|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
(a) Staying at home all the time
(b) Being fond of Stilton cheese
(c) Spending his time on the river
(d) Having fur all over his body
2. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
(a) He's afraid that it will snow soon
(b) He has an appointment with Badger
(c) He thinks he left his door open
(d) He thinks there are weasels around
3. What do Mole and Badger do after luncheon?
(a) Play a game of chess
(b) Discuss the joys of travel
(c) Go for a tour of the house
(d) Go out to gather wood
4. What happens when Mole rows the boat?
(a) They get swept downstream
(b) Rat gets angry and scolds him
(c) He runs it into the bank
(d) It capsizes and sinks
5. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
6. What does Toad ask Rat to do for him?
(a) Bring him a cup of hot tea
(b) Make him an egg sandwich
(c) Fetch a doctor and a lawyer
(d) Let him take a walk outside
7. Which of these animals is NOT called "unsavory" by Rat?
8. One of the hedgehogs is named:
9. Which of these was NOT found in Mole's courtyard?
(a) An apple tree
(c) Wire baskets
10. What does Rat suggest doing after the accident?
(a) Demanding an apology from the driver
(b) Getting in touch with the insurance agent
(c) Lodging a complaint with the police
(d) Suing the driver for damages to the wagon
11. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
(a) A mouse
(b) A rabbit
(c) A swallow
(d) A chipmunk
12. What does Rat prepare for their supper?
(a) Cabbage soup and crackers
(b) Sardines and mustard
(c) Bread pudding and milk
(d) Ham and egg sandwiches
13. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Rat
(b) Mr. Mole
(c) Mr. Toad
(d) Mr. Otter
14. What is the first thing Rat and Mole do in Badger's home?
(a) Get warm by the fire.
(b) Find beds to sleep in.
(c) Tell about their adventure.
(d) Eat supper with Badger
15. What offer does Mole make to Rat?
(a) To leave with him early in the morning
(b) To change jobs with him tomorrow
(c) To switch bunks so Rat can sleep better
(d) To help persuade Toad to return home
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rat and Mole find when they dig?
2. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
3. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
4. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
5. What animals do Rat and Mole see in the village?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)