|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Tiny give Will for waking him up in Chapter 13?
2. How does will react to Maura when she wants to talk to him?
3. How does Will get home after his conversation with Jane at the end of Chapter 9?
4. During their car ride, what does Tiny tell Will he realizes the play must be about?
5. Why does Tiny change the name to the play to "Hold Me Closer"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will come to realize he cares about toward the end of Chapter 16?
2. What does Will tell his mom about Isaac in Chapter 12?
3. What is the biggest difference in the home life between Will and will?
4. How does Will react to his mother's reaction when he tells her he is gay?
5. Why does Will compare himself to his old stuffed prairie dog, Marvin, in Chapter 13?
6. What does Will seem to believe about love in Chapter 10?
7. Why does Tiny stop talking to Will in Chapter 12?
8. What does Maura say as she tries to explain what she did to Will with the creation of Isaac in Chapter 12?
9. What happens when Will tries to find a way home after talking with Jane in Chapter 9?
10. What does Will tell his mother after he absorbs her reaction to the news that he is gay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Will Grayson's rules for life are 1) Don't care too much; and 2) Shut up. Do these rules serve him well throughout the story of "Will Grayson, WIll Grayson" OR do they work toward his disadvantage? Make sure you use direct evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Is the reaction of the audience at the end of Tiny's musical realistic or not? Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three literary techniques Green uses to make one character of your choosing from the "Will Grayson, WIll Grayson" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)