|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
2. What does Badger tell Toad he must do?
3. What happened to the invitations that Toad wrote?
4. Who has taken over Toad Hall?
5. Who starts to chase Toad after the motorcar crashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
2. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
3. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
4. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
5. Who finds Portly and where?
6. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
7. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
8. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
9. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
10. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the real characteristics of the animals portrayed in this story similar to their human-like characters? Write a paper comparing one of the major characters to his real-life animal.
Essay Topic 2
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)