|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Toad trade the horse to?
(a) A tradesman
(b) A stranger
(c) A gypsy
(d) A farmer
2. Who defended Toad Hall?
(a) Mole and Badger
(b) Rat and Badger
(c) Otter and Mole
(d) Badger and Otter
3. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
(a) The well
(b) The canal
(c) The river
(d) The pond
4. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
(a) Cheese cake
(b) Stale cake
(c) Cold pie
(d) Cold cuts
5. Toad promises to:
(a) Mend his ways
(b) Mend his shirt
(c) Make some soup
(d) Mind the house
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Toad get for the horse?
2. Where does Toad hide himself?
3. Toad sees a horse. What is the horse pulling?
4. Who stops by to visit with Rat?
5. What does Mole suggest Rat do to feel better?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toad acquire a set of clothing to escape in?
2. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
3. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
4. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
5. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
6. Who finds Portly and where?
7. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
8. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
9. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
10. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)