|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Antoine compare seasons?
2. How does Antoine say Madrid responded to the bombing?
3. What was Guillaumet carrying in the plane when he left Antoine in the Sahara?
(a) Coded messages.
(c) Engine parts.
4. Whose experience gave Antoine hope after his crash landing?
5. Where was the first oasis Antoine stayed?
6. What motivated Antoine to stay alive after his crash landing?
(a) His own selfish pride.
(b) The sadness his father would feel.
(c) Thoughts of his family.
(d) His desire to write about his experience.
7. According to Antoine, how did the house the two girls lived in once look long ago?
8. What sound did Antoine hear just before he was rescued?
(a) Water running.
(b) A woman singing.
(c) A camel spitting.
(d) A bell ringing.
9. According to Antoine, what kind of world is the desert?
(a) A mineral world.
(b) A barbaric world.
(c) A secretive world.
(d) A dangerous world.
10. What did Antoine see in the desert when he was left alone there the first time?
(a) A gazelle.
(b) An oasis.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A sand storm.
11. What did the Arabs name Mohammed?
12. What did the desert men plan to steal from Bonnafous?
13. How does Antoine describe the two girls after he saw what was under the table?
14. In what kind of building did Antoine stay when he saw his first oasis?
15. With whom did Antoine stay when he saw his first oasis?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A co-pilot.
(c) A family.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Antoine fear the two girls at the first oasis would do to him?
2. What was most surprising to the desert men who took air tours of France?
3. To whom does Antoine compare the child on the train?
4. What main topic does Antoine discuss in Chapter 9?
5. What about the two girls does Antoine think has evolved since his time with them?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)