|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) It's a good place to hide away.
(b) It was where he learned to swim.
(c) He likes the plants there.
(d) His best friend lives there.
2. Who does Toad trade the horse to?
(a) A gypsy
(b) A stranger
(c) A tradesman
(d) A farmer
3. What does Rat pack up when he gets to his house?
(a) A backpack
(b) A satchel
(c) A suitcase
(d) A duffel bag
4. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
(a) Sit on their laps
(b) Take off his bonnet
(c) Drive the motorcar
(d) Sing his verses
5. What is the Otter child doing when Mole and Rat find him?
(a) Sleeping peacefully
(b) Crying for help
(c) Shaking with cold
(d) Looking for food
6. Toad is in prison for stealing which of the following?
(a) A motorbus
(b) A motorcar
(c) A motorboat
(d) A motorcycle
7. Where does Toad's disguise come from?
(a) The gaoler's mother
(b) The daughter's aunt
(c) The inmate's granny
(d) The washer-woman's aunt
8. How much does Toad get for the horse?
(a) Six shillings and sixpence
(b) Six shillings a leg
(c) Four shillings a leg
(d) Five shillings and sixpence
9. The equipment for each fighter includes:
(a) A whisk broom and a dustpan
(b) A large pot and a serving spoon
(c) A flask and a sandwich-case
(d) Several pounds of buckshot
10. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
(a) The Chief Weasel
11. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
(a) Painted on paper
(b) Made of plastic
(c) Vividly colored
(d) Bigger than normal
12. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
13. What do the animals eat after the attack?
(a) Ham sandwiches
(b) Wild strawberries
(c) Cold tongue
(d) Cold turkey
14. Which of the following did Mole and Rat visit in their quest?
(a) A city
(b) A park
(c) An island
(d) A meadow
15. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
(a) Cold pie
(b) Cold cuts
(c) Stale cake
(d) Cheese cake
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is this chapter set in?
2. What color are the wayfarer's eyes?
3. Who shoots at Toad?
4. Badger tells them they can enter Toad Hall using which entrance?
5. Which article of clothing does Toad lose?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)