|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toad's favorite color?
2. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
(a) Spending his time on the river
(b) Staying at home all the time
(c) Having fur all over his body
(d) Being fond of Stilton cheese
3. What is Badger "busy" doing in his study?
(c) Playing chess
(d) Playing music
4. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
(a) Driving recklessly
(b) Exceeding the speed limit
(c) Stealing a motorcar
(d) Cheeking the police
5. Where does Rat live?
(a) Under an oak tree
(b) In the grassy meadow
(c) By a hedgerow
(d) In the river bank
6. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
7. What sound frightens Mole in the woods?
8. What else is Badger wearing?
(a) A long dressing-gown
(b) Black silk pajamas
(c) A tattered nightshirt
(d) An old woolen sweater
9. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
(a) The Black Swan
(b) The Grey Goose
(c) The Pink Pig
(d) The Red Lion
10. Why is Rat unhappy on the expedition?
(a) He misses the river and his home
(b) He feels tired from walking so long
(c) Toad gives him the tiresome chores
(d) The rabbits make fun of his clothes
11. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
(a) His knowledge of the world
(b) His black velvet smoking jacket
(c) His excellent manners
(d) His clear speaking voice
12. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
(a) Mr. Toad needs a long vacation
(b) Mr. Toad wants a different car
(c) Mr. Toad is busy right now
(d) Mr. Toad has changed his mind
13. What does Mole compare the river to?
(a) A storyteller telling secrets
(b) A long, chattering snake
(c) A banquet for the senses
(d) A friendly child on a sunny day
14. The entrance to Mole's home is:
(a) A tunnel
(b) A wooden porch
(c) A small bridge
(d) A red door
15. What does Badger decide they should do when Toad escapes?
(a) Get together a search team
(b) Check at the local auto clubs
(c) Put up posters in the village
(d) Wait at Toad Hall for his return
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rat prepare for their supper?
2. What has Mole never seen before this day?
3. How do the animals get back to their homes?
4. Which of these is one of Rat's hobbies?
5. What does Badger do when Toad defies him?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)