|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the animals brings up the rear?
2. Where is the Grand Canal?
3. What color are the wayfarer's eyes?
4. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
(a) Feed the horse
(b) Wash clothes
(c) Steer the barge
(d) Fix lunch
5. In the "cutting-out expedition," who is in charge of acquiring equipment?
6. Who stops by to visit with Rat?
(a) A hedgehog
(b) A sea rat
(c) A lame pig
(d) A lost cat
7. Who shoots at Toad?
(a) A sheriff
(b) A gypsy
(c) A soldier
(d) A sentry
8. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
(a) Sit on their laps
(b) Drive the motorcar
(c) Take off his bonnet
(d) Sing his verses
9. What are the field mice doing?
10. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A coming storm
(b) A disappearance
(c) A weather warning
(d) A disturbance
11. What does Mole disguise himself as in order to spy on the stoats?
(a) A prison guard
(b) A uniformed cop
(c) A washer-woman
(d) A chauffeur
12. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
(a) A damp dungeon
(b) A handsome room
(c) A cabbage patch
(d) A hollow tree
13. What does Toad sing about after breakfast?
(a) The horse
(c) His sweetheart
(d) His friends
14. Why does Toad get angry at the others the next morning?
(a) They leave without saying goodbye
(b) They made him sleep in a small room
(c) They already did the crossword puzzle
(d) They eat breakfast without him
15. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
(a) The pond
(b) The canal
(c) The well
(d) The river
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Toad see the motorcar earlier?
2. How long do Mole and Rat row when looking for Otter's son?
3. Toad is in prison for stealing which of the following?
4. How much does Toad get for the horse?
5. What does Rat pack up when he gets to his house?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)