|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
2. Why doesn't Rat to go visit Badger?
3. What color is Rat?
4. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
5. Why is Rat unhappy on the expedition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did stoats and weasels invade Toad Hall?
2. Describe Toad.
3. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
4. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
5. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
6. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
7. How is it that Mr. Badger has such a large home?
8. How does Toad acquire a set of clothing to escape in?
9. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
10. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
Essay Topic 1
What is the function of the Sea Rat in this story? Write an essay describing his character and relationship to the theme of adventure vs. home.
Essay Topic 2
Toad is one of the most enjoyable characters in literature. Write an essay comparing Toad to another character that you enjoy from another book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the Wild Woods in this story? Track the mentions of the Wild Woods in the book and describe its meaning and importance to the themes of adventure and comfort.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)