|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toad ask Rat to do for him?
(a) Bring him a cup of hot tea
(b) Fetch a doctor and a lawyer
(c) Let him take a walk outside
(d) Make him an egg sandwich
2. What does Rat bring with him when he meets Mole?
(a) A welcoming gift
(b) A bag full of books
(c) A picnic basket
(d) A fiddle in a case
3. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
(a) The bird
4. The entrance to Mole's home is:
(a) A red door
(b) A wooden porch
(c) A small bridge
(d) A tunnel
5. Toad has fits in which he:
(a) Threatens his friends with lawsuits
(b) Begs his friends to let him drive
(c) Pretends that his chairs are a motorcar
(d) Hops around the bedroom, screaming
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
2. Badger's home has many:
3. What is Badger "busy" doing in his study?
4. Who gets the "dustiest job" in the expedition that Toad plans?
5. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
2. Why is it that Rat feels safe going through the village?
3. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
4. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
5. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
6. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
7. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
8. How does Mole get across the river?
9. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
10. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)