|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defended Toad Hall?
(a) Rat and Badger
(b) Otter and Mole
(c) Mole and Badger
(d) Badger and Otter
2. Where are the swallows headed?
3. Mole and Rat see a vision of a strange figure. What does the figure look like?
(a) A unicorn
(b) An angel
(c) A bear
(d) A goat
4. What is the name of Otter's son?
5. What does Toad sing about after breakfast?
(a) His friends
(b) The horse
(d) His sweetheart
6. The wayfarer drank wine in:
7. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
(a) A beanie
(b) A head scarf
(c) A straw hat
(d) A bonnet
8. Which danger on the river does Rat specifically mention?
(d) Deep holes
9. What happened to the invitations that Toad wrote?
(a) Badger crossed out the program on them
(b) They were confiscated by Rat
(c) They were burned in the fire
(d) Mole locked them in the pantry
10. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) It's a good place to hide away.
(b) It was where he learned to swim.
(c) He likes the plants there.
(d) His best friend lives there.
11. Why, according to Rat, can't Toad sing any songs at the banquet?
(a) Because there are too many people
(b) Because he really can't hold a tune
(c) Because his songs are all boastful
(d) Because Rat wants to read a poem
12. The equipment for each fighter includes:
(a) A flask and a sandwich-case
(b) A whisk broom and a dustpan
(c) Several pounds of buckshot
(d) A large pot and a serving spoon
13. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
(a) The canal
(b) The well
(c) The pond
(d) The river
14. How long do Mole and Rat row when looking for Otter's son?
(a) Two days
(b) All night
(c) All week
(d) Ten hours
15. Who starts to chase Toad after the motorcar crashes?
(d) Barge women
Short Answer Questions
1. Rat doesn't know why he feels:
2. What season is this chapter set in?
3. Which of the following did Mole and Rat visit in their quest?
4. How much does Toad get for the horse?
5. Rat wants Toad to keep out of:
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)