|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
(a) Into town to buy supplies
(b) Into the meadow to visit friends
(c) Up the river to explore
(d) Down the river for a picnic
2. What name was on the brass plate they uncovered?
(a) Mr. Toad
(b) Mr. Weasel
(c) Mr. Rabbit
(d) Mr. Badger
3. Who goes to the village for supplies?
(a) The grey horse
4. What does Badger say when he comes in?
(a) Get off your duffs.
(b) It's Toad time!
(c) The hour has come!
(d) Come follow me right now.
5. What sound frightens Mole in the woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rat decide that Mole cut himself on?
2. What did Badger learn this morning?
3. Who is the first animal that shows up during the picnic?
4. Who do the animals discuss?
5. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ends Toad's adventure in this chapter?
2. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
3. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
4. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
5. Describe Mole's character.
6. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
7. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
8. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
9. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
10. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)