|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clues Mole into thinking that Toad is up to no good?
(a) Toad starts whispering to his servants
(b) Toad is happy, instead of depressed
(c) Toad leaves notes for his plans around
(d) Toad tries to distract him with food
2. What is the Otter child doing when Mole and Rat find him?
(a) Shaking with cold
(b) Crying for help
(c) Sleeping peacefully
(d) Looking for food
3. What did Rat and Mole hear on the river just before dawn?
(c) A chorus
4. Badger tells them they can enter Toad Hall using which entrance?
(a) A broken window
(b) The brick chimney
(c) An underground passage
(d) An unlocked back door
5. After returning from Otter's, Rat reports:
(a) A coming storm
(b) A disappearance
(c) A weather warning
(d) A disturbance
6. What does Toad end up falling into during the chase?
(a) The canal
(b) The pond
(c) The river
(d) The well
7. What happened to the invitations that Toad wrote?
(a) Badger crossed out the program on them
(b) They were confiscated by Rat
(c) Mole locked them in the pantry
(d) They were burned in the fire
8. Mole and Rat noticed that the flowers and plants they passed were:
(a) Made of plastic
(b) Vividly colored
(c) Bigger than normal
(d) Painted on paper
9. What does Toad sing about after breakfast?
(a) His friends
(c) His sweetheart
(d) The horse
10. The equipment for each fighter includes:
(a) A flask and a sandwich-case
(b) A whisk broom and a dustpan
(c) A large pot and a serving spoon
(d) Several pounds of buckshot
11. What is the name of Otter's son?
12. What is Toad forced to wear on his head?
(a) A beanie
(b) A bonnet
(c) A head scarf
(d) A straw hat
13. What does Badger ask Mole to do after the attack is over?
(a) Make them a victory dinner
(b) Check on the stoat sentries
(c) Handcuff the unconscious weasels
(d) Help clean up the broken glass
14. Who does Toad trade the horse to?
(a) A tradesman
(b) A gypsy
(c) A stranger
(d) A farmer
15. Toad asks for a ride. Where does Toad want to go?
(a) Rat's house
(b) The next town
(c) Toad Hall
(d) The woods
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Otter watching for his son while Mole and Rat search?
2. What does Mole disguise himself as in order to spy on the stoats?
3. Mole and Rat see a vision of a strange figure. What does the figure look like?
4. Who defended Toad Hall?
5. What are the field mice doing?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)