|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Antoine, what do silly men have to do to make girls think they are charming?
(a) Give hints of borrowed charm.
(b) Make a girl feel special.
(c) Dress well.
(d) Brings gifts.
2. What did Antoine feel under the table while eating with the two girls?
3. What does Antoine compare Madrid to while he and Pepin watched it being bombed?
(a) A fortress.
(b) A ship at sea.
(c) A war hawk.
(d) A sanctuary.
4. What does Antoine say an Army Sergeant does first when he wakes during war?
(a) Reaches for his gun.
(b) Checks on his bunk mate.
(c) Sits up straight in observance.
(d) Covers his head.
5. What did Antoine use to collect the dew after his crash landing?
(a) A silver bowl.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A parachute.
(d) A canteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warned Antoine about the first wind storm he experienced in the desert?
2. What did Antoine see in the desert when he was left alone there the first time?
3. What always follows intelligence in children?
4. To what faction did Pepin belong?
5. What is the color of the boy on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Antoine do for Bark before he left the desert?
2. Why does Antoine say the killing in war is ironic?
3. How did Antoine feel about the girls from Paraguay after his experience with them at the table?
4. What happened to slaves in the desert who were unable to serve?
5. To what does Antoine compare himself at the end of the book?
6. How did Mohammed differ from the other slaves Antoine had seen in the desert?
7. How does Antoine describe the child he sees on the train?
8. How did Antoine and his mechanic feel as the journey to Saigon began?
9. How does Antoine describe the house the two girls from Paraguay lived in?
10. To what does Antoine compare the people on the train?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)