|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the animals eat after the attack?
(a) Ham sandwiches
(b) Wild strawberries
(c) Cold turkey
(d) Cold tongue
2. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
(a) Steer the barge
(b) Feed the horse
(c) Wash clothes
(d) Fix lunch
3. Rat wants Toad to keep out of:
4. What are the field mice doing?
5. Toad is in prison for stealing which of the following?
(a) A motorcar
(b) A motorboat
(c) A motorcycle
(d) A motorbus
6. What did Rat and Mole hear on the river just before dawn?
(c) A chorus
7. What does Badger tell Toad he must do?
(a) Hire some servants
(b) Sell the house
(c) Take up boating
(d) Hold a banquet
8. Who stops by to visit with Rat?
(a) A lost cat
(b) A sea rat
(c) A hedgehog
(d) A lame pig
9. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
(a) A head scarf
(b) A straw hat
(c) A bonnet
(d) A beanie
10. Two stoats sink Rat's boat with
(a) A statue
(b) A rock
(c) A brick
(d) A box
11. Toad promises the engine-driver to:
(a) Bleach his shirts
(b) Iron his shirts
(c) Wash his shirts
(d) Mend his shirts
12. How much does Toad get for the horse?
(a) Six shillings and sixpence
(b) Four shillings a leg
(c) Five shillings and sixpence
(d) Six shillings a leg
13. Where is the Grand Canal?
14. The wayfarer's ancestor was:
15. Where does the motorcar end up?
(a) In a haystack
(b) In a canal
(c) In a field
(d) In a pond
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the animals brings up the rear?
2. What clues Mole into thinking that Toad is up to no good?
3. Where does Toad hide himself?
4. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
5. The equipment for each fighter includes:
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)