|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
2. Which of the animals feels uncomfortable in Badger's house?
3. Where are the animals when they come out of Badger's tunnel?
4. What happens when Mole rows the boat?
5. What do Rat and Mole find when they dig?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
2. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
3. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
4. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
5. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
6. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
7. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
8. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
9. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
10. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)