|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mole's house?
2. Who goes to the village for supplies?
3. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
4. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
5. Where is Rat when Mole goes into the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Toad.
2. How does Toad escape from his room?
3. Why does Badger show up?
4. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
5. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
6. How is it that Mr. Badger has such a large home?
7. Describe Rat's character.
8. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
9. Why isn't Toad unhappy when the expedition ends?
10. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, Mr. Toad, Badger, Rat, and Mole attempt to save Toad from his own behavior. Write about this event and its outcome. Were the friends right to interfere? Would the outcome have been different if they had simply let Toad indulge his obsession? Support your opinion with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
How are the real characteristics of the animals portrayed in this story similar to their human-like characters? Write a paper comparing one of the major characters to his real-life animal.
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)