|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toad get angry at the others the next morning?
(a) They leave without saying goodbye
(b) They made him sleep in a small room
(c) They eat breakfast without him
(d) They already did the crossword puzzle
2. What does Badger tell Toad he must do?
(a) Hire some servants
(b) Hold a banquet
(c) Sell the house
(d) Take up boating
3. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) It's a good place to hide away.
(b) His best friend lives there.
(c) It was where he learned to swim.
(d) He likes the plants there.
4. Who defended Toad Hall?
(a) Rat and Badger
(b) Badger and Otter
(c) Otter and Mole
(d) Mole and Badger
5. What does Mole suggest Rat do to feel better?
(a) Write poetry
(b) Strum a guitar
(c) Hum a tune
(d) Read letters
6. Rat doesn't know why he feels:
7. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
(a) Drive the motorcar
(b) Sit on their laps
(c) Sing his verses
(d) Take off his bonnet
8. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
(c) The Chief Weasel
9. What do the animals eat after the attack?
(a) Wild strawberries
(b) Ham sandwiches
(c) Cold turkey
(d) Cold tongue
10. Where are the swallows headed?
11. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
(a) Painted on paper
(b) Made of plastic
(c) Bigger than normal
(d) Vividly colored
12. Which danger on the river does Rat specifically mention?
(d) Deep holes
13. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
(a) A bonnet
(b) A beanie
(c) A straw hat
(d) A head scarf
14. Where does Toad jump off the train?
(a) On the crossing
(b) Before the signal
(c) At the bridge
(d) After the tunnel
15. Before meeting Toad, the gaoler's daughter kept:
(a) A canary, a rabbit, and mice
(b) A rat, a canary and a rabbit
(c) A canary, mice, and a squirrel
(d) Mice, a squirrel, and a parrot
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Rat, can't Toad sing any songs at the banquet?
2. Toad promises the engine-driver to:
3. Badger tells them they can enter Toad Hall using which entrance?
4. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
5. What does Rat pack up when he gets to his house?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)