|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Mole
(b) Mr. Otter
(c) Mr. Rat
(d) Mr. Toad
2. What do Rat and Mole find when they dig?
(a) A door
(b) A table
(c) A trap
(d) A sledge
3. Why does Mole want to turn back?
(a) He enjoyed the village
(b) He forgot his galoshes
(c) He needs to stop for dinner
(d) He smells his old home
4. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
5. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
(a) Underneath a blackberry bush
(b) Behind a clump of tall grass
(c) He climbs up into an oak tree
(d) In the hollow of a beech tree
6. What is Badger "busy" doing in his study?
(b) Playing chess
(d) Playing music
7. Which of the animals feels uncomfortable in Badger's house?
(b) The hedgehogs
8. What does Mole compare the river to?
(a) A banquet for the senses
(b) A storyteller telling secrets
(c) A long, chattering snake
(d) A friendly child on a sunny day
9. How does Rat describe Toad?
(a) Very tight with his money
(b) Modest and hardworking
(c) Boastful and conceited
(d) Afraid of his own shadow
10. Who shows up at Mr. Badger's door during breakfast?
(a) Some weasels
(b) Mr. Toad
(d) Mrs. Hedgehog
11. What does Badger do when he shows up?
(a) Eats up all the ham sandwiches
(b) Tells a long story about the Wild Wood
(c) Drinks a cup of tea, then leaves
(d) Leaves immediately after seeing Mole
12. What happens while they are stopped?
(a) Rat runs off
(b) Badger shows up
(c) The snow falls
(d) Wild animals attack
13. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
(a) A mouse
(b) A chipmunk
(c) A swallow
(d) A rabbit
14. What color is Rat?
15. What is the name of Mole's house?
(a) The Burrow
(b) The Molery
(c) Mole's Hole
(d) Mole End
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rat live?
2. One of the carolers is carrying:
3. What did Badger learn this morning?
4. Where are the animals when they come out of Badger's tunnel?
5. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)