|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
2. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
3. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
4. What is Toad's favorite color?
5. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
2. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
3. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
4. Who finds Portly and where?
5. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
6. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
7. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
8. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
9. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
10. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, Mr. Toad, Badger, Rat, and Mole attempt to save Toad from his own behavior. Write about this event and its outcome. Were the friends right to interfere? Would the outcome have been different if they had simply let Toad indulge his obsession? Support your opinion with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How important is music to the events in this book? Write an essay describing the uses of music and song in the book and how it contributes to the reader's experience.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in this is the conflict between adventure and home. Explore this conflict as it appears in his book.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)