|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "cutting-out expedition," who is in charge of acquiring equipment?
2. The equipment for each fighter includes:
3. What does Toad think of himself?
4. The wayfarer's ancestor was:
5. What did Rat and Mole hear on the river just before dawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
2. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
3. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
4. Who finds Portly and where?
5. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
6. How does Water Rat know that fall is coming?
7. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
8. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
9. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
10. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
Essay Topic 3
What theme recurs in Toad's adventures? Write an essay describing how Toad's adventures relate to his major character traits.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)