|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
(a) His clear speaking voice
(b) His knowledge of the world
(c) His excellent manners
(d) His black velvet smoking jacket
2. What happens while they are stopped?
(a) Badger shows up
(b) Rat runs off
(c) The snow falls
(d) Wild animals attack
3. How does Rat describe Toad?
(a) Afraid of his own shadow
(b) Boastful and conceited
(c) Very tight with his money
(d) Modest and hardworking
4. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Toad
(b) Mr. Otter
(c) Mr. Rat
(d) Mr. Mole
5. What does Rat bring with him when he meets Mole?
(a) A bag full of books
(b) A welcoming gift
(c) A fiddle in a case
(d) A picnic basket
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toad do while his friends are working?
2. What does Rat suggest doing after the accident?
3. What did Badger learn this morning?
4. What does Badger do when Toad defies him?
5. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that the plan to sneak into Toad Hall will succeed? What might go wrong?
2. Would Water Rat have liked a life at sea?
3. Who finds Portly and where?
4. What do Badger and the others hear the weasels doing as they approach?
5. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
6. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
7. How does the barge woman know that Toad is a fake?
8. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
9. Why did Sea Rat leave his farm?
10. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)