|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of building does Antoine hate to see smoking from the air?
(a) Family houses.
2. What does Antoine say an Army Sergeant does first when he wakes during war?
(a) Covers his head.
(b) Reaches for his gun.
(c) Checks on his bunk mate.
(d) Sits up straight in observance.
3. What did Antoine and the French Sergeant in the desert talk about on his roof?
(a) The dangers of flying.
(b) The French Legion.
(c) The desert mysteries.
(d) The stars.
4. To what does Antoine compare the war politics?
(a) A university.
(b) The creation.
(c) A prison.
(d) A hospital.
5. What always follows intelligence in children?
6. What did Antoine see in the desert when he was left alone there the first time?
(a) A sand storm.
(b) An oasis.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) A cobra.
7. What stamp does Antoine say marked all the people on the train?
(a) The Stamp of Necessity.
(b) The Stamp of Bureaucracy.
(c) The Stamp of Labor.
(d) The Stamp of Approval.
8. What was the occupation of the man flying with Antoine when they crash landed in the desert?
9. What warned Antoine about the first wind storm he experienced in the desert?
(a) The French Sergeant.
(d) The moon.
10. How did two girls disappear and reappear while in the building Antoine stayed in when he saw his first oasis?
(a) They knew where all the shadows were darkest.
(b) Secret passageways.
(c) The vents were large.
(d) They were twins.
11. What about the two girls does Antoine think has evolved since his time with them?
(a) Their view of the world.
(b) Their looks.
(c) Their dreams.
(d) Their desires.
12. For what did the children in the desert beg?
(c) Cool breezes.
13. What does Antoine say the man who marries one of the girls will do to her wild garden?
(a) Hedge it up.
(b) Tame it.
(c) Lock it up.
(d) Kill it.
14. What word does Antoine use to describe the killing of lives?
15. To what does Antoine compare the people on the train?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Antoine when he discovered some hope in humanity during the war?
2. What does Antoine say dirtied the people on the train?
3. What made Antoine know surviving after the crash landing was worth the effort?
4. How did the desert men feel after taking air tours over France?
5. Which of the following was NOT something Antoine said was sacrificed by the people on the train?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)