|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wayfarer drank wine in:
2. Where does Toad hide himself?
(a) In the woods
(b) Near the tracks
(c) By the river
(d) Under a bush
3. What does Badger tell Toad he must do?
(a) Take up boating
(b) Hold a banquet
(c) Sell the house
(d) Hire some servants
4. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
(a) A head scarf
(b) A beanie
(c) A bonnet
(d) A straw hat
5. Toad promises to:
(a) Mind the house
(b) Mend his shirt
(c) Make some soup
(d) Mend his ways
6. What happened to the invitations that Toad wrote?
(a) Mole locked them in the pantry
(b) Badger crossed out the program on them
(c) They were confiscated by Rat
(d) They were burned in the fire
7. Toad sees a horse. What is the horse pulling?
(a) A car
(b) A barge
(c) A cart
(d) A wagon
8. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A disappearance
(b) A coming storm
(c) A weather warning
(d) A disturbance
9. What does Toad sing about after breakfast?
(a) His sweetheart
(b) The horse
(d) His friends
10. Before meeting Toad, the gaoler's daughter kept:
(a) A rat, a canary and a rabbit
(b) Mice, a squirrel, and a parrot
(c) A canary, a rabbit, and mice
(d) A canary, mice, and a squirrel
11. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
(a) Wash clothes
(b) Fix lunch
(c) Feed the horse
(d) Steer the barge
12. What does Mole suggest Rat do to feel better?
(a) Strum a guitar
(b) Write poetry
(c) Hum a tune
(d) Read letters
13. Who chases after the train with Toad in it?
14. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
(a) The well
(b) The pond
(c) The river
(d) The canal
15. The equipment for each fighter includes:
(a) Several pounds of buckshot
(b) A whisk broom and a dustpan
(c) A large pot and a serving spoon
(d) A flask and a sandwich-case
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
2. Who has taken over Toad Hall?
3. Where is Otter watching for his son while Mole and Rat search?
4. What season is this chapter set in?
5. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)