|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brushes Toad on the shoulder?
(a) A pigeon's feather
(b) A magpie's tail
(c) An owl's wing
(d) A bat's wing
2. What season is this chapter set in?
3. Toad is in prison for stealing which of the following?
(a) A motorcycle
(b) A motorboat
(c) A motorcar
(d) A motorbus
4. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A weather warning
(b) A coming storm
(c) A disturbance
(d) A disappearance
5. Who chases after the train with Toad in it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
2. Where are the weasels planning to hold their banquet?
3. Where does Toad's disguise come from?
4. Who does Toad trade the horse to?
5. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
2. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
3. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
4. Why did stoats and weasels invade Toad Hall?
5. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
6. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
7. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
8. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
9. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
10. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)