|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has taken over Toad Hall?
2. Why, according to Rat, can't Toad sing any songs at the banquet?
3. Mole and Rat see a vision of a strange figure. What does the figure look like?
4. What does Rat gather before the attack on Toad Hall?
5. The equipment for each fighter includes:
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
2. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
3. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
4. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
5. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
6. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
7. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
8. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
9. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
10. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Mr. Badger's house reflect his character? Use details from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
What theme recurs in Toad's adventures? Write an essay describing how Toad's adventures relate to his major character traits.
Essay Topic 3
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)