|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Badger "busy" doing in his study?
(a) Playing music
(d) Playing chess
2. What does Rat suggest doing after the accident?
(a) Getting in touch with the insurance agent
(b) Lodging a complaint with the police
(c) Demanding an apology from the driver
(d) Suing the driver for damages to the wagon
3. Rat compliments Mole's home for being:
(a) Very warm
4. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
(a) He remembers Mole talking about the woods
(b) He hears about it from a bird who saw Mole
(c) He sees Mole's footprints leading into the woods
(d) He reads a note Mole left behind on the table
5. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
(a) Apple pancakes
(b) Eggs and bacon
(c) Oatmeal porridge
(d) Buttered toast
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets the "dustiest job" in the expedition that Toad plans?
2. What does Mole compare the river to?
3. Where did Mole cut himself?
4. Which of the animals feels uncomfortable in Badger's house?
5. Where were the hedgehogs going when they got lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
2. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
3. How does Mole get across the river?
4. Describe Toad.
5. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
6. Why is it that Rat feels safe going through the village?
7. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
8. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
9. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
10. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)