|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
2. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
3. What sound frightens Mole in the woods?
4. How long does it take Rat to find Mole?
5. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
2. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
3. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
4. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
5. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
6. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
7. Why does Mole start crying?
8. Describe Rat's character.
9. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
10. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring the river as a symbol in this book.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)