|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willow think the kids around her whisper about?
2. What does Willow mention to her brother that makes him upset with her?
3. Why is Guy so confused when he causes Willow to bleed?
4. How does Guy look when he sees Willow's razor blades?
5. How does Willow know Guy never wanted to hurt her by asking for her father's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willow do when she wakes from her nightmare after getting Guy's phone number?
2. What does Guy say when he gives Willow his phone number?
3. How does David react when he hears that Willow met Guy?
4. How did Guy know Willow's father?
5. How does Guy react to getting a gift from Willow?
6. What causes Guy to start talking about Kuala Lumpur?
7. How does Willow meet Guy?
8. What does Willow usually do when she is in public and can't cut herself?
9. What makes Willow want to cut herself in the book store?
10. How does Willow deal with the grief of her parent's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Willow and David differ in their response to the death of their parents, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)