|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
(a) Oatmeal porridge
(b) Apple pancakes
(c) Eggs and bacon
(d) Buttered toast
2. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
3. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
(a) Mole is tired
(b) They get hungry
(c) Rat gets lost
(d) Rat is tired
4. What does Rat decide that Mole cut himself on?
(a) A rusty old knife
(b) Some broken glass
(c) A hidden bramble
(d) A piece of metal
5. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rat do after luncheon?
2. What happens while they are stopped?
3. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
4. What does Toad refuse to promise?
5. What do Rat and Mole find when they dig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
2. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
3. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
4. Why does Badger show up?
5. Describe Mole's character.
6. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
7. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
8. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
9. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
10. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)