|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the Gallegos lava plains?
2. What does Antoine say he sounds like when describing his experience with a natural disaster?
3. What filled the house in Antoine's dream in the desert?
4. According to Antoine, who frees a plane design from its prison?
5. Where did Antoine land after the natural disaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a communication from Casablanca tell Antoine while he is lost that brings him comfort?
2. What does Antoine say is his favorite part of all the new machines in society?
3. What does Antoine say he knows he know he sounds like when describing the typhoon?
4. Where did Antoine fly between when he first became a pilot?
5. Why did the locals refuse to join the search for Guillaumet when he went missing?
6. To what does Antoine compare himself when he finds himself at the mercy of the elements?
7. What important skill did Mermoz teach Antoine?
8. On what does Antoine blame the decline in moral values?
9. What did Antoine find when he thought he was in a place where no man had been before, and what did he think they were?
10. What happened to Antoine's hands during his flight through the typhoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Slavery is a strong and controversial idea in this book. How is this controversial idea presented, and what are some of the differing views?
Essay Topic 2
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 3
Antoine believes strongly in the power of unity. How does he present this idea, and why? What does he think unity can truly bring about in the world, and is this really possible?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)