|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wayfarer's ancestor was:
2. Who defended Toad Hall?
3. Toad sees a horse. What is the horse pulling?
4. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
5. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
2. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
3. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
4. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
5. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
6. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
7. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
8. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
9. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
10. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)