|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the French aeronautic program?
(c) Aero De Soleil.
2. What color did Antoine say the sea was during the natural disaster?
3. What confuses Antoine about some people who visit Chile?
(a) That one day can be enough.
(b) That they are ever willing to leave.
(c) That they can leave without changing at all.
(d) That they can find something worth returning to.
4. What does Antoine say is the greatest benefit received by machines?
(a) They spread unity and love.
(b) They inspire progression.
(c) They raise the quality of life.
(d) They bring people together.
5. What does Antoine describe at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A typhoon.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountains were visible when Antoine experienced his natural disaster?
2. How long was Guillaumet stranded before he was found?
3. What does Antoine contemplate when he landed in Punta Arenas?
4. What did Mermoz teach Antoine to do?
5. How does Antoine describe the lives of men who did not fly planes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Guillaumet say to Antoine in their first conversation together?
2. What did Antoine find when he thought he was in a place where no man had been before, and what did he think they were?
3. Why do some people think machines have caused the loss of important morals and values in society?
4. What does Antoine say made his experience being lost noble?
5. What does Antoine say shaped his life the most?
6. How does Antoine describe Guillaumet's reaction to trials and obstacles?
7. What were the worst moments of the typhoon for Antoine?
8. Where did Antoine fly between when he first became a pilot?
9. Why did the locals refuse to join the search for Guillaumet when he went missing?
10. What did Antoine think as he boarded the bus heading to his first day of flying?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)