|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toad hide himself?
2. What does Mole disguise himself as in order to spy on the stoats?
3. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
4. Where is the Grand Canal?
5. Where does Toad jump off the train?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring the river as a symbol in this book.
Essay Topic 2
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)