|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Toad, is the sound of a motorcar horn?
2. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Mole
(b) Mr. Toad
(c) Mr. Rat
(d) Mr. Otter
3. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) A lantern
(b) Silver bells
(c) A shepherd's crook
(d) Sugar cookies
4. What does Badger decide they should do when Toad escapes?
(a) Wait at Toad Hall for his return
(b) Put up posters in the village
(c) Get together a search team
(d) Check at the local auto clubs
5. What word does the carol repeat several times?
6. Which of these is one of Rat's hobbies?
(a) Baking cookies
(b) Writing poetry
(c) Traveling in wagons
(d) Painting pictures
7. Who goes to the village for supplies?
(b) The grey horse
8. What new hobby does Toad take up by the end of the chapter?
9. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
(a) They get hungry
(b) Mole is tired
(c) Rat gets lost
(d) Rat is tired
10. What offer does Mole make to Rat?
(a) To switch bunks so Rat can sleep better
(b) To change jobs with him tomorrow
(c) To leave with him early in the morning
(d) To help persuade Toad to return home
11. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
12. Who shows up at Mr. Badger's door during breakfast?
(a) Mrs. Hedgehog
(c) Mr. Toad
(d) Some weasels
13. What is the name of Mole's house?
(a) Mole End
(b) Mole's Hole
(c) The Burrow
(d) The Molery
14. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
(c) The bird
15. What did Badger learn this morning?
(a) Toad has run away to the city
(b) Toad has bought a new motorcar
(c) Toad has lost all his money
(d) Toad has finally woken up
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
2. Toad has fits in which he:
3. What name was on the brass plate they uncovered?
4. Besides the beds, what is in the bedroom that Rat and Mole sleep in?
5. What does Rat decide that Mole cut himself on?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)