|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to warn his mother about Tiny's size, Will Grayson tells her that he is roughly the shape of what state?
2. Tiny announces to Will Grayson 1 in Chapter 13 that he has rewritten his musical to be about what topic?
3. To what location do Tiny and Will Grayson 2 travel in order to avail themselves of a swing set?
4. From whom does Will Grayson 2 receive a text that makes Tiny jealous?
5. When Jane and Will Grayson 1 meet and agree to be friends, they discuss which physicist?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Will Grayson 1 liken himself to Marvin?
2. During Tiny and Will Grayson 2's talk on the swing set, Tiny tells Will Grayson 2 that just once, he would like to what?
3. As Will Grayson 2 and Tiny make out for the first time, Tiny takes breaks to take what action?
4. What is it about the aftermath of Tiny's insult to Will Grayson 1 that makes Will Grayson 1 start to cry?
5. What action caused Will Grayson 1 and Tiny to get thrown out of their Little League team as kids?
6. What emotion of Will Grayson 1's underlies his comparison of Tiny to a moon?
7. Describe a piece of evidence for the claim that Will Grayson 2 and his mother have a close relationship.
8. What does the stuffed prairie dog named Marvin symbolize within the novel?
9. For what reason does Will Grayson 2 break up with Tiny?
10. What special times have Will Grayson 1 and Tiny spent together in the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a critical essay about Will Grayson, Will Grayson while using the critical power theory lens of Marxist theory. Use textual evidence to back up your strong, specific claim regarding the novel's treatment of issues such as socioeconomic status, hierarchies, wealth, class, or any other issues related to Marxist theory that can be found in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explicate the theme of personal silence within Will Grayson, Will Grayson. What are Green and Levithan’s messages regarding silence and how do you know?
Essay Topic 3
William Faulkner once famously claimed that the most important literature deals with the subject of the human heart in conflict with itself. Explain how the theme of Human versus Self is demonstrated within Green and Levithan’s novel Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Create a decisive, arguable claim and prove it with quotes from the novel.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)