|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the beds, what is in the bedroom that Rat and Mole sleep in?
(a) Two young hedgehogs
(b) Badger's winter stores
(c) Several rolled-up carpets
(d) Stacks of books
2. Toad has fits in which he:
(a) Hops around the bedroom, screaming
(b) Begs his friends to let him drive
(c) Threatens his friends with lawsuits
(d) Pretends that his chairs are a motorcar
3. Toad appears wearing an overcoat, cap, gaiters, and:
(a) A helmet
(c) A scarf
4. How do the animals get back to their homes?
(a) They walk all the way
(b) They hire a motorcar
(c) They hitch a ride
(d) They take a train
5. How does Rat describe Toad?
(a) Afraid of his own shadow
(b) Boastful and conceited
(c) Very tight with his money
(d) Modest and hardworking
6. What is Mole doing when the chapter starts?
(a) Doing his weekly baking
(b) Planting his garden
(c) Polishing his silver
(d) Spring-cleaning his home
7. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
(a) Talking sternly to him
(b) Calling the police
(c) Offering to buy the motorcar
(d) Locking him in his room
8. What offer does Mole make to Rat?
(a) To help persuade Toad to return home
(b) To switch bunks so Rat can sleep better
(c) To leave with him early in the morning
(d) To change jobs with him tomorrow
9. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
(a) His friend, Mr. Otter
(b) A first-aid kit
(c) A big luncheon basket
(d) A big stick and pistols
10. The first thing Rat and Mole do in the house is:
(a) Cook some supper
(b) Build a fire
(c) Dust off the table
(d) Air out the blankets
11. Who is the first animal that shows up during the picnic?
12. Why is Rat unhappy on the expedition?
(a) The rabbits make fun of his clothes
(b) He misses the river and his home
(c) He feels tired from walking so long
(d) Toad gives him the tiresome chores
13. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
(a) Driving recklessly
(b) Stealing a motorcar
(c) Exceeding the speed limit
(d) Cheeking the police
14. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
15. What does Rat bring with him when he meets Mole?
(a) A fiddle in a case
(b) A picnic basket
(c) A bag full of books
(d) A welcoming gift
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the hedgehogs is named:
2. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
3. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
4. One of the carolers is carrying:
5. What name was on the brass plate they uncovered?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)