|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
2. Who starts to chase Toad after the motorcar crashes?
3. The equipment for each fighter includes:
4. Where is the Grand Canal?
5. What does Badger tell Toad he must do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
2. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
3. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
4. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
5. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
6. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
7. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
8. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
9. How does Toad get a ride on the train?
10. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What was the main cause of Toad's reformation? Was it regard for his friends, or his experiences. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the function of the Sea Rat in this story? Write an essay describing his character and relationship to the theme of adventure vs. home.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)