|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: The Tool.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antoine say is the greatest benefit received by machines?
(a) They bring people together.
(b) They inspire progression.
(c) They raise the quality of life.
(d) They spread unity and love.
2. What did Mermoz do when his plane wouldn't start while stranded on a cliff?
(a) Pushed the plane off the edge and started the engine.
(b) Used coconut milk as fuel.
(c) Fixed the engine with some tweezers and a plastic wrapper.
(d) Made a large fire to send a signal.
3. What caused Antoine to become lost for the first time?
(b) Fast falling darkness.
(d) A broken beacon.
4. What does Antoine definitively say Guillaumet was NOT?
(a) Overly confident.
5. What does Antoine say machines annihilate for humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Antoine use repeatedly to describe a well-designed plane?
2. Where was Antoine when he heard that Guillaumet had been found?
3. What did Mermoz teach Antoine to do?
4. To what does Antoine compare his brotherhood of pilots?
5. How does Antoine describe the lives of men who did not fly planes?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)