|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mole and Badger do after luncheon?
(a) Go out to gather wood
(b) Go for a tour of the house
(c) Discuss the joys of travel
(d) Play a game of chess
2. Badger's home has many:
(a) Long tunnels
(b) Stone fireplaces
(c) Pretty windows
(d) Steep staircases
3. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
4. What does Mole compare the river to?
(a) A long, chattering snake
(b) A friendly child on a sunny day
(c) A banquet for the senses
(d) A storyteller telling secrets
5. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
(a) His black velvet smoking jacket
(b) His clear speaking voice
(c) His excellent manners
(d) His knowledge of the world
6. Where were the hedgehogs going when they got lost?
(a) To school
(b) To the river
(c) To visit friends
(d) To the store
7. The entrance to Mole's home is:
(a) A small bridge
(b) A wooden porch
(c) A red door
(d) A tunnel
8. Which animal in the Wild Wood does Rat like the best?
9. Who is the first animal that shows up during the picnic?
10. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
(a) Into the meadow to visit friends
(b) Into town to buy supplies
(c) Up the river to explore
(d) Down the river for a picnic
11. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
(a) A swallow
(b) A rabbit
(c) A mouse
(d) A chipmunk
12. Where does Mole live?
(b) In a tree
(c) In a cottage
(d) On the river
13. What has Mole never seen before this day?
(a) A river
(b) The sun
(c) A meadow
14. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
(a) Behind a clump of tall grass
(b) He climbs up into an oak tree
(c) Underneath a blackberry bush
(d) In the hollow of a beech tree
15. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
(a) A big luncheon basket
(b) A big stick and pistols
(c) A first-aid kit
(d) His friend, Mr. Otter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
2. What season is it when this chapter starts?
3. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
4. What is Badger "busy" doing in his study?
5. What, according to Badger, used to be where the Wild Woods is now?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)