|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first animal that shows up during the picnic?
2. What does Badger decide they should do when Toad escapes?
3. Who goes to the village for supplies?
4. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
5. Why can't Badger take action?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
2. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
3. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
4. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
5. Describe Toad.
6. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
7. How is it that Mr. Badger has such a large home?
8. Describe Mole's character.
9. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
10. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What theme recurs in Toad's adventures? Write an essay describing how Toad's adventures relate to his major character traits.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the importance of the seasons to the story in A Wind in the Willows. What happens during each season? What events happen because of the season?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)