|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the inn that Toad stops at to eat?
(a) The Grey Goose
(b) The Black Swan
(c) The Pink Pig
(d) The Red Lion
2. What does Mole fall in love with "at first sight?"
(a) Toad's blue sailboat
(b) Toad's lovely house
(c) Toad's yellow wagon
(d) Toad's new motorcar
3. What animals do Rat and Mole see in the village?
(a) A dog and a horse
(b) A pair of raccoons
(c) A cat and a bird
(d) A family of mice
4. Who gets the angriest at the careless motorcar driver?
(c) The bird
5. Who do Otter and Rat make fun of?
6. What are the hedgehogs eating when Rat and Mole see them in the kitchen?
(a) Eggs and bacon
(b) Buttered toast
(c) Apple pancakes
(d) Oatmeal porridge
7. What does Badger do when Toad defies him?
(a) Storms out of the house
(b) Locks him in his bedroom
(c) Wrestles him to the ground
(d) Growls and makes faces
8. What is Mr. Toad's new hobby?
9. What lies beyond the Wild Wood?
(a) The Great Beyond
(b) The Wide World
(c) The Wet Ocean
(d) The Big City
10. What is the name of Mole's house?
(a) Mole End
(b) Mole's Hole
(c) The Molery
(d) The Burrow
11. What does Mr. Toad make fun of Rat about?
(a) Staying at home all the time
(b) Spending his time on the river
(c) Being fond of Stilton cheese
(d) Having fur all over his body
12. What offer does Mole make to Rat?
(a) To leave with him early in the morning
(b) To switch bunks so Rat can sleep better
(c) To change jobs with him tomorrow
(d) To help persuade Toad to return home
13. What does Rat suggest doing after the accident?
(a) Demanding an apology from the driver
(b) Lodging a complaint with the police
(c) Suing the driver for damages to the wagon
(d) Getting in touch with the insurance agent
14. What tactic does Badger try first with Toad?
(a) Calling the police
(b) Offering to buy the motorcar
(c) Locking him in his room
(d) Talking sternly to him
15. What does Badger say when he comes in?
(a) Come follow me right now.
(b) It's Toad time!
(c) Get off your duffs.
(d) The hour has come!
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mole and Rat do their exploring with?
2. What does Toad ask Rat to do for him?
3. What does Rat do after luncheon?
4. How does Rat know that Mole has gone into the woods?
5. Why doesn't Rat to go visit Badger?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)