|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
2. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
3. Toad is in prison for stealing which of the following?
4. What color are the wayfarer's eyes?
5. Who stops by to visit with Rat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
2. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
3. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
4. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
5. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
6. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
7. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
8. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
9. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
10. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
Essay Topic 2
How are the real characteristics of the animals portrayed in this story similar to their human-like characters? Write a paper comparing one of the major characters to his real-life animal.
Essay Topic 3
What is the function of the Sea Rat in this story? Write an essay describing his character and relationship to the theme of adventure vs. home.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)