|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rat suggest doing after the accident?
2. How, according to Rat, should small animals always travel in the Wild Woods?
3. Which of these animals is NOT called "unsavory" by Rat?
4. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
5. What, according to Badger, used to be where the Wild Woods is now?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toad escape from his room?
2. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
3. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
4. Describe Rat's character.
5. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
6. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
7. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
8. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
9. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
10. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
Essay Topic 1
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
Essay Topic 2
How are the real characteristics of the animals portrayed in this story similar to their human-like characters? Write a paper comparing one of the major characters to his real-life animal.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay comparing Kenneth Grahame's use of language to a more modern writer. How are they different? Which one is more interesting or satisfying for the reader?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)