|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
(a) Hot cocoa
(b) Mulled ale
(c) Spiced tea
(d) Apple cider
2. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
(a) He hears about it from a bird who saw Mole
(b) He reads a note Mole left behind on the table
(c) He sees Mole's footprints leading into the woods
(d) He remembers Mole talking about the woods
3. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) Silver bells
(b) A shepherd's crook
(c) A lantern
(d) Sugar cookies
4. What does Mole compare the river to?
(a) A friendly child on a sunny day
(b) A banquet for the senses
(c) A long, chattering snake
(d) A storyteller telling secrets
5. What does Badger decide they should do when Toad escapes?
(a) Get together a search team
(b) Wait at Toad Hall for his return
(c) Check at the local auto clubs
(d) Put up posters in the village
6. Where is Rat when Mole goes into the woods?
(b) In town
7. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
(a) Cheeking the police
(b) Stealing a motorcar
(c) Driving recklessly
(d) Exceeding the speed limit
8. Which of these animals is NOT called "unsavory" by Rat?
9. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
(a) Locking him in his room
(b) Calling the police
(c) Offering to buy the motorcar
(d) Talking sternly to him
10. What lies beyond the Wild Wood?
(a) The Big City
(b) The Wide World
(c) The Great Beyond
(d) The Wet Ocean
11. What does Toad ask Rat to do for him?
(a) Fetch a doctor and a lawyer
(b) Make him an egg sandwich
(c) Bring him a cup of hot tea
(d) Let him take a walk outside
12. What offer does Mole make to Rat?
(a) To switch bunks so Rat can sleep better
(b) To help persuade Toad to return home
(c) To leave with him early in the morning
(d) To change jobs with him tomorrow
13. How does Rat describe Toad?
(a) Afraid of his own shadow
(b) Very tight with his money
(c) Modest and hardworking
(d) Boastful and conceited
14. Where did Mole cut himself?
(a) On his arm
(b) On his face
(c) On his shoulder
(d) On his leg
15. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
(a) His entire family
(b) A large basket of food
(c) Several woolen blankets
(d) A horse-drawn sledge
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
2. What animals do Rat and Mole see in the village?
3. What is Mole doing when the chapter starts?
4. What does Rat suggest doing after the accident?
5. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)