|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Mole and Rat visit in their quest?
2. Where does Toad jump off the train?
3. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
4. What does Badger tell Toad he must do?
5. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
2. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
3. Why did stoats and weasels invade Toad Hall?
4. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
5. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
6. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
7. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
8. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
9. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
10. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way that the author uses the senses to bring the story to life. Use quotations from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the importance of the seasons to the story in A Wind in the Willows. What happens during each season? What events happen because of the season?
Essay Topic 3
How does Mr. Badger's house reflect his character? Use details from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)