|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rat when Mole goes into the woods?
(d) In town
2. What does Mole fall in love with "at first sight?"
(a) Toad's lovely house
(b) Toad's yellow wagon
(c) Toad's new motorcar
(d) Toad's blue sailboat
3. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
(a) Stealing a motorcar
(b) Cheeking the police
(c) Exceeding the speed limit
(d) Driving recklessly
4. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Otter
(b) Mr. Toad
(c) Mr. Mole
(d) Mr. Rat
5. What does Toad refuse to promise?
(a) That he'll let the chauffer drive
(b) That he'll get insurance
(c) That he'll give up motorcars
(d) That he'll drive at a safe speed
6. What new hobby does Toad take up by the end of the chapter?
7. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
8. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
(a) Talking sternly to him
(b) Offering to buy the motorcar
(c) Calling the police
(d) Locking him in his room
9. Who is the first animal that shows up during the picnic?
10. The song that Rat sings in this chapter is about what?
11. What does Rat suggest doing after the accident?
(a) Lodging a complaint with the police
(b) Demanding an apology from the driver
(c) Suing the driver for damages to the wagon
(d) Getting in touch with the insurance agent
12. The first thing Rat and Mole do in the house is:
(a) Cook some supper
(b) Dust off the table
(c) Build a fire
(d) Air out the blankets
13. What happens while they are stopped?
(a) Wild animals attack
(b) The snow falls
(c) Rat runs off
(d) Badger shows up
14. What mode of transportation does Rat use?
(a) He has a tiny blue and white boat
(b) He has a carriage in his stable
(c) He rides a bicycle with red wheels
(d) He uses a big, shiny green motorcar
15. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
(a) He sees Mole's footprints leading into the woods
(b) He reads a note Mole left behind on the table
(c) He remembers Mole talking about the woods
(d) He hears about it from a bird who saw Mole
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Rat to go visit Badger?
2. Why does Mole want to turn back?
3. Where does Mole live?
4. What do Rat and Mole find when they dig?
5. One of the hedgehogs is named:
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)