|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mole and Rat do their exploring with?
2. How, according to Rat, should small animals always travel in the Wild Woods?
(a) By car
(b) In pairs
(c) With a stick
(d) By flying
3. The first thing Rat and Mole do in the house is:
(a) Cook some supper
(b) Build a fire
(c) Dust off the table
(d) Air out the blankets
4. What else is Badger wearing?
(a) A tattered nightshirt
(b) An old woolen sweater
(c) Black silk pajamas
(d) A long dressing-gown
5. What does the field-mouse bring back to the house?
(a) A horse-drawn sledge
(b) His entire family
(c) A large basket of food
(d) Several woolen blankets
6. What is the first thing Rat and Mole do in Badger's home?
(a) Get warm by the fire.
(b) Tell about their adventure.
(c) Eat supper with Badger
(d) Find beds to sleep in.
7. What does Badger do when he shows up?
(a) Leaves immediately after seeing Mole
(b) Eats up all the ham sandwiches
(c) Drinks a cup of tea, then leaves
(d) Tells a long story about the Wild Wood
8. Badger's home has many:
(a) Steep staircases
(b) Stone fireplaces
(c) Pretty windows
(d) Long tunnels
9. What has Mole never seen before this day?
(a) A meadow
(b) The sun
(d) A river
10. Which of these is one of Rat's hobbies?
(a) Baking cookies
(b) Traveling in wagons
(c) Writing poetry
(d) Painting pictures
11. The entrance to Mole's home is:
(a) A small bridge
(b) A wooden porch
(c) A red door
(d) A tunnel
12. What hobby has Mr. Toad tired of?
13. Besides the beds, what is in the bedroom that Rat and Mole sleep in?
(a) Two young hedgehogs
(b) Several rolled-up carpets
(c) Badger's winter stores
(d) Stacks of books
14. What part of Toad's sentence carried the heaviest penalty?
(a) Exceeding the speed limit
(b) Driving recklessly
(c) Stealing a motorcar
(d) Cheeking the police
15. What does Mole's entrance smell like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
2. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
3. What mode of transportation does Rat use?
4. What animal warns Mole to "Get out of this?"
5. What keeps the field-mouse from reciting his part in the play?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)