|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something Antoine said was sacrificed by the people on the train?
(a) Their identities.
(b) Their physical forms.
(c) Their homes.
(d) Their families.
2. What was the occupation of the man flying with Antoine when they crash landed in the desert?
3. Where was Antoine headed when he crash landed in the desert?
4. What does Antoine talk about in his last chapter?
(a) Human nature.
5. What kind of men does Antoine think are shot the most blatantly during war?
(a) The most logical.
(b) The loudest.
(c) The most peaceful.
(d) The weakest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Antoine to think he was going mad after his crash landing?
2. What makes the child on the train glow?
3. What was most surprising to the desert men who took air tours of France?
4. What have the people on the train turned themselves into?
5. What does Antoine call himself at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Antoine say the killing in war is ironic?
2. What made Antoine know his survival in the desert was worth the effort?
3. What does Antoine say dies when a man is killed?
4. How did Antoine and Prevot react when they met a caravan after their crash landing?
5. What did Antoine see on the meteorology report before heading out to Saigon?
6. What are some of the more violent examples Antoine gives of men's need to unite?
7. How did the Moorish men feel when they saw the waterfall in France?
8. How does Antoine describe the child he sees on the train?
9. What caused the sergeant that Antoine met to join the war?
10. What did the two girls from Paraguay like to do in their spare time?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)