|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoine say is destroyed when a man is killed?
2. Who controlled the things that were under the table when Antoine ate with the two girls?
3. What does Antoine say an Army Sergeant does first when he wakes during war?
4. What stamp does Antoine say marked all the people on the train?
5. How did a man with different beliefs from those in his town intend to protect himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Antoine feel about the girls from Paraguay after his experience with them at the table?
2. What does Antoine curse at the end of the book, and why?
3. How did Mohammed differ from the other slaves Antoine had seen in the desert?
4. How did the Moorish men feel when they saw the waterfall in France?
5. To what does Antoine compare the people on the train?
6. How does Antoine describe the house the two girls from Paraguay lived in?
7. What caused the sergeant that Antoine met to join the war?
8. To what does Antoine compare the sergeant who reluctantly joined the war?
9. What does Antoine think happened to the girls since he last saw them?
10. What are some of the more violent examples Antoine gives of men's need to unite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy are attributes present in a number of places in this book. What are some of the best examples and how do these affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Industry and the effects of industry are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to affect Antoine's life?
Essay Topic 3
Slavery is a strong and controversial idea in this book. How is this controversial idea presented, and what are some of the differing views?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)