|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
(a) A handsome room
(b) A cabbage patch
(c) A hollow tree
(d) A damp dungeon
2. Who shoots at Toad?
(a) A soldier
(b) A sheriff
(c) A sentry
(d) A gypsy
3. Why does Toad get angry at the others the next morning?
(a) They already did the crossword puzzle
(b) They made him sleep in a small room
(c) They leave without saying goodbye
(d) They eat breakfast without him
4. What brushes Toad on the shoulder?
(a) A magpie's tail
(b) An owl's wing
(c) A pigeon's feather
(d) A bat's wing
5. What is the name of Otter's son?
6. Mole and Rat see a vision of a strange figure. What does the figure look like?
(a) A bear
(b) A unicorn
(c) A goat
(d) An angel
7. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
(a) The ballroom
(b) The front hall
(c) The butler's pantry
(d) The kitchen
8. Which of the following did Mole and Rat visit in their quest?
(a) An island
(b) A city
(c) A meadow
(d) A park
9. What color are the wayfarer's eyes?
10. After their adventure Rat and Mole are:
11. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
(a) Rat's house
(b) The woods
(c) Toad Hall
(d) The next town
12. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
(a) A fox
(b) A bear
(c) A wolf
(d) A warthog
13. What happened to the invitations that Toad wrote?
(a) They were confiscated by Rat
(b) Mole locked them in the pantry
(c) They were burned in the fire
(d) Badger crossed out the program on them
14. What is the Otter child doing when Mole and Rat find him?
(a) Looking for food
(b) Shaking with cold
(c) Crying for help
(d) Sleeping peacefully
15. The wayfarer's ancestor was:
Short Answer Questions
1. Two stoats sink Rat's boat with
2. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
3. Before meeting Toad, the gaoler's daughter kept:
4. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
5. Why, according to Rat, can't Toad sing any songs at the banquet?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)