|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it when this chapter starts?
2. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) A shepherd's crook
(b) Sugar cookies
(c) A lantern
(d) Silver bells
3. What new hobby does Toad take up by the end of the chapter?
4. According to the carol, who were the first to "cry NOWELL?"
(a) The people in the village
(b) The animals in the stable
(c) The shepherds in the field
(d) The angels in the heavens
5. What does Badger do when Toad defies him?
(a) Locks him in his bedroom
(b) Growls and makes faces
(c) Storms out of the house
(d) Wrestles him to the ground
6. What do Mole and Badger do after luncheon?
(a) Go for a tour of the house
(b) Discuss the joys of travel
(c) Go out to gather wood
(d) Play a game of chess
7. Who sings a carol to Rat and Mole?
(a) One of the rabbits
(b) A group of field mice
(c) A pair of squirrels
(d) A group of tiny bunnies
8. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
(a) Hot cocoa
(b) Mulled ale
(c) Apple cider
(d) Spiced tea
9. What, according to Toad, is the sound of a motorcar horn?
10. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
(a) His black velvet smoking jacket
(b) His knowledge of the world
(c) His excellent manners
(d) His clear speaking voice
11. Who is the first animal that shows up during the picnic?
12. Why doesn't Rat to go visit Badger?
(a) Badger's house is uncomfortable
(b) He's afraid of the Badger
(c) Badger doesn't like company
(d) It's too far to walk
13. What offer does Mole make to Rat?
(a) To switch bunks so Rat can sleep better
(b) To leave with him early in the morning
(c) To help persuade Toad to return home
(d) To change jobs with him tomorrow
14. What does Mole fall in love with "at first sight?"
(a) Toad's new motorcar
(b) Toad's blue sailboat
(c) Toad's lovely house
(d) Toad's yellow wagon
15. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
(a) Mr. Toad has changed his mind
(b) Mr. Toad wants a different car
(c) Mr. Toad is busy right now
(d) Mr. Toad needs a long vacation
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
2. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
3. Where were the hedgehogs going when they got lost?
4. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
5. Where does Rat live?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)