|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Toad hide himself?
(a) Near the tracks
(b) Under a bush
(c) In the woods
(d) By the river
2. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
(b) The Chief Weasel
3. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
(a) The pond
(b) The well
(c) The river
(d) The canal
4. Who does Toad trade the horse to?
(a) A gypsy
(b) A stranger
(c) A farmer
(d) A tradesman
5. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
(a) Toad Hall
(b) The woods
(c) Rat's house
(d) The next town
6. The wayfarer's ancestor was:
7. Two stoats sink Rat's boat with
(a) A rock
(b) A statue
(c) A brick
(d) A box
8. The visitor is from what country?
9. The equipment for each fighter includes:
(a) A whisk broom and a dustpan
(b) Several pounds of buckshot
(c) A flask and a sandwich-case
(d) A large pot and a serving spoon
10. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
(a) Drive the motorcar
(b) Take off his bonnet
(c) Sing his verses
(d) Sit on their laps
11. Where does Toad jump off the train?
(a) On the crossing
(b) At the bridge
(c) Before the signal
(d) After the tunnel
12. How much does Toad get for the horse?
(a) Four shillings a leg
(b) Six shillings a leg
(c) Six shillings and sixpence
(d) Five shillings and sixpence
13. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
(a) A head scarf
(b) A beanie
(c) A bonnet
(d) A straw hat
14. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
(a) Cheese cake
(b) Cold pie
(c) Stale cake
(d) Cold cuts
15. Who defended Toad Hall?
(a) Otter and Mole
(b) Rat and Badger
(c) Badger and Otter
(d) Mole and Badger
Short Answer Questions
1. Toad promises to:
2. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
3. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
4. Where does the motorcar end up?
5. What brushes Toad on the shoulder?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)