|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) Silver bells
(b) Sugar cookies
(c) A lantern
(d) A shepherd's crook
2. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
(a) Heavy leather boots
(b) Carpet slippers
(c) Sheepskin slippers
(d) Leather loafers
3. Which of these was NOT found in Mole's courtyard?
(a) Wire baskets
(b) An apple tree
4. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
5. What does Rat prepare for their supper?
(a) Cabbage soup and crackers
(b) Bread pudding and milk
(c) Sardines and mustard
(d) Ham and egg sandwiches
6. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
(a) Behind a clump of tall grass
(b) Underneath a blackberry bush
(c) In the hollow of a beech tree
(d) He climbs up into an oak tree
7. What season is it when this chapter starts?
8. What does Badger do when he shows up?
(a) Eats up all the ham sandwiches
(b) Leaves immediately after seeing Mole
(c) Drinks a cup of tea, then leaves
(d) Tells a long story about the Wild Wood
9. What is Toad's favorite color?
10. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
(a) He finds it very offensive
(b) He doesn't think much of it
(c) He wants to learn to sing it, too
(d) He thinks Rat needs to rewrite it
11. What happens when Mole goes into the Wild Woods?
(a) Somebody starts a forest fire
(b) It starts to snow very hard
(c) He falls down a deep hole
(d) He gets lost in the woods
12. What has Mole never seen before this day?
(a) The sun
(c) A river
(d) A meadow
13. Where are the animals when they come out of Badger's tunnel?
(a) Close to Mr. Toad's house
(b) On the banks of the river
(c) In the heart of the woods
(d) At the edge of the woods
14. What new hobby does Toad take up by the end of the chapter?
15. Which of the animals feels uncomfortable in Badger's house?
(b) The hedgehogs
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mole cut himself?
2. What name was on the brass plate they uncovered?
3. What does Badger decide they should do when Toad escapes?
4. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
5. The entrance to Mole's home is:
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)