|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
2. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
3. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
4. What does Mole compare the river to?
5. Who did Mole and Rat do their exploring with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
2. Describe Toad.
3. Why does Badger show up?
4. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
5. How is it that Mr. Badger has such a large home?
6. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
7. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
8. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
9. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
10. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
Essay Topic 2
What was the main cause of Toad's reformation? Was it regard for his friends, or his experiences. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing Kenneth Grahame's use of language to a more modern writer. How are they different? Which one is more interesting or satisfying for the reader?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)