|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Badger, used to be where the Wild Woods is now?
(a) A lake filled with fish
(b) A city filled with people
(c) A volcano with two peaks
(d) A larger, wilder woods
2. What is Toad's favorite color?
3. Badger's home has many:
(a) Steep staircases
(b) Stone fireplaces
(c) Pretty windows
(d) Long tunnels
4. What is the first thing Rat and Mole do in Badger's home?
(a) Get warm by the fire.
(b) Tell about their adventure.
(c) Eat supper with Badger
(d) Find beds to sleep in.
5. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Otter
(b) Mr. Mole
(c) Mr. Toad
(d) Mr. Rat
6. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
(a) Down the river for a picnic
(b) Into town to buy supplies
(c) Up the river to explore
(d) Into the meadow to visit friends
7. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
8. What is the name of Mole's house?
(a) Mole End
(b) The Molery
(c) Mole's Hole
(d) The Burrow
9. What did Badger learn this morning?
(a) Toad has finally woken up
(b) Toad has run away to the city
(c) Toad has lost all his money
(d) Toad has bought a new motorcar
10. Besides the beds, what is in the bedroom that Rat and Mole sleep in?
(a) Badger's winter stores
(b) Two young hedgehogs
(c) Several rolled-up carpets
(d) Stacks of books
11. The song that Rat sings in this chapter is about what?
12. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
(a) He finds it very offensive
(b) He doesn't think much of it
(c) He thinks Rat needs to rewrite it
(d) He wants to learn to sing it, too
13. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
(a) His excellent manners
(b) His knowledge of the world
(c) His black velvet smoking jacket
(d) His clear speaking voice
14. What has Mole never seen before this day?
(a) The sun
(c) A meadow
(d) A river
15. What does the phrase "make the acquaintance of" mean?
(a) Draw a picture of
(b) Meet a new person
(c) Sell something to
(d) Make fun of someone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
2. What animals do Rat and Mole see in the village?
3. Rat compliments Mole's home for being:
4. Where did Mole cut himself?
5. Toad has fits in which he:
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)