|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mole compare the river to?
(a) A banquet for the senses
(b) A long, chattering snake
(c) A friendly child on a sunny day
(d) A storyteller telling secrets
2. What do Rat and Mole find when they dig?
(a) A sledge
(b) A table
(c) A door
(d) A trap
3. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
4. What does Rat suggest doing after the accident?
(a) Lodging a complaint with the police
(b) Demanding an apology from the driver
(c) Getting in touch with the insurance agent
(d) Suing the driver for damages to the wagon
5. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
(a) He remembers Mole talking about the woods
(b) He sees Mole's footprints leading into the woods
(c) He reads a note Mole left behind on the table
(d) He hears about it from a bird who saw Mole
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
2. What does Rat bring with him when he meets Mole?
3. What does Rat decide that Mole cut himself on?
4. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
5. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
2. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
3. How does Toad escape from his room?
4. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
5. Why does Mole start crying?
6. How does Mole get across the river?
7. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
8. Why isn't Toad unhappy when the expedition ends?
9. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
10. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)