|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rat prepare for their supper?
2. What animals do Rat and Mole see in the village?
3. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
4. Which of the animals feels uncomfortable in Badger's house?
5. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
2. What decision do the animals come to regarding Toad's new hobby?
3. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
4. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
5. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
6. Why does Badger show up?
7. How is it that Mr. Badger has such a large home?
8. Why does Rat call Mole a "dull-witted animal?"
9. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
10. Describe Mole's character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
Essay Topic 2
How does Mr. Badger's house reflect his character? Use details from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)