|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Badger "busy" doing in his study?
2. Where does Mole live?
3. How many motorcars have been smashed up so far?
4. Why does Mole want to turn back?
5. What does Toad ask Rat to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rat's character.
2. Describe Mole's character.
3. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
4. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
5. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
6. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
7. Why is it that Rat feels safe going through the village?
8. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
9. How does Mole get across the river?
10. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the function of the Sea Rat in this story? Write an essay describing his character and relationship to the theme of adventure vs. home.
Essay Topic 2
How does Mr. Badger's house reflect his character? Use details from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the importance of the seasons to the story in A Wind in the Willows. What happens during each season? What events happen because of the season?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)