• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: John Green and David Levithan. Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Penguin Group, 2010. Print.
• In Chapter 1, Will Grayson (Narrator 1, who will be referred to as Will Grayson 1 in this study guide) reflects on his friend Tiny Cooper, whom he describes as very large and gay.
• Will Grayson 1's father told him when he was little, “You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose” (3).
• Will Grayson 1 accepts this statement because he believes that he would not have chosen Tiny as his friend.
• This is because Will Grayson 1 tries to remain as invisible as possible as he goes about his life, while Tiny does just the opposite.
• Will Grayson 1 tells the reader that he has two rules: "Don't care too much" and "Shut up" (4).
This section contains 4,175 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)