|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Antoine says that machines help people to do?
2. To what did Antoine's flying partner pray for guidance?
(a) The Stars.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The Earth.
3. What confuses Antoine about some people who visit Chile?
(a) That they can find something worth returning to.
(b) That one day can be enough.
(c) That they can leave without changing at all.
(d) That they are ever willing to leave.
4. What attribute does Antoine say made him the most comfortable to fly with his team?
5. What does Antoine always hope to remember?
(a) The significance of his dreams.
(b) The importance of childhood.
(c) The scope of his future.
(d) The influence he holds for others.
6. At what was Mermoz an expert?
(a) Flying through uncharted territory.
(b) Teaching emergency preparedness.
(c) Making new types of plane engines.
(d) Identifying risks from miles away.
7. What holiday did Antoine feel he was celebrating when he was in the Sahara with some pilots?
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's.
8. What does Antoine think the strange rocks are that he found in the place he thinks no other human had been?
(a) Ancient ruins.
(b) Lava flows.
(c) A new and strange gem.
9. Where was Antoine when he heard that Guillaumet had been found?
(a) The airport.
(b) A local hut.
(c) The hangar.
(d) A pub.
10. What does Antoine say was the most significant part of a physical struggle?
(a) The mental capacity.
(b) The ability to keep it in the past.
(c) The spiritual aspect.
(d) The shared experience.
11. Where did Antoine land after the natural disaster?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The shore.
(c) A field.
(d) A ship dock.
12. According to Antoine, what are all humans on the earth?
13. Because of machines, what can men dance to?
(a) The future.
14. What motivated Guillaumet to keep moving when he was stranded and alone?
(a) His own pride.
(b) The information he was to deliver.
(c) The thought of his family.
(d) The call of a wolf guiding him.
15. What will groundbreaking machines fade into with time?
(a) Lack of notice.
(d) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Antoine, what made him such good friends with his fellow pilots?
2. What was the worst feeling Antoine experienced during the natural disaster?
3. How long was Guillaumet stranded before he was found?
4. What does Antoine say is the greatest benefit received by machines?
5. With what part of his body did Antoine lose communication during the natural disaster?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)