|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Rat to find Mole?
(a) Over an hour
(b) Nearly all day
(c) Six hours
(d) Fifteen minutes
2. Where is Rat when Mole goes into the woods?
(b) In town
3. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
(a) Oatmeal porridge
(b) Eggs and bacon
(c) Buttered toast
(d) Apple pancakes
4. Toad has fits in which he:
(a) Threatens his friends with lawsuits
(b) Hops around the bedroom, screaming
(c) Pretends that his chairs are a motorcar
(d) Begs his friends to let him drive
5. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
(a) Down the river for a picnic
(b) Up the river to explore
(c) Into the meadow to visit friends
(d) Into town to buy supplies
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound frightens Mole in the woods?
2. What does Mole fall in love with "at first sight?"
3. What does Rat do after luncheon?
4. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
5. What animals do Rat and Mole see in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
2. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
3. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
4. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
5. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
6. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
7. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
8. Why does Mole start crying?
9. Describe Rat's character.
10. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)