German officer find in Hartley's suitcase?
(a) A gun.
(b) A yarmulke.
(c) A New Testament.
(d) A copy of the Torah.
2. Who is Aaron Jastrow?
(a) An author.
(b) An American banker.
(c) A physician.
(d) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
3. Where does Victor visit Digger Brown?
(a) Aboard a battleship.
(b) In a bar.
(c) At the White House.
(d) At his home.
4. Who drives Victor to a tour of a U-boat facility?
5. Where does Berel suggest Natalie go?
6. According to Grobke, which leader is "getting lousy advice"?
7. What does Byron study in Europe?
(b) Fine Arts.
(c) Political Science.
8. Which person does Grobke believe can stop the impending war?
9. Who does Rhoda bring to meet the owner of the house she wants to rent in Germany?
(b) Wolf Stoller.
(d) Armin von Roon.
10. What does Rhoda buy before meeting Hitler?
(a) A German newspaper.
(b) Bread, cheese and wine.
(c) A new outfit.
11. Who owns the house that Rhoda wants to rent in Germany?
(a) Armin von Roon.
(b) Wolf Stoller.
(d) A Jew.
12. Who is Leslie Slote?
(a) Natalie's boyfriend.
(b) Aaron's cousin.
(c) Aaron's nephew.
(d) Natalie's husband.
13. According to Grobke, who would never engage in war?
(a) The French.
(b) The Navy officers of the world.
(c) The British.
14. To whom does Natalie tell Byron to give all her cash?
(a) Palmer Kirby.
(b) Aaron Jastrow.
(c) Berel Jastrow.
(d) Digger Brown.
15. Which character has difficulty with a passport?
(a) Natalie Jastrow.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Palmer Kirby.
(d) Aaron Jastrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Byron and Natalie escape Italy?
2. Why does the owner of the house want to rent to Rhoda cheaply?
3. What is Pamela's nickname for Hitler?
4. Who is Byron?
5. Who translates "World Empire Lost"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)