|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Badger, used to be where the Wild Woods is now?
2. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
3. What do Rat and Mole find when they dig?
4. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
5. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
2. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
3. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
4. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
5. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
6. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
7. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
8. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
9. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
10. What decision do the animals come to regarding Toad's new hobby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing Kenneth Grahame's use of language to a more modern writer. How are they different? Which one is more interesting or satisfying for the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
Essay Topic 3
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)