|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the animals eat after the attack?
2. What happened to the invitations that Toad wrote?
3. Where does the motorcar end up?
4. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
5. Where did Toad see the motorcar earlier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
2. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
3. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
4. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
5. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
6. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
7. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
8. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
9. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
10. How does Toad get a ride on the train?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main cause of Toad's reformation? Was it regard for his friends, or his experiences. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the importance of the seasons to the story in A Wind in the Willows. What happens during each season? What events happen because of the season?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)