|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a time, the seizures stop and Toad becomes:
2. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
(a) He thinks he left his door open
(b) He has an appointment with Badger
(c) He thinks there are weasels around
(d) He's afraid that it will snow soon
3. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
(a) A chipmunk
(b) A rabbit
(c) A mouse
(d) A swallow
4. What is Toad's favorite color?
5. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
(a) The Red Lion
(b) The Pink Pig
(c) The Grey Goose
(d) The Black Swan
6. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
(a) A big luncheon basket
(b) A big stick and pistols
(c) His friend, Mr. Otter
(d) A first-aid kit
7. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
8. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
(a) Apple pancakes
(b) Oatmeal porridge
(c) Buttered toast
(d) Eggs and bacon
9. What do Mole and Badger do after luncheon?
(a) Play a game of chess
(b) Discuss the joys of travel
(c) Go for a tour of the house
(d) Go out to gather wood
10. Badger's home has many:
(a) Long tunnels
(b) Pretty windows
(c) Steep staircases
(d) Stone fireplaces
11. What else is Badger wearing?
(a) A tattered nightshirt
(b) An old woolen sweater
(c) A long dressing-gown
(d) Black silk pajamas
12. What is the first thing Rat and Mole do in Badger's home?
(a) Tell about their adventure.
(b) Eat supper with Badger
(c) Find beds to sleep in.
(d) Get warm by the fire.
13. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
(a) Hot cocoa
(b) Spiced tea
(c) Apple cider
(d) Mulled ale
14. What happens when Mole goes into the Wild Woods?
(a) It starts to snow very hard
(b) Somebody starts a forest fire
(c) He gets lost in the woods
(d) He falls down a deep hole
15. Where does Rat live?
(a) Under an oak tree
(b) In the grassy meadow
(c) By a hedgerow
(d) In the river bank
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to the village for supplies?
2. What does Rat decide that Mole cut himself on?
3. What is the name of Mole's house?
4. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
5. What is Mole's opinion of the song?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)