|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Mole and Rat visit in their quest?
2. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
3. Two stoats sink Rat's boat with
4. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
5. What brushes Toad on the shoulder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
2. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
3. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
4. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
5. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
6. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
7. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
8. Who finds Portly and where?
9. How does Toad acquire a set of clothing to escape in?
10. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)