|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the animals brings up the rear?
2. What are the field mice doing?
3. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A weather warning
(b) A disturbance
(c) A coming storm
(d) A disappearance
4. Before meeting Toad, the gaoler's daughter kept:
(a) A canary, a rabbit, and mice
(b) A rat, a canary and a rabbit
(c) A canary, mice, and a squirrel
(d) Mice, a squirrel, and a parrot
5. What is the Otter child doing when Mole and Rat find him?
(a) Sleeping peacefully
(b) Crying for help
(c) Looking for food
(d) Shaking with cold
Short Answer Questions
1. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
2. What does Toad sing about after breakfast?
3. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
4. Toad sees a horse. What is the horse pulling?
5. Which article of clothing does Toad lose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
2. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
3. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
4. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
5. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
6. What does Toad do when he's alone in his room?
7. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
8. How does Water Rat know that fall is coming?
9. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
10. How does Toad behave when he rejoins the party?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)