|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to the village for supplies?
(a) The grey horse
2. Where does Mole sleep that night?
(a) In a bunk bed
(b) On a sheepskin rug
(c) In a feather bed
(d) On the couch
3. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
(a) Into the meadow to visit friends
(b) Down the river for a picnic
(c) Into town to buy supplies
(d) Up the river to explore
4. How many years in jail is Toad sentenced to?
5. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
(a) Calling the police
(b) Offering to buy the motorcar
(c) Talking sternly to him
(d) Locking him in his room
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the carol repeat several times?
2. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
3. What animals do Rat and Mole see in the village?
4. The first thing Rat and Mole do in the house is:
5. How, according to Rat, should small animals always travel in the Wild Woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
2. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
3. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
4. How does Mole get across the river?
5. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
6. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
7. What event causes Toad to commit a crime?
8. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
9. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
10. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)