|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mole goes into the Wild Woods?
(a) He falls down a deep hole
(b) He gets lost in the woods
(c) Somebody starts a forest fire
(d) It starts to snow very hard
2. Where does Rat live?
(a) In the grassy meadow
(b) In the river bank
(c) Under an oak tree
(d) By a hedgerow
3. What keeps the field-mouse from reciting his part in the play?
(a) It starts snowing
(b) Stage fright
(c) He's too hungry
(d) The lights go out
4. How does Rat describe Toad?
(a) Boastful and conceited
(b) Afraid of his own shadow
(c) Very tight with his money
(d) Modest and hardworking
5. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
(a) Into town to buy supplies
(b) Into the meadow to visit friends
(c) Up the river to explore
(d) Down the river for a picnic
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
2. Why does Mole want to turn back?
3. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
4. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
5. What sound frightens Mole in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rat and Mole spend the day doing?
2. Why does Rat give money to one of the field mice?
3. How does Toad escape from his room?
4. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
5. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
6. Describe Mole's character.
7. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
8. How does Mole get across the river?
9. Why isn't Toad unhappy when the expedition ends?
10. What decision do the animals come to regarding Toad's new hobby?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)