|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willow go when she learns she failed a quiz?
2. Why is David in town when Willow bumps into him?
3. What is Willow's greatest fear?
4. Who wrote The Tempest?
5. What keeps Willow from cutting herself in the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willow deal with the grief of her parent's death?
2. How does Willow feel when she sees guy with Laurie?
3. What does Willow tell David when he asks about her and Guy?
4. How does Willow meet Guy?
5. What is the significance of Tristes Tropiques?
6. What is Willow's recurring nightmare?
7. Why does Willow throw a book at Guy in the library?
8. How did Guy know Willow's father?
9. What does Willow usually do when she is in public and can't cut herself?
10. When does David express the sadness he feels at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Julia Hoban have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Andy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)