|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antoine describe the Spanish town in the middle of the Civil War?
2. For what trait are the Moorish best known?
(a) Their superstition.
(b) Their violence.
(c) Their devotion.
(d) Their reverence.
3. Where was Antoine headed when he crash landed in the desert?
4. What word does Antoine use to describe the killing of lives?
5. What do the people on the train travel to be near to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the crash landing, what did Antoine think he saw in the Middle East when he looked at a meteorology map before taking off?
2. What was the main comfort to the man with Antoine after the crash landing?
3. What did Antoine use to collect the dew after his crash landing?
4. To what faction did Pepin belong?
5. What did Antoine feel under the table while eating with the two girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Antoine feel about the girls from Paraguay after his experience with them at the table?
2. To what does Antoine compare himself at the end of the book?
3. What made Antoine know his survival in the desert was worth the effort?
4. How did Mohammed choose to prepare himself to return to his family?
5. What did Antoine see on the meteorology report before heading out to Saigon?
6. How does Antoine start his chapter about oases?
7. How did Antoine and his mechanic feel as the journey to Saigon began?
8. How does Antoine describe the house the two girls from Paraguay lived in?
9. How did Mohammed differ from the other slaves Antoine had seen in the desert?
10. How does Antoine describe the child he sees on the train?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)