|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts to chase Toad after the motorcar crashes?
2. Which article of clothing does Toad lose?
3. Who defended Toad Hall?
4. The wayfarer drank wine in:
5. Toad is in prison for stealing which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
2. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
3. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
4. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
5. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
6. How does Toad get a ride on the train?
7. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
8. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
9. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
10. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
Essay Topic 3
How are the real characteristics of the animals portrayed in this story similar to their human-like characters? Write a paper comparing one of the major characters to his real-life animal.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)