|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mole and Rat do their exploring with?
2. What new hobby does Toad take up by the end of the chapter?
3. Who gets the "dustiest job" in the expedition that Toad plans?
(c) The grey horse
4. Why can't Badger take action?
(a) It's winter right now
(b) It's impolite to act
(c) He has a broken leg
(d) No one listens to him
5. Where does Rat live?
(a) In the river bank
(b) By a hedgerow
(c) In the grassy meadow
(d) Under an oak tree
6. What are Rat and Mole doing when Badger knocks at their door?
(a) Sleeping in late
(b) Eating breakfast
(c) Painting a boat
(d) Mending fishing nets
7. What does Mr. Badger wear on his feet?
(a) Carpet slippers
(b) Sheepskin slippers
(c) Heavy leather boots
(d) Leather loafers
8. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
(a) His clear speaking voice
(b) His knowledge of the world
(c) His black velvet smoking jacket
(d) His excellent manners
9. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) Silver bells
(b) Sugar cookies
(c) A shepherd's crook
(d) A lantern
10. What do Mole and Badger do after luncheon?
(a) Go out to gather wood
(b) Play a game of chess
(c) Go for a tour of the house
(d) Discuss the joys of travel
11. What does Badger say when he comes in?
(a) Come follow me right now.
(b) Get off your duffs.
(c) The hour has come!
(d) It's Toad time!
12. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
(a) The bird
13. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
14. What word does the carol repeat several times?
15. What does Badger do when Toad defies him?
(a) Storms out of the house
(b) Locks him in his bedroom
(c) Growls and makes faces
(d) Wrestles him to the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
2. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
3. What does Toad refuse to promise?
4. One of the hedgehogs is named:
5. Rat compliments Mole's home for being:
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)