|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
2. Who does Mole ask Rat to introduce him to?
3. Where did Mole cut himself?
4. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
5. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rat's character.
2. Why does Rat call Mole a "dull-witted animal?"
3. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
4. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
5. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
6. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
7. What decision do the animals come to regarding Toad's new hobby?
8. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
9. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
10. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 2
What theme recurs in Toad's adventures? Write an essay describing how Toad's adventures relate to his major character traits.
Essay Topic 3
Toad is one of the most enjoyable characters in literature. Write an essay comparing Toad to another character that you enjoy from another book.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)