|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
2. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
3. The equipment for each fighter includes:
4. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
5. How much does Toad get for the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
2. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
3. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
4. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
5. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
6. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
7. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
8. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
9. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
10. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the real characteristics of the animals portrayed in this story similar to their human-like characters? Write a paper comparing one of the major characters to his real-life animal.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the Wild Woods in this story? Track the mentions of the Wild Woods in the book and describe its meaning and importance to the themes of adventure and comfort.
Essay Topic 3
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)