|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Guillaumet carrying in the plane when he left Antoine in the Sahara?
(a) Engine parts.
(d) Coded messages.
2. What does Antoine say dirtied the people on the train?
3. Where did the dew come from after Antoine's crash landing?
(a) An oasis.
(b) The Nile.
(c) Some root vegetables.
(d) Far off rain showers.
4. How does Antoine say Madrid responded to the bombing?
5. What time of day did Antoine go looking for water after his crash landing?
(c) Dusk and dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Antoine and the French Sergeant in the desert talk about on his roof?
2. Which of the following was not a factor in the Civil War?
3. Where did the French Sergeant in the desert say his enthusiasm came from?
4. What did the desert men plan to steal from Bonnafous?
5. What does Antoine talk about in his last chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antoine curse at the end of the book, and why?
2. What happened when Antoine sat at a table to eat with the two girls from Paraguay?
3. What did Antoine do for Bark before he left the desert?
4. What caused Antoine to crash land in the desert?
5. How did Antoine feel about the girls from Paraguay after his experience with them at the table?
6. How did the Moorish men feel when they saw the waterfall in France?
7. What did Antoine do with all of his money while walking through a desert village one day?
8. What did Antoine see on the meteorology report before heading out to Saigon?
9. What are some of the more violent examples Antoine gives of men's need to unite?
10. What gave Prevot comfort when the water ran out in the desert?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)