|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to see Rhoda a few days after her meeting with Hitler?
(a) A man to show Rhoda houses.
(b) A tailor.
(c) Wolf Stoller.
(d) Armin von Roon.
2. What is played immediately after the announcement that Warsaw has fallen to the Germans?
(a) The Viennese Waltz.
(b) The Polish national anthem.
(c) The German national anthem.
(d) The British national anthem.
3. What job does Byron take while stranded in Poland?
(a) Orderly in a hospital.
(b) Delivering water for the embassy.
(c) Driver for a factory.
(d) Stock boy at a grocer.
4. Which character has difficulty with a passport?
(a) Palmer Kirby.
(b) Leslie Slote.
(c) Aaron Jastrow.
(d) Natalie Jastrow.
5. How does Byron protect Hartley from the Germans?
(a) He tells them Hartley is a Methodist.
(b) He hides Hartley under tarps in his truck.
(c) He hides Hartley in the boot of his car.
(d) He dyes Hartley's hair blond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Madeline?
2. Where does Madeline want to live after she drops out of school?
3. What is Leslie Slote's job?
4. Where does Berel suggest Natalie go?
5. What does Victor mean when he tells Warren that Byron will "crawl out of the rubble with someone's gold watch"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)