|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) A shepherd's crook
(b) A lantern
(c) Sugar cookies
(d) Silver bells
2. What else is Badger wearing?
(a) An old woolen sweater
(b) A long dressing-gown
(c) A tattered nightshirt
(d) Black silk pajamas
3. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
(a) His friend, Mr. Otter
(b) A big luncheon basket
(c) A first-aid kit
(d) A big stick and pistols
4. What does Toad refuse to promise?
(a) That he'll drive at a safe speed
(b) That he'll give up motorcars
(c) That he'll let the chauffer drive
(d) That he'll get insurance
5. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Toad, is the sound of a motorcar horn?
2. Toad has fits in which he:
3. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
4. What does the phrase "make the acquaintance of" mean?
5. What is Mole doing when the chapter starts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mole start crying?
2. How does Toad escape from his room?
3. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
4. Why does Rat call Mole a "dull-witted animal?"
5. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
6. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
7. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
8. Why does Badger show up?
9. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
10. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)