|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mole's house?
(a) Mole's Hole
(b) The Molery
(c) Mole End
(d) The Burrow
2. What mode of transportation does Rat use?
(a) He rides a bicycle with red wheels
(b) He has a carriage in his stable
(c) He has a tiny blue and white boat
(d) He uses a big, shiny green motorcar
3. Which of these was NOT found in Mole's courtyard?
(a) Wire baskets
(c) An apple tree
4. Who is the first animal that shows up during the picnic?
5. How, according to Rat, should small animals always travel in the Wild Woods?
(a) With a stick
(b) By flying
(c) By car
(d) In pairs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Badger say when he comes in?
2. Where were the hedgehogs going when they got lost?
3. What lies beyond the Wild Wood?
4. Toad appears wearing an overcoat, cap, gaiters, and:
5. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Rat calls the "tricks of the forest?"
2. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
3. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
4. How does Badger take care of the hedgehogs?
5. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
6. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
7. Why isn't Toad unhappy when the expedition ends?
8. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
9. How does Mr. Badger react to finding Rat and Mole on his doorstep?
10. Why is it unusual for Badger to visit Rat and Mole?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)