|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is this chapter set in?
2. The wayfarer drank wine in:
3. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
(a) Fix lunch
(b) Wash clothes
(c) Steer the barge
(d) Feed the horse
4. In the "cutting-out expedition," who is in charge of acquiring equipment?
5. What does Mole suggest Rat do to feel better?
(a) Hum a tune
(b) Strum a guitar
(c) Read letters
(d) Write poetry
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mole disguise himself as in order to spy on the stoats?
2. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
3. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
4. Toad promises the engine-driver to:
5. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
2. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
3. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
4. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
5. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
6. How does Toad acquire a set of clothing to escape in?
7. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
8. Who finds Portly and where?
9. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
10. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)