|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The visitor is from what country?
2. Rat doesn't know why he feels:
3. Which room in Toad Hall does the underground passage lead to?
(a) The butler's pantry
(b) The kitchen
(c) The ballroom
(d) The front hall
4. Who defended Toad Hall?
(a) Mole and Badger
(b) Rat and Badger
(c) Otter and Mole
(d) Badger and Otter
5. What does Mole suggest Rat do to feel better?
(a) Read letters
(b) Hum a tune
(c) Strum a guitar
(d) Write poetry
6. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
(a) A fox
(b) A bear
(c) A warthog
(d) A wolf
7. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) He likes the plants there.
(b) It was where he learned to swim.
(c) It's a good place to hide away.
(d) His best friend lives there.
8. What color are the wayfarer's eyes?
9. Where are the weasels planning to hold their banquet?
(a) The Grand Lobby
(b) The Ballroom
(c) The Dining Hall
(d) The Great Hallway
10. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
11. What does Badger ask Mole to do after the attack is over?
(a) Help clean up the broken glass
(b) Make them a victory dinner
(c) Check on the stoat sentries
(d) Handcuff the unconscious weasels
12. Which danger on the river does Rat specifically mention?
(d) Deep holes
13. Toad promises the engine-driver to:
(a) Bleach his shirts
(b) Wash his shirts
(c) Mend his shirts
(d) Iron his shirts
14. What does Toad think of himself?
(a) He's simple
(b) He's silly
(c) He's smart
(d) He's sorry
15. Where does Toad jump off the train?
(a) At the bridge
(b) After the tunnel
(c) On the crossing
(d) Before the signal
Short Answer Questions
1. Before meeting Toad, the gaoler's daughter kept:
2. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
3. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
4. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
5. Where does Toad's disguise come from?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)