|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
(a) A horse-drawn sledge
(b) Several woolen blankets
(c) A large basket of food
(d) His entire family
2. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
(a) He thinks there are weasels around
(b) He has an appointment with Badger
(c) He thinks he left his door open
(d) He's afraid that it will snow soon
3. Who does Mole ask Rat to introduce him to?
(a) The ducks
4. What is the first thing Rat and Mole do in Badger's home?
(a) Tell about their adventure.
(b) Eat supper with Badger
(c) Find beds to sleep in.
(d) Get warm by the fire.
5. What are Rat and Mole doing when Badger knocks at their door?
(a) Painting a boat
(b) Eating breakfast
(c) Mending fishing nets
(d) Sleeping in late
6. How many years in jail is Toad sentenced to?
7. What happens when Mole rows the boat?
(a) They get swept downstream
(b) It capsizes and sinks
(c) He runs it into the bank
(d) Rat gets angry and scolds him
8. What mode of transportation does Rat use?
(a) He rides a bicycle with red wheels
(b) He has a tiny blue and white boat
(c) He uses a big, shiny green motorcar
(d) He has a carriage in his stable
9. What else is Badger wearing?
(a) A tattered nightshirt
(b) A long dressing-gown
(c) Black silk pajamas
(d) An old woolen sweater
10. What did Badger learn this morning?
(a) Toad has lost all his money
(b) Toad has bought a new motorcar
(c) Toad has finally woken up
(d) Toad has run away to the city
11. What name was on the brass plate they uncovered?
(a) Mr. Toad
(b) Mr. Badger
(c) Mr. Weasel
(d) Mr. Rabbit
12. Why does Mole want to turn back?
(a) He needs to stop for dinner
(b) He forgot his galoshes
(c) He smells his old home
(d) He enjoyed the village
13. The song that Rat sings in this chapter is about what?
14. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Toad
(b) Mr. Mole
(c) Mr. Otter
(d) Mr. Rat
15. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
(a) Stealing a motorcar
(b) Driving recklessly
(c) Cheeking the police
(d) Exceeding the speed limit
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Mole make to Rat?
2. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
3. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
4. Where does Mole live?
5. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)