|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toad get angry at the others the next morning?
2. What does Toad think of himself?
3. Toad promises the engine-driver to:
4. What season is this chapter set in?
5. Where does Toad jump off the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
2. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
3. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
4. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
5. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
6. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
7. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
8. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
9. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
10. Who finds Portly and where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the way that the author uses the senses to bring the story to life. Use quotations from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)