Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
2. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
3. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
4. What is Toad's favorite color?
5. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
2. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
3. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
4. Who finds Portly and where?
5. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
6. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
7. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
8. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
9. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
10. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
How does Mr. Badger's house reflect his character? Use details from the text to support your thesis.
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)