|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mole want to turn back?
2. What offer does Mole make to Rat?
3. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
4. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
5. Where are the animals when they come out of Badger's tunnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
2. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
3. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
4. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
5. Describe Mole's character.
6. Why does Badger show up?
7. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
8. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
9. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
10. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What is the function of the Sea Rat in this story? Write an essay describing his character and relationship to the theme of adventure vs. home.
Essay Topic 3
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)