|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Rat and Mole stop on the way home?
(a) Rat is tired
(b) Mole is tired
(c) They get hungry
(d) Rat gets lost
2. What happens when Mole rows the boat?
(a) They get swept downstream
(b) He runs it into the bank
(c) Rat gets angry and scolds him
(d) It capsizes and sinks
3. What, according to Toad, is the sound of a motorcar horn?
4. What do Mole and Badger do after luncheon?
(a) Discuss the joys of travel
(b) Play a game of chess
(c) Go out to gather wood
(d) Go for a tour of the house
5. Why doesn't Rat to go visit Badger?
(a) He's afraid of the Badger
(b) Badger doesn't like company
(c) It's too far to walk
(d) Badger's house is uncomfortable
6. Where did Mole cut himself?
(a) On his face
(b) On his leg
(c) On his shoulder
(d) On his arm
7. One of the carolers is carrying:
(a) A shepherd's crook
(b) Silver bells
(c) Sugar cookies
(d) A lantern
8. According to the carol, who were the first to "cry NOWELL?"
(a) The angels in the heavens
(b) The people in the village
(c) The animals in the stable
(d) The shepherds in the field
9. What are Rat and Mole doing when Badger knocks at their door?
(a) Mending fishing nets
(b) Eating breakfast
(c) Painting a boat
(d) Sleeping in late
10. The first thing Rat and Mole do in the house is:
(a) Dust off the table
(b) Cook some supper
(c) Build a fire
(d) Air out the blankets
11. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
(a) The bird
12. Where are the animals when they come out of Badger's tunnel?
(a) In the heart of the woods
(b) On the banks of the river
(c) Close to Mr. Toad's house
(d) At the edge of the woods
13. What does Mole compare the river to?
(a) A storyteller telling secrets
(b) A banquet for the senses
(c) A friendly child on a sunny day
(d) A long, chattering snake
14. What is Mole doing when the chapter starts?
(a) Polishing his silver
(b) Doing his weekly baking
(c) Spring-cleaning his home
(d) Planting his garden
15. What lies beyond the Wild Wood?
(a) The Great Beyond
(b) The Big City
(c) The Wide World
(d) The Wet Ocean
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the animals feels uncomfortable in Badger's house?
2. Who gets the "dustiest job" in the expedition that Toad plans?
3. What does Rat take with him into the woods?
4. What do Mole and Rat prepare for the carolers?
5. What does Badger do when he shows up?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)