|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Antoine sometimes forget while he was flying?
(a) That he was in a machine.
(b) That he had a specific objective.
(c) That he was part of a team.
(d) That he was in the air.
2. What confuses Antoine about some people who visit Chile?
(a) That they are ever willing to leave.
(b) That one day can be enough.
(c) That they can find something worth returning to.
(d) That they can leave without changing at all.
3. During what season did Guillaumet get stranded?
4. According to Antoine, what is an artist's true job?
(a) Express his inner desires.
(b) Be as concise as possible.
(c) Release the part within the block of marble.
(d) Show the hand of God.
5. What mountains were visible when Antoine experienced his natural disaster?
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute does Antoine say made him the most comfortable to fly with his team?
2. To what does Antoine compare Guillaumet when talking about how he confronted challenges?
3. What will groundbreaking machines fade into with time?
4. What kind of storm does Antoine say he prefers to face?
5. Of what does Antoine say the men in bureaucratic positions were victims?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some people think machines have caused the loss of important morals and values in society?
2. What did Antoine notice about the sky just before the typhoon?
3. What does Antoine say made his experience being lost noble?
4. Why does Antoine say society is heading towards the machine?
5. What does Antoine say is the true calling of a sculptor?
6. Why did the locals refuse to join the search for Guillaumet when he went missing?
7. What does Antoine say are the essential attributes of a well-designed plane?
8. How was Guillaumet found when he was stranded?
9. What did a communication from Casablanca tell Antoine while he is lost that brings him comfort?
10. What happened to Antoine's hands during his flight through the typhoon?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)