|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What filled the house in Antoine's dream in the desert?
2. What did Antoine's teacher say lies below the clouds?
(a) The Unknown.
(d) The Earth.
3. To what does Antoine compare Guillaumet when talking about how he confronted challenges?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A professor.
4. To what kind of people does Antoine compare engineers?
5. Where was Antoine when he saw a natural disaster?
(a) A ship.
(b) His plane.
(c) His house.
(d) A car.
6. What did Mermoz do when his plane wouldn't start while stranded on a cliff?
(a) Made a large fire to send a signal.
(b) Fixed the engine with some tweezers and a plastic wrapper.
(c) Used coconut milk as fuel.
(d) Pushed the plane off the edge and started the engine.
7. What does Antoine blame for decreasing morals in society?
8. What holiday did Antoine feel he was celebrating when he was in the Sahara with some pilots?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's.
9. What did Antoine do during his breakfast after he got lost for the first time?
(b) Stayed silent.
10. How should a pilot be able to use a well-designed plane?
(a) Like a powerful tool.
(b) Like an extension of his body.
(c) Like a thin rapier.
(d) Like a bit of his own thought process.
11. What does Antoine say his story about the natural disaster was unable to do?
(a) Show his true feelings.
(b) Connect him to the reader.
(c) Elicit emotion.
(d) Calm his heart.
12. According to Antoine, what are all humans on the earth?
13. What color was the sky on the day that Antoine saw the natural disaster?
14. What color are the strange rocks that Antoine found in the place he thinks no other human had been?
15. What did the ocean look like to Antoine during the natural disaster?
(a) A splash of blue.
(b) A shattered mirror.
(c) A glass bottle.
(d) A boiling pot of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoine say is the greatest benefit received by machines?
2. What color are the Gallegos lava plains?
3. What mountains were visible when Antoine experienced his natural disaster?
4. What did Antoine want the person in his dreams to call him when she heard of his adventures?
5. To what does Antoine compare his brotherhood of pilots?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)