|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rat prepare for their supper?
2. How do the animals get back to their homes?
3. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
4. What does Mole fall in love with "at first sight?"
5. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it that Rat feels safe going through the village?
2. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
3. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
4. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
5. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
6. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
7. Why does Mole start crying?
8. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
9. Describe Rat's character.
10. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
Essay Topic 2
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring the river as a symbol in this book.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)