|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while they are stopped?
(a) Rat runs off
(b) Wild animals attack
(c) The snow falls
(d) Badger shows up
2. Toad has fits in which he:
(a) Pretends that his chairs are a motorcar
(b) Threatens his friends with lawsuits
(c) Hops around the bedroom, screaming
(d) Begs his friends to let him drive
3. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) Silver bells
(b) Sugar cookies
(c) A shepherd's crook
(d) A lantern
4. Why is Rat unhappy on the expedition?
(a) Toad gives him the tiresome chores
(b) He feels tired from walking so long
(c) The rabbits make fun of his clothes
(d) He misses the river and his home
5. Which animal in the Wild Wood does Rat like the best?
6. What does Toad ask Rat to do for him?
(a) Fetch a doctor and a lawyer
(b) Bring him a cup of hot tea
(c) Make him an egg sandwich
(d) Let him take a walk outside
7. According to the carol, who were the first to "cry NOWELL?"
(a) The animals in the stable
(b) The shepherds in the field
(c) The people in the village
(d) The angels in the heavens
8. How do the animals get back to their homes?
(a) They hitch a ride
(b) They take a train
(c) They hire a motorcar
(d) They walk all the way
9. How does Rat describe Toad?
(a) Very tight with his money
(b) Afraid of his own shadow
(c) Modest and hardworking
(d) Boastful and conceited
10. Where does Mole live?
(a) In a cottage
(b) On the river
(d) In a tree
11. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
12. Where is Rat when Mole goes into the woods?
(d) In town
13. Badger's home has many:
(a) Pretty windows
(b) Steep staircases
(c) Long tunnels
(d) Stone fireplaces
14. What does the phrase "make the acquaintance of" mean?
(a) Make fun of someone
(b) Draw a picture of
(c) Meet a new person
(d) Sell something to
15. Where does Mole hide in the woods?
(a) In the hollow of a beech tree
(b) He climbs up into an oak tree
(c) Underneath a blackberry bush
(d) Behind a clump of tall grass
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place Rat and Mole go?
2. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
3. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
4. What happens when Mole rows the boat?
5. What does Rat prepare for their supper?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)