|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Badger "busy" doing in his study?
2. What keeps the field-mouse from reciting his part in the play?
3. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
4. What are Rat and Mole doing when Badger knocks at their door?
5. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
2. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
3. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
4. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
5. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
6. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
7. Describe Toad.
8. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
9. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
10. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main cause of Toad's reformation? Was it regard for his friends, or his experiences. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What theme recurs in Toad's adventures? Write an essay describing how Toad's adventures relate to his major character traits.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the character of Mole in this story. What purpose does he serve in the book? How would you describe him? What makes him unique as a character?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)