|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the animals discuss?
2. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
3. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
4. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
5. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
2. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
3. Describe Rat's character.
4. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
5. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
6. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
7. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
8. Why isn't Toad unhappy when the expedition ends?
9. Why does Badger show up?
10. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, Mr. Toad, Badger, Rat, and Mole attempt to save Toad from his own behavior. Write about this event and its outcome. Were the friends right to interfere? Would the outcome have been different if they had simply let Toad indulge his obsession? Support your opinion with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)