|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Antoine to become lost for the first time?
(c) Fast falling darkness.
(d) A broken beacon.
2. For what was Antoine disciplined after getting lost for the first time?
(a) Being late to the destination.
(b) Losing communication with the tower.
(c) Injuring the plane.
(d) Flying too close to the tower.
3. What motivated Guillaumet to keep moving when he was stranded and alone?
(a) His own pride.
(b) The thought of his family.
(c) The information he was to deliver.
(d) The call of a wolf guiding him.
4. What did Guillaumet use for shelter while he was stranded?
(a) A hollow tree.
(b) A snow cave.
(c) A cave.
(d) His plane.
5. What does Antoine say he felt like after his conversation with Guillaumet about the map?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A cartographer.
(c) An expert.
(d) An immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antoine describe the lives of men who did not fly planes?
2. At what was Mermoz an expert?
3. What did Antoine sometimes forget while he was flying?
4. What did Earth symbolize to Antoine as a pilot?
5. How many days did Guillaumet walk without sleeping while stranded ?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)