|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rat when Mole goes into the woods?
(d) In town
2. Toad appears wearing an overcoat, cap, gaiters, and:
(a) A helmet
(d) A scarf
3. How does Rat describe Toad?
(a) Afraid of his own shadow
(b) Very tight with his money
(c) Modest and hardworking
(d) Boastful and conceited
4. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
5. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) A lantern
(b) A shepherd's crook
(c) Silver bells
(d) Sugar cookies
6. What does Mole compare the river to?
(a) A banquet for the senses
(b) A long, chattering snake
(c) A friendly child on a sunny day
(d) A storyteller telling secrets
7. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
(a) A chipmunk
(b) A rabbit
(c) A mouse
(d) A swallow
8. What does Rat decide that Mole cut himself on?
(a) A rusty old knife
(b) A hidden bramble
(c) A piece of metal
(d) Some broken glass
9. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
(a) A large basket of food
(b) A horse-drawn sledge
(c) Several woolen blankets
(d) His entire family
10. What new hobby does Toad take up by the end of the chapter?
11. What color is Rat?
12. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
(a) He's afraid that it will snow soon
(b) He has an appointment with Badger
(c) He thinks he left his door open
(d) He thinks there are weasels around
13. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
(a) Apple pancakes
(b) Buttered toast
(c) Oatmeal porridge
(d) Eggs and bacon
14. Rat compliments Mole's home for being:
(b) Very warm
15. What are Rat and Mole doing when Badger knocks at their door?
(a) Eating breakfast
(b) Sleeping in late
(c) Painting a boat
(d) Mending fishing nets
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toad's intention when he leaves the inn?
2. Who gets the "dustiest job" in the expedition that Toad plans?
3. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
4. What is Toad's favorite color?
5. What, according to Toad, is the sound of a motorcar horn?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)