|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mermoz do when his plane wouldn't start while stranded on a cliff?
(a) Made a large fire to send a signal.
(b) Used coconut milk as fuel.
(c) Fixed the engine with some tweezers and a plastic wrapper.
(d) Pushed the plane off the edge and started the engine.
2. According to Antoine, what is an artist's true job?
(a) Release the part within the block of marble.
(b) Be as concise as possible.
(c) Show the hand of God.
(d) Express his inner desires.
3. In which desert did Antoine have his important dream?
(b) Death Valley.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Antoine says that machines help people to do?
5. What kind of storm does Antoine say he prefers to face?
(a) One he can predict.
(b) One he can see.
(c) One he can hide from.
(d) One he can avoid.
6. Who was with Mermoz when he was stranded on the cliff?
(a) His mechanic.
(b) His partner.
(d) His teacher.
7. What did Mermoz teach Antoine to do?
(a) Land on a sea air strip.
(b) Create a map.
(c) Use his pack as a floatation device.
(d) Push back the fear in his mind.
8. What confuses Antoine about some people who visit Chile?
(a) That one day can be enough.
(b) That they can leave without changing at all.
(c) That they are ever willing to leave.
(d) That they can find something worth returning to.
9. With what part of his body did Antoine lose communication during the natural disaster?
(a) His bladder.
(b) His hands.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His feet.
10. How long was Guillaumet stranded before he was found?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
11. According to Antoine, what made Mermoz such a good pilot?
(a) His instinct with weather.
(b) His ability to think outside the box.
(c) His lack of fear.
(d) His bond with his craft.
12. What causes the metal of a well-designed plane to disappear from notice?
(a) Easy movement.
(b) Simple features.
(c) Quiet engines.
(d) Perfect functioning.
13. To what did Antoine's flying partner pray for guidance?
(a) The Moon.
(b) The Stars.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Earth.
14. Where was Antoine when he heard that Guillaumet had been found?
(a) The hangar.
(b) A pub.
(c) A local hut.
(d) The airport.
15. What did Antoine want the person in his dreams to call him when she heard of his adventures?
(a) A Wild Lad.
(b) A Great Gentleman.
(c) An Amazing Adventurer.
(d) A Wise Wanderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Guillaumet use for shelter while he was stranded?
2. What does Antoine blame for decreasing morals in society?
3. What did Antoine's teacher say lies below the clouds?
4. Where did Antoine land after the natural disaster?
5. What was the worst feeling Antoine experienced during the natural disaster?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)