|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Rat
(b) Mr. Mole
(c) Mr. Otter
(d) Mr. Toad
2. Which of these animals is NOT called "unsavory" by Rat?
3. Who did Mole and Rat do their exploring with?
4. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
(a) Mr. Toad has changed his mind
(b) Mr. Toad is busy right now
(c) Mr. Toad wants a different car
(d) Mr. Toad needs a long vacation
5. According to the carol, who were the first to "cry NOWELL?"
(a) The angels in the heavens
(b) The people in the village
(c) The animals in the stable
(d) The shepherds in the field
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
2. What does the phrase "make the acquaintance of" mean?
3. Where are the animals when they come out of Badger's tunnel?
4. What does Rat do after luncheon?
5. Who goes to the village for supplies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
2. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
3. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
4. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
5. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
6. Why does Mole start crying?
7. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
8. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
9. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
10. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)