|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
(a) The well
(b) The pond
(c) The canal
(d) The river
2. Badger tells them they can enter Toad Hall using which entrance?
(a) The brick chimney
(b) An underground passage
(c) An unlocked back door
(d) A broken window
3. What does Toad think of himself?
(a) He's sorry
(b) He's simple
(c) He's smart
(d) He's silly
4. What does Toad sing about after breakfast?
(a) His sweetheart
(c) His friends
(d) The horse
5. Why, according to Rat, can't Toad sing any songs at the banquet?
(a) Because his songs are all boastful
(b) Because he really can't hold a tune
(c) Because Rat wants to read a poem
(d) Because there are too many people
6. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
(c) The Chief Weasel
7. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) He likes the plants there.
(b) It's a good place to hide away.
(c) It was where he learned to swim.
(d) His best friend lives there.
8. In the "cutting-out expedition," who is in charge of acquiring equipment?
9. What color are the wayfarer's eyes?
10. Two stoats sink Rat's boat with
(a) A statue
(b) A rock
(c) A brick
(d) A box
11. Where does Toad's disguise come from?
(a) The washer-woman's aunt
(b) The daughter's aunt
(c) The gaoler's mother
(d) The inmate's granny
12. Who has taken over Toad Hall?
(a) Stoats, Weasels and Ferrets
(b) Ferrets, Stoats and Rabbits
(c) Rabbits, Stoats and Ferrets
(d) Weasels, Rabbits and Stoats
13. Which article of clothing does Toad lose?
(a) His jacket
(b) His waistcoat
(c) His trousers
(d) His backpack
14. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The front hall
(c) The butler's pantry
(d) The ballroom
15. Rat doesn't know why he feels:
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Otter watching for his son while Mole and Rat search?
2. Toad sees a horse. What is the horse pulling?
3. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
4. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
5. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)