|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comparison do Will and will make about their lives when they learn about the other person?
2. How much time does Will spend picking out clothes for his first meeting with Isaac?
3. What sports jersey is Tiny wearing when the novel opens?
4. How old is the other will grayson who Will meets?
5. How does Will feel about his father's request to speak with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Will's two rules for living?
2. How does Will react to Maura when she confesses to being Isaac?
3. What is will's friend, Tiny, like?
4. What happens during Will's mother's attempt to talk with him as he gets ready for school in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Will so bored when Chapter 5 opens?
6. How do Isaac and Will classify their relationship when Isaac is first introduced in Chapter 2?
7. Why is Will so eager to get Tiny home quickly after they leave the Hideout in Chapter 1?
8. How are the two Will Graysons differentiated in the text?
9. Why does Will make a point not to have Tiny be his one and only friend?
10. What annoying behavior of Maura's becomes clear once Will learns that she made up Isaac?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least four aspects of "Will Grayson, WIll Grayson" that can easily be carried over into a second novel in a series about the characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Will Grayson's rules for life are 1) Don't care too much; and 2) Shut up. Do these rules serve him well throughout the story of "Will Grayson, WIll Grayson" OR do they work toward his disadvantage? Make sure you use direct evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
In a well-written essay, discuss whether or not "Will Grayson, WIll Grayson" perpetuates stereotypes about gay teenagers. Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your position.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)