Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter I Abstract
* Mole stops spring-cleaning in order to explore.
* Mole sees a river for the first time.
* Rat invites Mole to a picnic.
* Mole capsizes the boat, trying to row.
Chapter II Abstract
* Rat introduces Mole to Mr. Toad.
* Rat and Mole go traveling with Toad in his wagon.
* The wagon is destroyed in a...
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)