|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mole want to turn back?
2. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
3. Which of the animals feels uncomfortable in Badger's house?
4. Why can't Badger take action?
5. Which of these was NOT found in Mole's courtyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
2. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
3. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
4. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
5. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
6. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
7. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
8. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
9. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
10. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What theme recurs in Toad's adventures? Write an essay describing how Toad's adventures relate to his major character traits.
Essay Topic 2
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 3
How does Mr. Badger's house reflect his character? Use details from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)