|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mole ask Rat to introduce him to?
(d) The ducks
2. Where does Rat live?
(a) Under an oak tree
(b) By a hedgerow
(c) In the grassy meadow
(d) In the river bank
3. Who goes to the village for supplies?
(b) The grey horse
4. Besides the beds, what is in the bedroom that Rat and Mole sleep in?
(a) Two young hedgehogs
(b) Badger's winter stores
(c) Stacks of books
(d) Several rolled-up carpets
5. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
(a) Several woolen blankets
(b) A large basket of food
(c) A horse-drawn sledge
(d) His entire family
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
2. What are Rat and Mole doing when Badger knocks at their door?
3. What is Toad's favorite color?
4. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
5. Who shows up at Mr. Badger's door during breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
2. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
3. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
4. What does Rat do when he discovers that Mole is missing?
5. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
6. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
7. How does Toad escape from his room?
8. Why does Rat call Mole a "dull-witted animal?"
9. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
10. What does Mole decide by the end of the chapter?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)