|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
(a) Vividly colored
(b) Painted on paper
(c) Made of plastic
(d) Bigger than normal
2. What do the animals eat after the attack?
(a) Cold tongue
(b) Wild strawberries
(c) Ham sandwiches
(d) Cold turkey
3. What brushes Toad on the shoulder?
(a) An owl's wing
(b) A magpie's tail
(c) A pigeon's feather
(d) A bat's wing
4. What does Toad think of himself?
(a) He's simple
(b) He's silly
(c) He's sorry
(d) He's smart
5. How long do Mole and Rat row when looking for Otter's son?
(a) Ten hours
(b) All week
(c) Two days
(d) All night
6. Toad sees a horse. What is the horse pulling?
(a) A wagon
(b) A barge
(c) A car
(d) A cart
7. What does Rat pack up when he gets to his house?
(a) A duffel bag
(b) A satchel
(c) A backpack
(d) A suitcase
8. What does Toad sing about after breakfast?
(a) The horse
(b) His friends
(c) His sweetheart
9. Where is Otter watching for his son while Mole and Rat search?
(a) At his home
(b) At the ford
(c) At a willow bank
(d) At the weir
10. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
(b) The Chief Weasel
11. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
(a) Stale cake
(b) Cheese cake
(c) Cold pie
(d) Cold cuts
12. Why does Toad get angry at the others the next morning?
(a) They eat breakfast without him
(b) They leave without saying goodbye
(c) They already did the crossword puzzle
(d) They made him sleep in a small room
13. Where does Toad jump off the train?
(a) At the bridge
(b) On the crossing
(c) After the tunnel
(d) Before the signal
14. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) His best friend lives there.
(b) It was where he learned to swim.
(c) He likes the plants there.
(d) It's a good place to hide away.
15. After their adventure Rat and Mole are:
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Toad get for the horse?
2. What does Mole suggest Rat do to feel better?
3. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
4. The visitor is from what country?
5. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)