|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
2. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
3. What does Badger do when Toad defies him?
4. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
5. Why is Rat unhappy on the expedition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rat's character.
2. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
3. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
4. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
5. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
6. Why does Mole start crying?
7. Why does Badger show up?
8. Why does Rat call Mole a "dull-witted animal?"
9. How does Toad escape from his room?
10. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do the different vehicles in this story relate to the theme of adventures? Write an essay to describe the relationship, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Toad is one of the most enjoyable characters in literature. Write an essay comparing Toad to another character that you enjoy from another book.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)