|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defended Toad Hall?
(a) Mole and Badger
(b) Badger and Otter
(c) Otter and Mole
(d) Rat and Badger
2. What does Mole suggest Rat do to feel better?
(a) Read letters
(b) Hum a tune
(c) Write poetry
(d) Strum a guitar
3. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
(a) A wolf
(b) A warthog
(c) A bear
(d) A fox
4. Mole and Rat see a vision of a strange figure. What does the figure look like?
(a) An angel
(b) A bear
(c) A unicorn
(d) A goat
5. What clues Mole into thinking that Toad is up to no good?
(a) Toad leaves notes for his plans around
(b) Toad is happy, instead of depressed
(c) Toad starts whispering to his servants
(d) Toad tries to distract him with food
6. Where is the Grand Canal?
7. What does Rat pack up when he gets to his house?
(a) A satchel
(b) A backpack
(c) A duffel bag
(d) A suitcase
8. Which article of clothing does Toad lose?
(a) His waistcoat
(b) His jacket
(c) His backpack
(d) His trousers
9. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
(a) A bonnet
(b) A beanie
(c) A head scarf
(d) A straw hat
10. What season is this chapter set in?
11. Rat wants Toad to keep out of:
12. What does Toad think of himself?
(a) He's simple
(b) He's silly
(c) He's smart
(d) He's sorry
13. The equipment for each fighter includes:
(a) Several pounds of buckshot
(b) A large pot and a serving spoon
(c) A whisk broom and a dustpan
(d) A flask and a sandwich-case
14. What does Badger tell Toad he must do?
(a) Hire some servants
(b) Take up boating
(c) Sell the house
(d) Hold a banquet
15. What did Rat and Mole hear on the river just before dawn?
(c) A chorus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Badger eat when he arrives at Rat's house?
2. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
3. What does Mole disguise himself as in order to spy on the stoats?
4. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
5. Who starts to chase Toad after the motorcar crashes?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)