|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the two girls does Antoine think has evolved since his time with them?
(a) Their dreams.
(b) Their desires.
(c) Their looks.
(d) Their view of the world.
2. What does Antoine do for the people on the train at the end of the book?
3. What did the two girls at the first oasis like to feed in their spare time?
4. What stamp does Antoine say marked all the people on the train?
(a) The Stamp of Necessity.
(b) The Stamp of Bureaucracy.
(c) The Stamp of Labor.
(d) The Stamp of Approval.
5. How did a man with different beliefs from those in his town intend to protect himself?
(a) Always be armed.
(b) Befriend spies.
(c) Make good friends.
(d) Stay in hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoine say the man who marries one of the girls will do to her wild garden?
2. What word does Antoine use to describe the killing of lives?
3. What sound did Antoine hear just before he was rescued?
4. What does Antoine call himself at the end of the book?
5. Of what are the French Army cots made?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Antoine compare himself at the end of the book?
2. How does Antoine start his chapter about oases?
3. What did Antoine do with all of his money while walking through a desert village one day?
4. How did Antoine and his mechanic feel as the journey to Saigon began?
5. What caused Antoine to crash land in the desert?
6. What happened when Antoine sat at a table to eat with the two girls from Paraguay?
7. To what does Antoine compare the sergeant who reluctantly joined the war?
8. How does Antoine describe the house the two girls from Paraguay lived in?
9. How has the need for labor changed the people on the train?
10. How did Antoine feel about the girls from Paraguay after his experience with them at the table?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)