1. What is Mole doing when the chapter starts?
(a) Polishing his silver
(b) Spring-cleaning his home
(c) Doing his weekly baking
(d) Planting his garden
2. Where does Mole live?
(a) In a tree
(c) In a cottage
(d) On the river
3. The entrance to Mole's home is:
(a) A small bridge
(b) A red door
(c) A tunnel
(d) A wooden porch
4. What has Mole never seen before this day?
(a) The sun
(b) A meadow
(d) A river
5. What does Mole compare the river to?
(a) A banquet for the senses
(b) A storyteller telling secrets
(c) A friendly child on a sunny day
(d) A long, chattering snake
6. Where does Rat live?
(a) In the river bank
(b) Under an oak tree
(c) By a hedgerow
(d) In the grassy meadow
7. What color is Rat?
8. What mode of transportation does Rat use?
(a) He uses a big, shiny green motorcar
(b) He has a tiny blue and white boat
(c) He rides a bicycle with red wheels
(d) He has a carriage in his stable
This section contains 3,632 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)