|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
(a) Painted on paper
(b) Bigger than normal
(c) Vividly colored
(d) Made of plastic
2. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A coming storm
(b) A disturbance
(c) A disappearance
(d) A weather warning
3. Where are the swallows headed?
4. Toad is in prison for stealing which of the following?
(a) A motorcycle
(b) A motorboat
(c) A motorbus
(d) A motorcar
5. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
6. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
(a) Feed the horse
(b) Steer the barge
(c) Wash clothes
(d) Fix lunch
7. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
(a) A straw hat
(b) A bonnet
(c) A head scarf
(d) A beanie
8. What does Mole disguise himself as in order to spy on the stoats?
(a) A washer-woman
(b) A uniformed cop
(c) A chauffeur
(d) A prison guard
9. Why, according to Rat, can't Toad sing any songs at the banquet?
(a) Because he really can't hold a tune
(b) Because Rat wants to read a poem
(c) Because his songs are all boastful
(d) Because there are too many people
10. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
(a) A cabbage patch
(b) A handsome room
(c) A hollow tree
(d) A damp dungeon
11. What do the animals eat after the attack?
(a) Ham sandwiches
(b) Cold tongue
(c) Wild strawberries
(d) Cold turkey
12. What does Toad think of himself?
(a) He's simple
(b) He's sorry
(c) He's silly
(d) He's smart
13. How much does Toad get for the horse?
(a) Six shillings a leg
(b) Four shillings a leg
(c) Six shillings and sixpence
(d) Five shillings and sixpence
14. Where is the Grand Canal?
15. Rat doesn't know why he feels:
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Otter child doing when Mole and Rat find him?
2. Mole and Rat see a vision of a strange figure. What does the figure look like?
3. Who does Toad trade the horse to?
4. What does Rat pack up when he gets to his house?
5. What color are the wayfarer's eyes?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)