|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Grand Canal?
2. The wayfarer drank wine in:
3. What is the Otter child doing when Mole and Rat find him?
4. The equipment for each fighter includes:
5. Rat wants Toad to keep out of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
2. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
3. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
4. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
5. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
6. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
7. Why did stoats and weasels invade Toad Hall?
8. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
9. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
10. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the Wild Woods in this story? Track the mentions of the Wild Woods in the book and describe its meaning and importance to the themes of adventure and comfort.
Essay Topic 2
How does Mr. Badger's house reflect his character? Use details from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring the river as a symbol in this book.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)