|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which desert did Antoine have his important dream?
(d) Death Valley.
2. Where was Antoine when he saw a natural disaster?
(a) A car.
(b) His house.
(c) His plane.
(d) A ship.
3. What does Antoine say is the greatest benefit received by machines?
(a) They bring people together.
(b) They raise the quality of life.
(c) They spread unity and love.
(d) They inspire progression.
4. With what part of his body did Antoine lose communication during the natural disaster?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His feet.
(c) His hands.
(d) His bladder.
5. What caused Antoine to want to stop fighting against the natural disaster?
6. Which of the following is NOT something that Antoine says that machines help people to do?
7. What did some people say was far better than a tractor?
(a) A rain shower.
(b) A plow.
(c) A hoe.
(d) A rake.
8. How does Antoine describe the lives of men who did not fly planes?
9. What were Antoine's worst moments while he was experiencing the natural disaster?
(a) Calm moments.
(b) Noisy moments.
(c) When he couldn't see.
(d) The most turbulent moments.
10. To what does Antoine compare Guillaumet when talking about how he confronted challenges?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A professor.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A carpenter.
11. What was Guillaumet's occupation?
12. According to Antoine, what shaped his character the most?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His schooling.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His adventures.
13. According to Antoine, what are all humans on the earth?
14. To what kind of people does Antoine compare engineers?
15. What mountains were visible when Antoine experienced his natural disaster?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoine think the strange rocks are that he found in the place he thinks no other human had been?
2. According to Antoine, what made him such good friends with his fellow pilots?
3. How did one of Antoine's friends die while in the Sahara?
4. What did Antoine imagine lightning to be during his journey?
5. What did Earth symbolize to Antoine as a pilot?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)