|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The entrance to Mole's home is:
(a) A red door
(b) A tunnel
(c) A wooden porch
(d) A small bridge
2. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
(a) His entire family
(b) A large basket of food
(c) A horse-drawn sledge
(d) Several woolen blankets
3. How do the animals get back to their homes?
(a) They walk all the way
(b) They hitch a ride
(c) They take a train
(d) They hire a motorcar
4. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
(a) They get hungry
(b) Rat is tired
(c) Rat gets lost
(d) Mole is tired
5. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
(a) He thinks he left his door open
(b) He's afraid that it will snow soon
(c) He thinks there are weasels around
(d) He has an appointment with Badger
6. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
(a) The Grey Goose
(b) The Red Lion
(c) The Black Swan
(d) The Pink Pig
7. What season is it when this chapter starts?
8. According to the carol, who were the first to "cry NOWELL?"
(a) The shepherds in the field
(b) The angels in the heavens
(c) The people in the village
(d) The animals in the stable
9. What is the first thing Rat and Mole do in Badger's home?
(a) Eat supper with Badger
(b) Find beds to sleep in.
(c) Tell about their adventure.
(d) Get warm by the fire.
10. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
(a) Locking him in his room
(b) Calling the police
(c) Talking sternly to him
(d) Offering to buy the motorcar
11. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
12. The song that Rat sings in this chapter is about what?
13. Toad appears wearing an overcoat, cap, gaiters, and:
(b) A helmet
(d) A scarf
14. What animals do Rat and Mole see in the village?
(a) A cat and a bird
(b) A family of mice
(c) A dog and a horse
(d) A pair of raccoons
15. What does Rat suggest doing after the accident?
(a) Lodging a complaint with the police
(b) Suing the driver for damages to the wagon
(c) Getting in touch with the insurance agent
(d) Demanding an apology from the driver
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
2. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
3. Where does Mole sleep that night?
4. What does Mole compare the river to?
5. How many years in jail is Toad sentenced to?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)