|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wayfarer's ancestor was:
2. Which danger on the river does Rat specifically mention?
3. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
4. How long do Mole and Rat row when looking for Otter's son?
5. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
2. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
3. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
4. How does Toad acquire a set of clothing to escape in?
5. How does Toad get a ride on the train?
6. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
7. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
8. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
9. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
10. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the Wild Woods in this story? Track the mentions of the Wild Woods in the book and describe its meaning and importance to the themes of adventure and comfort.
Essay Topic 2
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)