|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Antoine when he thought he was somewhere no man had been before?
2. According to Antoine, what carpets the rolling hills in Chile?
3. What holiday did Antoine feel he was celebrating when he was in the Sahara with some pilots?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Valentine's Day.
4. What word does Antoine use repeatedly to describe a well-designed plane?
5. What does Antoine say is removed when one flies above the landscape?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Antoine, what is an artist's true job?
2. To what kind of people does Antoine compare engineers?
3. What did the ocean look like to Antoine during the natural disaster?
4. According to Antoine, what shaped his character the most?
5. What does Antoine say is the greatest benefit received by machines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Antoine say society is heading towards the machine?
2. What did Antoine think as he boarded the bus heading to his first day of flying?
3. What confused Antoine about people who visit Chile?
4. What did Antoine find when he thought he was in a place where no man had been before, and what did he think they were?
5. How long did Guillaumet go without sleeping while he was stranded and why?
6. What were the worst moments of the typhoon for Antoine?
7. How did Antoine feel about his housekeeper as a child?
8. How does Antoine describe Guillaumet's reaction to trials and obstacles?
9. Where did Antoine fly between when he first became a pilot?
10. What does Antoine say happens to people when they fly above the Earth?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)