|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "cutting-out expedition," who is in charge of acquiring equipment?
2. Why does Toad get angry at the others the next morning?
3. Where does the motorcar end up?
4. Who defended Toad Hall?
5. What is the name of Otter's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
2. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
3. Who finds Portly and where?
4. How does Toad get a ride on the train?
5. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
6. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
7. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
8. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
9. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
10. How does Water Rat know that fall is coming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring the river as a symbol in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)