|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rat gather before the attack on Toad Hall?
2. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
3. Mole and Rat see a vision of a strange figure. What does the figure look like?
4. What color are the wayfarer's eyes?
5. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
2. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
3. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
4. Why did stoats and weasels invade Toad Hall?
5. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
6. How does Toad acquire a set of clothing to escape in?
7. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
8. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
9. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
10. Who finds Portly and where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the way that the author uses the senses to bring the story to life. Use quotations from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)