|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rat wants Toad to keep out of:
2. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
(a) A hollow tree
(b) A handsome room
(c) A cabbage patch
(d) A damp dungeon
3. Who sings the song about Toad just before the attack?
(d) The Chief Weasel
4. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
5. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
(a) The pond
(b) The well
(c) The river
(d) The canal
6. Who starts to chase Toad after the motorcar crashes?
(a) Barge women
7. Where are the swallows headed?
8. Where did Toad see the motorcar earlier?
(a) The Grey Goose
(b) The Red Lion
(c) The Green Frog
(d) The Pink Pig
9. Where is Otter watching for his son while Mole and Rat search?
(a) At his home
(b) At a willow bank
(c) At the ford
(d) At the weir
10. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
(a) The ballroom
(b) The kitchen
(c) The butler's pantry
(d) The front hall
11. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) He likes the plants there.
(b) His best friend lives there.
(c) It was where he learned to swim.
(d) It's a good place to hide away.
12. After their adventure Rat and Mole are:
13. Which danger on the river does Rat specifically mention?
(a) Deep holes
14. What are the field mice doing?
15. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A disappearance
(b) A coming storm
(c) A disturbance
(d) A weather warning
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is this chapter set in?
2. Mole and Rat see a vision of a strange figure. What does the figure look like?
3. Who does Toad trade the horse to?
4. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
5. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)