|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
2. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
3. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
4. Who did Mole and Rat do their exploring with?
5. What does Badger do when he shows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rat's character.
2. Describe Mole's character.
3. How is it that Mr. Badger has such a large home?
4. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
5. How does Mole get across the river?
6. How does Toad escape from his room?
7. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
8. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
9. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
10. Describe Toad.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kenneth Grahame use characters that animals with human characteristics? Answer this question in an essay. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Rat and Mole have a wonderful friendship. Write an essay comparing their friendship to other friends in history or literature.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring the river as a symbol in this book.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)