|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did Antoine say the sea was during the natural disaster?
2. According to Antoine, what is the key to a good plane design?
3. According to Antoine, what carpets the rolling hills in Chile?
4. How does Antoine describe women in general?
5. To what does Antoine compare people who hate machines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antoine say happens to people when they fly above the Earth?
2. On what does Antoine blame the decline in moral values?
3. To what does Antoine compare himself when his plane dropped down without any control from him?
4. What does Antoine say about women when he landed in Punta Arenas?
5. How long did Guillaumet go without sleeping while he was stranded and why?
6. How was Guillaumet found when he was stranded?
7. What confused Antoine about people who visit Chile?
8. What important skill did Mermoz teach Antoine?
9. Why does Antoine say society is heading towards the machine?
10. How does Antoine describe Guillaumet's reaction to trials and obstacles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which people are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Antoine have chosen to talk about these particular settings from his life experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Guillaumet, and how did his life and career choices affect Antoine's life? Why was he so influential on Antoine?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)