|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What store is Willow at when she bumps into her brother?
2. How does Willow describe Laurie and Chloe when she sees them cutting school?
3. Why does Willow think she could be friends with the red headed girl?
4. Where does Guy run to after seeing Willow's razor blades?
5. What does Willow have the urge to do while talking with Guy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willow think the kids at school are always whispering about her?
2. What is Willow's recurring nightmare?
3. What causes Willow to run over to Adrian, Laurie and Guy, and how is this strange for Willow?
4. Why does Willow throw a book at Guy in the library?
5. What makes Willow want to cut herself in the book store?
6. What does Willow usually do when she is in public and can't cut herself?
7. What does Guy say when he gives Willow his phone number?
8. How is David showing signs of avoidance?
9. How did Willow get her job?
10. What does Willow do when she wakes from her nightmare after getting Guy's phone number?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
How is the time line of this plot different than most books, and how did it affect the tone and progression of the plot?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)