|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the swallows headed?
2. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
3. The equipment for each fighter includes:
4. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
5. Where does the motorcar end up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 2
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
Essay Topic 3
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)