Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
2. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
3. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
4. What is Toad's favorite color?
5. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
2. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
3. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
4. Who finds Portly and where?
5. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
6. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
7. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
8. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
9. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
10. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the Wild Woods in this story? Track the mentions of the Wild Woods in the book and describe its meaning and importance to the themes of adventure and comfort.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the importance of the seasons to the story in A Wind in the Willows. What happens during each season? What events happen because of the season?
Essay Topic 3
Toad is one of the most enjoyable characters in literature. Write an essay comparing Toad to another character that you enjoy from another book.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)