|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The visitor is from what country?
2. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
3. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
4. Mole and Rat see a vision of a strange figure. What does the figure look like?
5. What is the name of Otter's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
2. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
3. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
4. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
5. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
6. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
7. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
8. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
9. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
10. How does Toad acquire a set of clothing to escape in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 2
Toad is one of the most enjoyable characters in literature. Write an essay comparing Toad to another character that you enjoy from another book.
Essay Topic 3
How are the real characteristics of the animals portrayed in this story similar to their human-like characters? Write a paper comparing one of the major characters to his real-life animal.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)