|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the field-mouse from reciting his part in the play?
2. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
3. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
4. Who gets the "dustiest job" in the expedition that Toad plans?
5. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
2. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
3. How does Mole get across the river?
4. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
5. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
6. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
7. What decision do the animals come to regarding Toad's new hobby?
8. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
9. How does Toad escape from his room?
10. Why does Badger show up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the function of the Sea Rat in this story? Write an essay describing his character and relationship to the theme of adventure vs. home.
Essay Topic 2
How does Mr. Badger's house reflect his character? Use details from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 6, Mr. Toad, Badger, Rat, and Mole attempt to save Toad from his own behavior. Write about this event and its outcome. Were the friends right to interfere? Would the outcome have been different if they had simply let Toad indulge his obsession? Support your opinion with examples from the text.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)