|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Badger's home has many:
(a) Long tunnels
(b) Steep staircases
(c) Stone fireplaces
(d) Pretty windows
2. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
(a) Sheepskin slippers
(b) Heavy leather boots
(c) Carpet slippers
(d) Leather loafers
3. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) A lantern
(b) A shepherd's crook
(c) Sugar cookies
(d) Silver bells
4. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
(a) Hot cocoa
(b) Apple cider
(c) Spiced tea
(d) Mulled ale
5. What does Rat prepare for their supper?
(a) Sardines and mustard
(b) Bread pudding and milk
(c) Ham and egg sandwiches
(d) Cabbage soup and crackers
6. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Mole
(b) Mr. Otter
(c) Mr. Rat
(d) Mr. Toad
7. What keeps the field-mouse from reciting his part in the play?
(a) It starts snowing
(b) The lights go out
(c) Stage fright
(d) He's too hungry
8. What did Badger learn this morning?
(a) Toad has run away to the city
(b) Toad has finally woken up
(c) Toad has bought a new motorcar
(d) Toad has lost all his money
9. What else is Badger wearing?
(a) Black silk pajamas
(b) A tattered nightshirt
(c) A long dressing-gown
(d) An old woolen sweater
10. One of the hedgehogs is named:
11. What does Mole compare the river to?
(a) A banquet for the senses
(b) A long, chattering snake
(c) A storyteller telling secrets
(d) A friendly child on a sunny day
12. What is the name of Mole's house?
(a) Mole's Hole
(b) Mole End
(c) The Burrow
(d) The Molery
13. What does Badger decide they should do when Toad escapes?
(a) Put up posters in the village
(b) Get together a search team
(c) Check at the local auto clubs
(d) Wait at Toad Hall for his return
14. What happens when Mole goes into the Wild Woods?
(a) He gets lost in the woods
(b) Somebody starts a forest fire
(c) He falls down a deep hole
(d) It starts to snow very hard
15. Which of these was NOT found in Mole's courtyard?
(a) Wire baskets
(d) An apple tree
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rat describe Toad?
2. How many motorcars have been smashed up so far?
3. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
4. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
5. Who shows up at Mr. Badger's door during breakfast?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)