|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Toad, is the sound of a motorcar horn?
2. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
3. Where were the hedgehogs going when they got lost?
(a) To the store
(b) To visit friends
(c) To the river
(d) To school
4. What does Badger say when he comes in?
(a) It's Toad time!
(b) The hour has come!
(c) Get off your duffs.
(d) Come follow me right now.
5. Where does Mole sleep that night?
(a) On a sheepskin rug
(b) In a feather bed
(c) On the couch
(d) In a bunk bed
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these was NOT found in Mole's courtyard?
2. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
3. How does Rat describe Toad?
4. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
5. What name was on the brass plate they uncovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the snowfall such a setback for Mole and Rat?
2. Why does Mole go into the woods by himself?
3. From the horse's point of view, is he better or worse in his new situation?
4. Why wasn't Rat home when Mole got back to their house?
5. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
6. Why is the gaoler's daughter taking care of Toad?
7. What does Mr. Toad invite Mole and Rat to do?
8. Why is Mole so eager to meet Badger?
9. What effect does it have on Rat and Mole when they see the humans enjoying their homes?
10. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)