|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mole sleep that night?
(a) On a sheepskin rug
(b) In a bunk bed
(c) In a feather bed
(d) On the couch
2. What happens when Mole goes into the Wild Woods?
(a) Somebody starts a forest fire
(b) He falls down a deep hole
(c) It starts to snow very hard
(d) He gets lost in the woods
3. What did Badger learn this morning?
(a) Toad has finally woken up
(b) Toad has lost all his money
(c) Toad has run away to the city
(d) Toad has bought a new motorcar
4. How do the animals get back to their homes?
(a) They hire a motorcar
(b) They walk all the way
(c) They take a train
(d) They hitch a ride
5. Where does Rat live?
(a) In the grassy meadow
(b) By a hedgerow
(c) Under an oak tree
(d) In the river bank
6. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) A lantern
(b) A shepherd's crook
(c) Sugar cookies
(d) Silver bells
7. The first thing Rat and Mole do in the house is:
(a) Cook some supper
(b) Dust off the table
(c) Build a fire
(d) Air out the blankets
8. What sound frightens Mole in the woods?
9. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
10. How many motorcars have been smashed up so far?
11. What color is Rat?
12. What does the phrase "make the acquaintance of" mean?
(a) Sell something to
(b) Draw a picture of
(c) Make fun of someone
(d) Meet a new person
13. What mode of transportation does Rat use?
(a) He rides a bicycle with red wheels
(b) He uses a big, shiny green motorcar
(c) He has a carriage in his stable
(d) He has a tiny blue and white boat
14. What happens while they are stopped?
(a) The snow falls
(b) Wild animals attack
(c) Badger shows up
(d) Rat runs off
15. Who do the animals discuss?
(a) Mr. Toad
(b) Mr. Mole
(c) Mr. Rat
(d) Mr. Otter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mole fall in love with "at first sight?"
2. How long does it take Rat to find Mole?
3. What does Badger tell the chauffeur?
4. What else is Badger wearing?
5. How does Rat describe Toad?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)