|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Razzia?
(a) Moorish marauders.
(b) Tribal looters.
(c) Sea pirates.
(d) The Egyptian government.
2. What was Guillaumet carrying in the plane when he left Antoine in the Sahara?
(a) Coded messages.
(d) Engine parts.
3. What does Antoine say is destroyed when a man is killed?
(a) A sacred vessel.
(b) The key to secrets.
(c) A child of God.
(d) A whole world.
4. To what faction did Pepin belong?
5. In what kind of building did Antoine stay when he saw his first oasis?
6. Which of the following was NOT something Antoine said was sacrificed by the people on the train?
(a) Their families.
(b) Their identities.
(c) Their homes.
(d) Their physical forms.
7. To what does Antoine compare the war politics?
(a) A hospital.
(b) The creation.
(c) A university.
(d) A prison.
8. Where did the dew come from after Antoine's crash landing?
(a) Some root vegetables.
(b) An oasis.
(c) The Nile.
(d) Far off rain showers.
9. What did the Spanish fighters say they were fighting for during the war?
(c) Human rights.
10. How did two girls disappear and reappear while in the building Antoine stayed in when he saw his first oasis?
(a) They knew where all the shadows were darkest.
(b) The vents were large.
(c) Secret passageways.
(d) They were twins.
11. What did Antoine use to collect the dew after his crash landing?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A silver bowl.
(c) A parachute.
(d) A canteen.
12. How far did Antoine walk by himself one day after his crash landing?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
13. What was the name of the man with Antoine when he crash landed in the desert?
14. According to Antoine, how did the house the two girls lived in once look long ago?
15. What does Antoine say was washed from the people on the train?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what trait are the Moorish best known?
2. What title in the Army did Bonnafous hold?
3. How does Antoine say Madrid responded to the bombing?
4. What kind of men does Antoine think are shot the most blatantly during war?
5. What sound did Antoine hear just before he was rescued?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)