|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Badger do when he shows up?
(a) Leaves immediately after seeing Mole
(b) Tells a long story about the Wild Wood
(c) Eats up all the ham sandwiches
(d) Drinks a cup of tea, then leaves
2. Where does Rat live?
(a) In the grassy meadow
(b) Under an oak tree
(c) In the river bank
(d) By a hedgerow
3. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
(a) Being fond of Stilton cheese
(b) Staying at home all the time
(c) Spending his time on the river
(d) Having fur all over his body
4. What keeps the field-mouse from reciting his part in the play?
(a) The lights go out
(b) It starts snowing
(c) He's too hungry
(d) Stage fright
5. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
2. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
3. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
4. How do the animals get back to their homes?
5. Who do the animals discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
2. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
3. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
4. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
5. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
6. Why is it that Rat feels safe going through the village?
7. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
8. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
9. How does Mole get across the river?
10. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)