|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toad sing about after breakfast?
(a) His sweetheart
(b) The horse
(d) His friends
2. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) It's a good place to hide away.
(b) He likes the plants there.
(c) His best friend lives there.
(d) It was where he learned to swim.
3. Where are the swallows headed?
4. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
(a) The front hall
(b) The ballroom
(c) The butler's pantry
(d) The kitchen
5. Where is the Grand Canal?
6. What is the Otter child doing when Mole and Rat find him?
(a) Shaking with cold
(b) Crying for help
(c) Looking for food
(d) Sleeping peacefully
7. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
(a) The next town
(b) Rat's house
(c) Toad Hall
(d) The woods
8. After their adventure Rat and Mole are:
9. Which article of clothing does Toad lose?
(a) His waistcoat
(b) His backpack
(c) His jacket
(d) His trousers
10. How long do Mole and Rat row when looking for Otter's son?
(a) Ten hours
(b) All night
(c) Two days
(d) All week
11. Rat wants Toad to keep out of:
12. Toad sees a horse. What is the horse pulling?
(a) A car
(b) A cart
(c) A barge
(d) A wagon
13. What season is this chapter set in?
14. Badger tells them they can enter Toad Hall using which entrance?
(a) An underground passage
(b) An unlocked back door
(c) The brick chimney
(d) A broken window
15. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A weather warning
(b) A disturbance
(c) A coming storm
(d) A disappearance
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the animals brings up the rear?
2. What does Rat gather before the attack on Toad Hall?
3. Who has taken over Toad Hall?
4. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
5. What clues Mole into thinking that Toad is up to no good?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)