|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
2. What does Toad think of himself?
(a) He's silly
(b) He's simple
(c) He's smart
(d) He's sorry
3. Which article of clothing does Toad lose?
(a) His waistcoat
(b) His jacket
(c) His backpack
(d) His trousers
4. Where does Toad hide himself?
(a) Under a bush
(b) In the woods
(c) Near the tracks
(d) By the river
5. What does Badger ask Mole to do after the attack is over?
(a) Help clean up the broken glass
(b) Make them a victory dinner
(c) Check on the stoat sentries
(d) Handcuff the unconscious weasels
6. Before meeting Toad, the gaoler's daughter kept:
(a) A canary, a rabbit, and mice
(b) A rat, a canary and a rabbit
(c) A canary, mice, and a squirrel
(d) Mice, a squirrel, and a parrot
7. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) It's a good place to hide away.
(b) It was where he learned to swim.
(c) His best friend lives there.
(d) He likes the plants there.
8. Who has taken over Toad Hall?
(a) Ferrets, Stoats and Rabbits
(b) Stoats, Weasels and Ferrets
(c) Weasels, Rabbits and Stoats
(d) Rabbits, Stoats and Ferrets
9. Where is Otter watching for his son while Mole and Rat search?
(a) At a willow bank
(b) At his home
(c) At the ford
(d) At the weir
10. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
(a) Drive the motorcar
(b) Sit on their laps
(c) Sing his verses
(d) Take off his bonnet
11. Rat wants Toad to keep out of:
12. Which of the animals brings up the rear?
13. Two stoats sink Rat's boat with
(a) A statue
(b) A brick
(c) A rock
(d) A box
14. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
(a) Toad Hall
(b) The next town
(c) Rat's house
(d) The woods
15. Where does the motorcar end up?
(a) In a canal
(b) In a pond
(c) In a haystack
(d) In a field
Short Answer Questions
1. What clues Mole into thinking that Toad is up to no good?
2. What season is this chapter set in?
3. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
4. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
5. Toad promises the engine-driver to:
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)