Chapter 1: The Craft
• Antoine talks about his training in flight school where the instructors spent a lot of time talking about the dangers of flying.
• Guillaumet told Antoine about all the dangers not on the map. After this, Antoine felt more confident that he could fly the route safely.
• Antoine expressed distress and sympathy for all men working and living as part of the bureaucracy. He liked that his job was different.
• Antoine was most comfortable in the sky when he was flying with trained and unified teams. He put a lot of trust in his partner.
• One night, Antoine and his partner became lost in a fog and lost some of their communication. It was dangerous and scary, but they made it through.
• Antoine compared himself to a peasant at this time saying they were both at the mercy of the elements.
• Antoine and his partner were...
This section contains 1,560 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)