|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The entrance to Mole's home is:
2. What did Badger learn this morning?
3. One of the carolers is carrying:
4. What do Mole and Badger do after luncheon?
5. What color is Rat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
2. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
3. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
4. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
5. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
6. Why does Badger show up?
7. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
8. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
9. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
10. What decision do the animals come to regarding Toad's new hobby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
Essay Topic 2
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)