|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Antoine about some people who visit Chile?
2. What does Antoine say he sounds like when describing his experience with a natural disaster?
3. What did Antoine want the person in his dreams to call him when she heard of his adventures?
4. How does Antoine describe the lives of men who did not fly planes?
5. During what season did Guillaumet get stranded?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Antoine compare himself when his plane dropped down without any control from him?
2. What happened to Antoine's hands during his flight through the typhoon?
3. What does Antoine say he knows he know he sounds like when describing the typhoon?
4. How was Guillaumet found when he was stranded?
5. Why does Antoine say society is heading towards the machine?
6. Why did the locals refuse to join the search for Guillaumet when he went missing?
7. What does Antoine say are the essential attributes of a well-designed plane?
8. How long did Guillaumet go without sleeping while he was stranded and why?
9. What did Antoine find when he thought he was in a place where no man had been before, and what did he think they were?
10. What did Antoine notice about the sky just before the typhoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme. What parts of the book embody this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the people involved?
Essay Topic 2
Industry and the effects of industry are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to affect Antoine's life?
Essay Topic 3
Slavery is a strong and controversial idea in this book. How is this controversial idea presented, and what are some of the differing views?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)