|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Willow accidentally hurts Isabelle with a ___________.
2. What does Willow do when she finds a reminder not from her mother?
3. What is the weather like when Willow goes to her parents' house?
4. How long has it been since David has seen the person who interrupts him and Willow on the street?
5. What does David say when Willow comes to him while he is crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Willow after she finds a note from her mother?
2. What is the first thing David says to Willow when she comes in while he is crying?
3. Why does Willow feel like she can tell Guy all her deepest feelings?
4. Why does Willow want David to blame her for her parents' death?
5. Where does Willow stop on the way to her childhood home, and why?
6. What is so surprising to Willow when she begins talking to Markie?
7. What does Willow's conversation with Markie prepare her to do?
8. What does Willow do when she wakes up in the early morning after her babysitting experience?
9. Why does Guy take Willow out to lunch instead of going inside the childhood home?
10. What is Willow anticipating when she and David are interrupted on the street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
How is the time line of this plot different than most books, and how did it affect the tone and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How did Willow and David differ in their response to the death of their parents, and why?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)