|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "cutting-out expedition," who is in charge of acquiring equipment?
2. What clues Mole into thinking that Toad is up to no good?
3. What brushes Toad on the shoulder?
4. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
5. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
2. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
3. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
4. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
5. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
6. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
7. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
8. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
9. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
10. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring the river as a symbol in this book.
Essay Topic 2
How are the real characteristics of the animals portrayed in this story similar to their human-like characters? Write a paper comparing one of the major characters to his real-life animal.
Essay Topic 3
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)