|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
(a) The Pink Pig
(b) The Red Lion
(c) The Black Swan
(d) The Grey Goose
2. What do Rat and Mole find when they dig?
(a) A table
(b) A door
(c) A sledge
(d) A trap
3. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
(a) They get hungry
(b) Rat gets lost
(c) Rat is tired
(d) Mole is tired
4. Which of these is one of Rat's hobbies?
(a) Baking cookies
(b) Traveling in wagons
(c) Writing poetry
(d) Painting pictures
5. What is Mole doing when the chapter starts?
(a) Doing his weekly baking
(b) Spring-cleaning his home
(c) Planting his garden
(d) Polishing his silver
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
2. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
3. What does Toad ask Rat to do for him?
4. What do Mole and Badger do after luncheon?
5. What happens when Mole rows the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Toad acquire a set of clothing to escape in?
2. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
3. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
4. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
5. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
6. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
7. Why does Rat call Mole a "dull-witted animal?"
8. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
9. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
10. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)