|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mole want to turn back?
2. Who does Mole ask Rat to introduce him to?
3. Which of these was NOT found in Mole's courtyard?
4. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
5. Which animal in the Wild Wood does Rat like the best?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
2. How does Mole get across the river?
3. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
4. How is it that Mr. Badger has such a large home?
5. Describe Mole's character.
6. Describe Rat's character.
7. Why isn't Toad unhappy when the expedition ends?
8. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
9. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
10. Why does Badger show up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What theme recurs in Toad's adventures? Write an essay describing how Toad's adventures relate to his major character traits.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the Wild Woods in this story? Track the mentions of the Wild Woods in the book and describe its meaning and importance to the themes of adventure and comfort.
Essay Topic 3
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)