Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
2. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
3. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
4. What is Toad's favorite color?
5. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
2. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
3. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
4. Who finds Portly and where?
5. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
6. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
7. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
8. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
9. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
10. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
Essay Topic 1
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way that the author uses the senses to bring the story to life. Use quotations from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)