|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
2. How do the animals get back to their homes?
3. What mode of transportation does Rat use?
4. What new hobby does Toad take up by the end of the chapter?
5. What happens when Mole goes into the Wild Woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision do the animals come to regarding Toad's new hobby?
2. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
3. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
4. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
5. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
6. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
7. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
8. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
9. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
10. Why does Badger show up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, Mr. Toad, Badger, Rat, and Mole attempt to save Toad from his own behavior. Write about this event and its outcome. Were the friends right to interfere? Would the outcome have been different if they had simply let Toad indulge his obsession? Support your opinion with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What was the main cause of Toad's reformation? Was it regard for his friends, or his experiences. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)