|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victor respond to Hugh Cleveland's request to be on his show?
(a) He asks his supervisor for permission.
(b) He asks Madeline for advice.
(c) He accepts.
(d) He declines.
2. Who is Aaron Jastrow?
(a) A foreign policy adviser to Roosevelt.
(b) An American banker.
(c) A physician.
(d) An author.
3. What does Rhoda discuss with Hitler?
(d) Clothing styles.
4. Which character has difficulty with a passport?
(a) Aaron Jastrow.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Palmer Kirby.
(d) Natalie Jastrow.
5. Who does Madeline live with while Victor is in Germany?
(a) Friends in Siena.
(b) Her boyfriend in Lisbon.
(c) Her aunt in Newport.
(d) Classmates in London.
6. According to Roon, how long did Hitler serve as a soldier?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
7. With what country does Victor feel Hitler is aligning himself?
(a) The United States.
8. Which group of people is leaving Poland en masse?
(a) British and French.
9. How does Kip Tollever describe Hitler?
(a) A monster.
(b) A remarkable man.
(c) A patsy.
(d) A lunatic.
10. Why does Victor hesitate to accept the Navy's intelligence mission?
(a) He is afraid of dying.
(b) He fears for the safety of his family.
(c) He wants to command his own ship.
(d) He is close to retirement.
11. Why does Natalie travel to Warsaw?
(a) To see Aaron Jastrow.
(b) To find Warren.
(c) To give Victor a package.
(d) To see Leslie Slote.
12. Who is Byron?
(a) Victor's nephew.
(b) Victor's oldest son.
(c) Victor's grandson.
(d) Victor's youngest son.
13. Why does Aaron Jastrow send Victor a telegram?
(a) He is angry that Natalie has run away with Byron.
(b) He knows Byron and Natalie are living together in Warsaw.
(c) He doesn't know where Byron and Natalie are.
(d) He wants Victor to stop Byron from marrying Natalie.
14. What does Palmer Kirby produce?
(a) Cavity magnetrons.
(c) Magnetic amplifiers.
(d) Tesla coils.
15. What is the purpose of "World Empire Lost"?
(a) To glorify Hitler.
(b) To glorify Churchill.
(c) To demonize Hitler.
(d) To demonize Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which American Naval officer does Hugh ask Madeline to invite to his show?
2. In Part 1, where does the Navy want to send Victor on an intelligence mission?
3. Where does Byron meet his parents after he escapes from Poland?
4. What is played immediately after the announcement that Warsaw has fallen to the Germans?
5. What event do Natalie and Byron attend in Italy?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)