|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the carol, who were the first to "cry NOWELL?"
(a) The angels in the heavens
(b) The animals in the stable
(c) The shepherds in the field
(d) The people in the village
2. What does Mole fall in love with "at first sight?"
(a) Toad's lovely house
(b) Toad's blue sailboat
(c) Toad's yellow wagon
(d) Toad's new motorcar
3. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
(a) Rat is tired
(b) Rat gets lost
(c) Mole is tired
(d) They get hungry
4. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
(a) Carpet slippers
(b) Sheepskin slippers
(c) Leather loafers
(d) Heavy leather boots
5. What has Mole never seen before this day?
(b) A river
(c) The sun
(d) A meadow
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Toad, is the sound of a motorcar horn?
2. Toad appears wearing an overcoat, cap, gaiters, and:
3. The first thing Rat and Mole do in the house is:
4. Where does Mole sleep that night?
5. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
2. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
3. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
4. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
5. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
6. How is it that Mr. Badger has such a large home?
7. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
8. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
9. How does Mole get across the river?
10. Why does Mole start crying?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)