|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
2. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
3. Who sings a carol to Rat and Mole?
(a) A group of field mice
(b) A pair of squirrels
(c) One of the rabbits
(d) A group of tiny bunnies
4. What does Rat compliment Mole on?
(a) His clear speaking voice
(b) His excellent manners
(c) His black velvet smoking jacket
(d) His knowledge of the world
5. Where does Mole live?
(b) In a tree
(c) In a cottage
(d) On the river
6. What, according to Badger, used to be where the Wild Woods is now?
(a) A volcano with two peaks
(b) A lake filled with fish
(c) A city filled with people
(d) A larger, wilder woods
7. What offer does Mole make to Rat?
(a) To switch bunks so Rat can sleep better
(b) To leave with him early in the morning
(c) To change jobs with him tomorrow
(d) To help persuade Toad to return home
8. Who is the first animal that shows up during the picnic?
9. What does Rat bring with him when he meets Mole?
(a) A fiddle in a case
(b) A bag full of books
(c) A welcoming gift
(d) A picnic basket
10. What happens while they are stopped?
(a) Wild animals attack
(b) Badger shows up
(c) Rat runs off
(d) The snow falls
11. Who does Mole ask Rat to introduce him to?
(c) The ducks
12. Toad appears wearing an overcoat, cap, gaiters, and:
(a) A helmet
(d) A scarf
13. Where does Rat live?
(a) By a hedgerow
(b) In the grassy meadow
(c) Under an oak tree
(d) In the river bank
14. What mode of transportation does Rat use?
(a) He has a tiny blue and white boat
(b) He rides a bicycle with red wheels
(c) He uses a big, shiny green motorcar
(d) He has a carriage in his stable
15. How does Rat describe Toad?
(a) Boastful and conceited
(b) Afraid of his own shadow
(c) Very tight with his money
(d) Modest and hardworking
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
2. Why doesn't Rat want to stop when Mole asks him?
3. What does Toad ask Rat to do for him?
4. What do Mole and Badger do after luncheon?
5. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)