|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brushes Toad on the shoulder?
(a) A bat's wing
(b) A magpie's tail
(c) An owl's wing
(d) A pigeon's feather
2. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
(a) Fix lunch
(b) Wash clothes
(c) Feed the horse
(d) Steer the barge
3. Where are the weasels planning to hold their banquet?
(a) The Ballroom
(b) The Grand Lobby
(c) The Dining Hall
(d) The Great Hallway
4. Why does Toad get angry at the others the next morning?
(a) They eat breakfast without him
(b) They leave without saying goodbye
(c) They made him sleep in a small room
(d) They already did the crossword puzzle
5. What does Mole disguise himself as in order to spy on the stoats?
(a) A uniformed cop
(b) A chauffeur
(c) A prison guard
(d) A washer-woman
6. What does Toad sing about after breakfast?
(a) The horse
(b) His sweetheart
(d) His friends
7. Badger tells them they can enter Toad Hall using which entrance?
(a) An unlocked back door
(b) A broken window
(c) The brick chimney
(d) An underground passage
8. Two stoats sink Rat's boat with
(a) A brick
(b) A box
(c) A statue
(d) A rock
9. How long do Mole and Rat row when looking for Otter's son?
(a) Ten hours
(b) All night
(c) Two days
(d) All week
10. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A coming storm
(b) A disappearance
(c) A disturbance
(d) A weather warning
11. What does the gaoler's daughter's food smell like?
12. Who defended Toad Hall?
(a) Mole and Badger
(b) Otter and Mole
(c) Badger and Otter
(d) Rat and Badger
13. What do the animals eat after the attack?
(a) Cold tongue
(b) Cold turkey
(c) Wild strawberries
(d) Ham sandwiches
14. The wayfarer's ancestor was:
15. The visitor is from what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Otter child doing when Mole and Rat find him?
2. Who starts to chase Toad after the motorcar crashes?
3. What does Toad think of himself?
4. What does Badger tell Toad he must do?
5. Who does Toad trade the horse to?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)