1. Why does Mole leave his home in this chapter?
He hears something calling him to go enjoy the spring weather.
2. How does Mole react to being in the open air after leaving his home?
He is overjoyed by the sunshine and soft breezes.
3. How does Mole get across the river?
Rat takes him across in his boat.
4. Describe Mole's character.
Mole is restless, shy and polite. He is almost like a child.
5. Describe Rat's character.
Rat is more outgoing than Mole, but also polite. He has excellent taste.
6. What does Rat tell Mole about the Wide World?
That he's never been there, and has no reason to go there, and that it doesn't matter to animals like himself and Mole.
7. How has Mole changed after living with Rat for a few weeks?
He's more comfortable with boating and can row without capsizing the boat.
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)