|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the gentlemen allow Toad to do?
(a) Take off his bonnet
(b) Drive the motorcar
(c) Sit on their laps
(d) Sing his verses
2. The wayfarer's ancestor was:
3. Toad promises the engine-driver to:
(a) Wash his shirts
(b) Bleach his shirts
(c) Mend his shirts
(d) Iron his shirts
4. The visitor is from what country?
5. Who defended Toad Hall?
(a) Rat and Badger
(b) Otter and Mole
(c) Mole and Badger
(d) Badger and Otter
6. Why does Otter think that his son might go to that particular spot?
(a) It was where he learned to swim.
(b) It's a good place to hide away.
(c) His best friend lives there.
(d) He likes the plants there.
7. Which of the animals brings up the rear?
8. Rat wants Toad to keep out of:
9. What does Mole suggest Rat do to feel better?
(a) Strum a guitar
(b) Write poetry
(c) Hum a tune
(d) Read letters
10. Who does Toad trade the horse to?
(a) A tradesman
(b) A gypsy
(c) A farmer
(d) A stranger
11. What does the barge-woman ask Toad to do?
(a) Steer the barge
(b) Feed the horse
(c) Fix lunch
(d) Wash clothes
12. What clues Mole into thinking that Toad is up to no good?
(a) Toad is happy, instead of depressed
(b) Toad leaves notes for his plans around
(c) Toad starts whispering to his servants
(d) Toad tries to distract him with food
13. Where are the swallows headed?
14. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
(a) The canal
(b) The well
(c) The river
(d) The pond
15. What does Rat pack up when he gets to his house?
(a) A suitcase
(b) A duffel bag
(c) A backpack
(d) A satchel
Short Answer Questions
1. The wayfarer drank wine in:
2. Where are the weasels planning to hold their banquet?
3. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
4. Where is Toad when he wakes up?
5. What animal does Toad meet in the woods?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)