|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the animals brings up the rear?
2. How long do Mole and Rat row when looking for Otter's son?
(a) Ten hours
(b) Two days
(c) All week
(d) All night
3. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) It was where he learned to swim.
(b) It's a good place to hide away.
(c) He likes the plants there.
(d) His best friend lives there.
4. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
(a) Cheese cake
(b) Cold cuts
(c) Stale cake
(d) Cold pie
5. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
(a) Drive the motorcar
(b) Take off his bonnet
(c) Sing his verses
(d) Sit on their laps
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
2. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
3. The visitor is from what country?
4. Rat doesn't know why he feels:
5. Which danger on the river does Rat specifically mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
2. Why was Otter so worried about his son?
3. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
4. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
5. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
6. Who finds Portly and where?
7. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
8. How does Toad get a ride on the train?
9. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
10. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)