|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of winds does Antoine say tossed about the people on the train?
2. How did Antoine feel after drinking the dew?
3. What did Antoine and the French Sergeant in the desert talk about on his roof?
(a) The dangers of flying.
(b) The French Legion.
(c) The stars.
(d) The desert mysteries.
4. How far did Antoine walk by himself one day after his crash landing?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
5. What did Antoine feel under the table while eating with the two girls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Antoine to think he was going mad after his crash landing?
2. How did the desert men feel after taking air tours over France?
3. What warned Antoine about the first wind storm he experienced in the desert?
4. How does Antoine describe the two girls after he saw what was under the table?
5. What do the people on the train travel to be near to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the need for labor changed the people on the train?
2. How did the Moorish men feel when they saw the waterfall in France?
3. What did Antoine see on the meteorology report before heading out to Saigon?
4. How did Antoine and Prevot react when they met a caravan after their crash landing?
5. To what does Antoine compare the people on the train?
6. What does Antoine think happened to the girls since he last saw them?
7. How does Antoine start his chapter about oases?
8. What are some of the more violent examples Antoine gives of men's need to unite?
9. What did the two girls from Paraguay like to do in their spare time?
10. What did Antoine do for Bark before he left the desert?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)