|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which article of clothing does Toad lose?
(a) His jacket
(b) His trousers
(c) His waistcoat
(d) His backpack
2. What does Badger tell Toad he must do?
(a) Sell the house
(b) Hold a banquet
(c) Hire some servants
(d) Take up boating
3. The visitor is from what country?
4. Which of the animals brings up the rear?
5. What is the Otter child doing when Mole and Rat find him?
(a) Shaking with cold
(b) Crying for help
(c) Looking for food
(d) Sleeping peacefully
Short Answer Questions
1. Rat wants Toad to keep out of:
2. The wayfarer drank wine in:
3. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
4. Which danger on the river does Rat specifically mention?
5. Who chases after the train with Toad in it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
2. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
3. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
4. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
5. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
6. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
7. Why does Toad collapse in the middle of the road?
8. Why did stoats and weasels invade Toad Hall?
9. How is Portly persuaded to return home?
10. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)