|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Badger say when he comes in?
2. How many motorcars have been smashed up so far?
3. Who did Mole and Rat do their exploring with?
4. What does Toad do while his friends are working?
5. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
2. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
3. How is it that Mr. Badger has such a large home?
4. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
5. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
6. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
7. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
8. How does Toad escape from his room?
9. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
10. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring the river as a symbol in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Toad is one of the most enjoyable characters in literature. Write an essay comparing Toad to another character that you enjoy from another book.
Essay Topic 3
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)