|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Antoine compare seasons?
2. Where was Antoine when he discovered some hope in humanity during the war?
3. Whose experience gave Antoine hope after his crash landing?
4. To whom does Antoine compare the child on the train?
5. What about the two girls does Antoine think has evolved since his time with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Antoine sat at a table to eat with the two girls from Paraguay?
2. What caused Antoine to crash land in the desert?
3. What did Antoine do for Bark before he left the desert?
4. How did Antoine and his mechanic feel as the journey to Saigon began?
5. What does Antoine think happened to the girls since he last saw them?
6. What gave Prevot comfort when the water ran out in the desert?
7. How did Antoine feel about the girls from Paraguay after his experience with them at the table?
8. What does Antoine curse at the end of the book, and why?
9. How did Antoine and Prevot react when they met a caravan after their crash landing?
10. What are some of the more violent examples Antoine gives of men's need to unite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the people involved in those parts?
Essay Topic 2
What is Antoine's view of war, and how did this perspective affect his actions and relationships during his war experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of people in this book. Which of these people were most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear was manifested?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)