|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Rat use?
(a) He rides a bicycle with red wheels
(b) He has a tiny blue and white boat
(c) He uses a big, shiny green motorcar
(d) He has a carriage in his stable
2. What does the phrase "make the acquaintance of" mean?
(a) Make fun of someone
(b) Meet a new person
(c) Sell something to
(d) Draw a picture of
3. What happens while they are stopped?
(a) The snow falls
(b) Wild animals attack
(c) Rat runs off
(d) Badger shows up
4. How does Rat describe Toad?
(a) Modest and hardworking
(b) Very tight with his money
(c) Afraid of his own shadow
(d) Boastful and conceited
5. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
(a) The Pink Pig
(b) The Red Lion
(c) The Black Swan
(d) The Grey Goose
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at Mr. Badger's door during breakfast?
2. What are Rat and Mole doing when Badger knocks at their door?
3. What else is Badger wearing?
4. Rat compliments Mole's home for being:
5. Toad appears wearing an overcoat, cap, gaiters, and:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Toad unhappy when the expedition ends?
2. What were the crimes that Toad committed, according to the court?
3. What does Rat tell Mole about Toad Hall?
4. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
5. Describe Rat's character.
6. Why is Rat eager to leave Badger's house?
7. Why does Rat call Mole a "dull-witted animal?"
8. Describe Toad.
9. What realization does Mole make at the end of this chapter?
10. Why is it that Rat feels safe going through the village?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)