|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
2. Where are the animals when they come out of Badger's tunnel?
(a) Close to Mr. Toad's house
(b) At the edge of the woods
(c) In the heart of the woods
(d) On the banks of the river
3. What does Toad do while his friends are working?
4. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
(a) He climbs up into an oak tree
(b) Underneath a blackberry bush
(c) In the hollow of a beech tree
(d) Behind a clump of tall grass
5. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
(a) He sees Mole's footprints leading into the woods
(b) He hears about it from a bird who saw Mole
(c) He remembers Mole talking about the woods
(d) He reads a note Mole left behind on the table
6. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
(a) His friend, Mr. Otter
(b) A first-aid kit
(c) A big stick and pistols
(d) A big luncheon basket
7. What happens when Mole rows the boat?
(a) He runs it into the bank
(b) Rat gets angry and scolds him
(c) It capsizes and sinks
(d) They get swept downstream
8. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
(a) Several woolen blankets
(b) A horse-drawn sledge
(c) A large basket of food
(d) His entire family
9. What is Mole doing when the chapter starts?
(a) Spring-cleaning his home
(b) Polishing his silver
(c) Planting his garden
(d) Doing his weekly baking
10. What has Mole never seen before this day?
(b) A river
(c) The sun
(d) A meadow
11. Why is Rat unhappy on the expedition?
(a) He misses the river and his home
(b) Toad gives him the tiresome chores
(c) The rabbits make fun of his clothes
(d) He feels tired from walking so long
12. What name was on the brass plate they uncovered?
(a) Mr. Badger
(b) Mr. Weasel
(c) Mr. Toad
(d) Mr. Rabbit
13. Toad has fits in which he:
(a) Threatens his friends with lawsuits
(b) Hops around the bedroom, screaming
(c) Begs his friends to let him drive
(d) Pretends that his chairs are a motorcar
14. What happens when Mole goes into the Wild Woods?
(a) He falls down a deep hole
(b) He gets lost in the woods
(c) It starts to snow very hard
(d) Somebody starts a forest fire
15. What does Toad refuse to promise?
(a) That he'll get insurance
(b) That he'll drive at a safe speed
(c) That he'll give up motorcars
(d) That he'll let the chauffer drive
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound frightens Mole in the woods?
2. The song that Rat sings in this chapter is about what?
3. What word does the carol repeat several times?
4. What season is it when this chapter starts?
5. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)