|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will leave school in Chapter 15?
2. What does will say when he's asked out on a date in Chapter 12?
3. What does Will realize as he's listening to Tiny talk about will in Chapter 11?
4. How much of the story about meeting Isaac does will tell his mother?
5. What present does tiny give will's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is will nervous about tiny coming to dinner?
2. What reaction does Will's mom have when he tells her he is gay?
3. What does Will tell his mother after he absorbs her reaction to the news that he is gay?
4. How does dinner with will, tiny, and will's mother go?
5. What does tiny speak to maura about during his trip to will's school?
6. Why does Tiny pick up Will so early in the beginning of Chapter 13?
7. What does Will come to realize he cares about toward the end of Chapter 16?
8. What does Will tell his mom about Maura in Chapter 12?
9. What does Will think when he learns that Jane is not in school in Chapter 13?
10. What is the biggest difference in the home life between Will and will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a well-written essay, discuss what function Will's parents serves in "Will Grayson, WIll Grayson."
Essay Topic 2
Contrast one scene in "Will Grayson, WIll Grayson" that borders the line of believability with one scene that is completely believable. What is different in each? What does Green do in one scene that makes it believable that he does not do (or that he does not do as well) in the scene that is less believable?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three literary devices that Green uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)