|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps the field-mouse from reciting his part in the play?
(a) The lights go out
(b) It starts snowing
(c) Stage fright
(d) He's too hungry
2. What does Toad do while his friends are working?
3. How do the animals get back to their homes?
(a) They take a train
(b) They hire a motorcar
(c) They walk all the way
(d) They hitch a ride
4. What color is Rat?
5. Where did Mole cut himself?
(a) On his arm
(b) On his face
(c) On his shoulder
(d) On his leg
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at Mr. Badger's door during breakfast?
2. What sound frightens Mole in the woods?
3. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
4. What, according to Toad, is the sound of a motorcar horn?
5. Who is the first animal that shows up during the picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
2. What does Badger persuade Toad to do?
3. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
4. Describe Toad.
5. What decision do the animals come to regarding Toad's new hobby?
6. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
7. How does Toad escape from his room?
8. Why does Badger show up?
9. Describe Rat's character.
10. Why is it that Rat feels safe going through the village?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)