|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toad promises to:
(a) Make some soup
(b) Mend his ways
(c) Mind the house
(d) Mend his shirt
2. Where are the swallows headed?
3. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
(a) Steer the barge
(b) Fix lunch
(c) Wash clothes
(d) Feed the horse
4. What did Rat and Mole hear on the river just before dawn?
(b) A chorus
5. Who has taken over Toad Hall?
(a) Rabbits, Stoats and Ferrets
(b) Ferrets, Stoats and Rabbits
(c) Weasels, Rabbits and Stoats
(d) Stoats, Weasels and Ferrets
6. Toad sees a horse. What is the horse pulling?
(a) A wagon
(b) A barge
(c) A cart
(d) A car
7. Where did Toad see the motorcar earlier?
(a) The Red Lion
(b) The Green Frog
(c) The Pink Pig
(d) The Grey Goose
8. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A weather warning
(b) A disturbance
(c) A disappearance
(d) A coming storm
9. Rat doesn't know why he feels:
10. Where does Toad jump off the train?
(a) At the bridge
(b) After the tunnel
(c) Before the signal
(d) On the crossing
11. What does Rat pack up when he gets to his house?
(a) A satchel
(b) A backpack
(c) A suitcase
(d) A duffel bag
12. What does Badger ask Mole to do after the attack is over?
(a) Help clean up the broken glass
(b) Make them a victory dinner
(c) Check on the stoat sentries
(d) Handcuff the unconscious weasels
13. Why, according to Rat, can't Toad sing any songs at the banquet?
(a) Because his songs are all boastful
(b) Because he really can't hold a tune
(c) Because Rat wants to read a poem
(d) Because there are too many people
14. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
(a) A head scarf
(b) A bonnet
(c) A beanie
(d) A straw hat
15. Where is Otter watching for his son while Mole and Rat search?
(a) At the weir
(b) At his home
(c) At a willow bank
(d) At the ford
Short Answer Questions
1. Before meeting Toad, the gaoler's daughter kept:
2. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
3. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
4. Who defended Toad Hall?
5. What are the field mice doing?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)