|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toad ask Rat to do for him?
2. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
3. How does Rat describe Toad?
4. Who do the animals discuss?
5. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
2. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
3. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
4. Why does Mole start crying?
5. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
6. Why isn't Toad unhappy when the expedition ends?
7. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
8. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
9. How does Toad escape from his room?
10. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the Wild Woods in this story? Track the mentions of the Wild Woods in the book and describe its meaning and importance to the themes of adventure and comfort.
Essay Topic 2
How does Mr. Badger's house reflect his character? Use details from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the character of Mole in this story. What purpose does he serve in the book? How would you describe him? What makes him unique as a character?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)