|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antoine describe the two girls after he saw what was under the table?
2. What warned Antoine about the first wind storm he experienced in the desert?
(a) The moon.
(b) The French Sergeant.
3. Who were the Razzia?
(a) Tribal looters.
(b) The Egyptian government.
(c) Moorish marauders.
(d) Sea pirates.
4. According to Antoine, who do princesses become when they marry stupid men?
5. What does Antoine talk about in his last chapter?
(a) Human nature.
6. Where did the dew come from after Antoine's crash landing?
(a) Some root vegetables.
(b) The Nile.
(c) Far off rain showers.
(d) An oasis.
7. What main topic does Antoine discuss in Chapter 9?
8. What does Antoine compare Madrid to while he and Pepin watched it being bombed?
(a) A war hawk.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A sanctuary.
(d) A ship at sea.
9. For what did the children in the desert beg?
(b) Cool breezes.
10. Where did Antoine sleep after his crash landing?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In the plane.
(c) Under trees.
(d) In sand holes.
11. What does Antoine say the human soul remembers?
(a) Those things which unite it to other souls.
(b) The love it feels and shares.
(c) The actions that move worlds.
(d) The lives it touches.
12. What did the Arabs name Mohammed?
13. What always follows intelligence in children?
14. What did two opposing sides call one another after a day of battling?
15. In what kind of building did Antoine stay when he saw his first oasis?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Antoine, what kind of world is the desert?
2. What does Antoine say dirtied the people on the train?
3. What kind of building does Antoine hate to see smoking from the air?
4. How does Antoine describe the parents of the child on the train?
5. Whose experience gave Antoine hope after his crash landing?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)