|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
2. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
3. How many years in jail is Toad sentenced to?
4. What does Toad do while his friends are working?
5. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
2. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
3. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
4. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
5. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
6. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
7. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
8. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
9. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
10. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the importance of the seasons to the story in A Wind in the Willows. What happens during each season? What events happen because of the season?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the character of Mole in this story. What purpose does he serve in the book? How would you describe him? What makes him unique as a character?
Essay Topic 3
What was the main cause of Toad's reformation? Was it regard for his friends, or his experiences. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)