|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
2. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
3. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
4. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
5. How many years in jail is Toad sentenced to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
2. Describe Toad.
3. Why does Badger show up?
4. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
5. Why does Rat call Mole a "dull-witted animal?"
6. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
7. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
8. Describe Rat's character.
9. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
10. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the character of Mole in this story. What purpose does he serve in the book? How would you describe him? What makes him unique as a character?
Essay Topic 2
Did Toad deserve the terrible experience of being in prison? Explain why or why not. Use your own knowledge and details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Research the author's biography. What experiences or people might have inspire Kenneth Grahame to write A Wind in the Willows?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)