|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
(a) Staying at home all the time
(b) Spending his time on the river
(c) Having fur all over his body
(d) Being fond of Stilton cheese
2. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
(a) Behind a clump of tall grass
(b) Underneath a blackberry bush
(c) In the hollow of a beech tree
(d) He climbs up into an oak tree
3. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
4. What animals do Rat and Mole see in the village?
(a) A dog and a horse
(b) A cat and a bird
(c) A family of mice
(d) A pair of raccoons
5. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
(a) Spiced tea
(b) Hot cocoa
(c) Mulled ale
(d) Apple cider
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
2. What does Badger decide they should do when Toad escapes?
3. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
4. Toad appears wearing an overcoat, cap, gaiters, and:
5. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rat's character.
2. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
3. How does Mole get across the river?
4. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
5. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
6. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
7. Why does Badger show up?
8. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
9. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
10. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)