|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
2. Besides the beds, what is in the bedroom that Rat and Mole sleep in?
3. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
4. Who gets the "dustiest job" in the expedition that Toad plans?
5. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
2. Why isn't Toad unhappy when the expedition ends?
3. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
4. What decision do the animals come to regarding Toad's new hobby?
5. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
6. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
7. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
8. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
9. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
10. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way that the author uses the senses to bring the story to life. Use quotations from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
What was the main cause of Toad's reformation? Was it regard for his friends, or his experiences. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)