|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) A lantern
(b) Sugar cookies
(c) Silver bells
(d) A shepherd's crook
2. What does Rat bring with him when he meets Mole?
(a) A fiddle in a case
(b) A bag full of books
(c) A welcoming gift
(d) A picnic basket
3. What is Toad's intention when he leaves the inn?
(a) To head back to Toad Hall
(b) To leave before trouble starts
(c) Just to look at the motorcar
(d) To try and steal the motorcar
4. Where were the hedgehogs going when they got lost?
(a) To the store
(b) To the river
(c) To school
(d) To visit friends
5. What else is Badger wearing?
(a) An old woolen sweater
(b) A tattered nightshirt
(c) Black silk pajamas
(d) A long dressing-gown
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at Mr. Badger's door during breakfast?
2. What season is it when this chapter starts?
3. Which of the animals feels uncomfortable in Badger's house?
4. What does the phrase "make the acquaintance of" mean?
5. What, according to Badger, used to be where the Wild Woods is now?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
2. Why does Mole start crying?
3. Why is it that Rat feels safe going through the village?
4. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
5. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
6. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
7. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
8. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
9. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
10. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)