|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots at Toad?
2. Which danger on the river does Rat specifically mention?
3. Toad is in prison for stealing which of the following?
4. Which of the following did Mole and Rat visit in their quest?
5. What clues Mole into thinking that Toad is up to no good?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
2. How does Toad acquire a set of clothing to escape in?
3. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
4. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
5. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
6. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
7. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
8. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
9. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
10. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
Essay Topic 3
What was the main cause of Toad's reformation? Was it regard for his friends, or his experiences. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)