|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rat doesn't know why he feels:
2. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
3. The wayfarer drank wine in:
4. Why, according to Rat, can't Toad sing any songs at the banquet?
5. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
2. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
3. Who finds Portly and where?
4. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
5. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
6. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
7. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
8. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
9. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
10. Why did stoats and weasels invade Toad Hall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Toad is one of the most enjoyable characters in literature. Write an essay comparing Toad to another character that you enjoy from another book.
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)