|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toad do while his friends are working?
2. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
3. What is Mole doing when the chapter starts?
(a) Polishing his silver
(b) Doing his weekly baking
(c) Spring-cleaning his home
(d) Planting his garden
4. What is Badger "busy" doing in his study?
(b) Playing music
(c) Playing chess
5. What does Rat decide that Mole cut himself on?
(a) A piece of metal
(b) Some broken glass
(c) A hidden bramble
(d) A rusty old knife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the phrase "make the acquaintance of" mean?
2. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
3. What are Rat and Mole doing when Badger knocks at their door?
4. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
5. What name was on the brass plate they uncovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
2. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
3. What does Toad find especially difficult about escaping from prison?
4. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
5. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
6. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
7. Why does Badger threaten to leave Toad out of the attack on Toad Hall?
8. What bargain does Toad make with the gypsy?
9. How did Mole and Badger show loyalty to Toad?
10. Why is Badger so slow and a Mole so lively?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)