|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Antoine see in the desert when he was left alone there the first time?
(a) A sand storm.
(b) A gazelle.
(c) An oasis.
(d) A cobra.
2. To what does Antoine compare the war politics?
(a) A university.
(b) A hospital.
(c) The creation.
(d) A prison.
3. In what kind of building did Antoine stay when he saw his first oasis?
4. How did the desert men feel after taking air tours over France?
5. What does Antoine call himself at the end of the book?
(a) A god.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warned Antoine about the first wind storm he experienced in the desert?
2. How does Antoine say Madrid responded to the bombing?
3. What does Antoine say is destroyed when a man is killed?
4. What water form was the sign of God's water power to the desert men?
5. How does Antoine describe the two girls after he saw what was under the table?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the sergeant that Antoine met to join the war?
2. What did Antoine see on the meteorology report before heading out to Saigon?
3. What are some of the more violent examples Antoine gives of men's need to unite?
4. What caused Antoine to crash land in the desert?
5. To what does Antoine compare himself at the end of the book?
6. How did Antoine and his mechanic feel as the journey to Saigon began?
7. How does Antoine describe the child he sees on the train?
8. How does Antoine start his chapter about oases?
9. How did Mohammed differ from the other slaves Antoine had seen in the desert?
10. What happened when Antoine sat at a table to eat with the two girls from Paraguay?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)