|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots at Toad?
(a) A sentry
(b) A soldier
(c) A gypsy
(d) A sheriff
2. Where is Otter watching for his son while Mole and Rat search?
(a) At his home
(b) At the weir
(c) At the ford
(d) At a willow bank
3. Toad is in prison for stealing which of the following?
(a) A motorbus
(b) A motorcar
(c) A motorboat
(d) A motorcycle
4. In the "cutting-out expedition," who is in charge of acquiring equipment?
5. Where are the weasels planning to hold their banquet?
(a) The Great Hallway
(b) The Dining Hall
(c) The Grand Lobby
(d) The Ballroom
Short Answer Questions
1. Which article of clothing does Toad lose?
2. Which of the following did Mole and Rat visit in their quest?
3. Who has taken over Toad Hall?
4. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
5. What is the name of Otter's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
2. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
3. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
4. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
5. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
6. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
7. In what ways are Water Rat and Sea Rat different?
8. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
9. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
10. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)