|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morrison compare the beak of the vulture to? (Poem 4-"Jamaica")
2. What kind of tires did the people in the poem (Poem 2-"Village Tapes") ride on out of the airport?
3. In poem 4,"Jamaica", what did the principal hold?
(a) His nose.
(b) His eyes shut.
(c) His ears.
(d) His stomach.
4. Who, according to the second poem in the "Village Tapes" section, was hungry for steel?
(a) "We" were.
(b) The sea.
5. What did Morrison call blessed, in the first poem in the section "Jamaica"?
(a) The life.
(b) The hope.
(c) The children.
(d) The night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of terror were "we" in by the hollow bush? (Poem 2- "Drywater")
2. What were the "great beasts" suffering from in the eleventh poem from the "Village Tapes" section?
3. What did the girl in black search for in her car? (Poem 5- "Drywater")
4. When did "we" awake? (Poem 2-"Drywater")
5. How did the "Jamaica" section end?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the first poem from "The Village Tapes" section, what state is the world in?
2. In the second poem from the "Drywater" section, what did Morrison say was happening in the schoolyard?
3. In the fourth poem of the "Drywater" section, what did Morrison claim he was not?
4. What is happening in the poem "Cassandra at the Well"?
5. In the poem that began "Blessings", what is Morrison asking readers to do?
6. In the ninth poem from the "Village Tapes" section, who is Morrison looking for?
7. What did Morrison say mated? ("Drywater")
8. In the first poem of the section titled "Drywater", how did Morrison describe the night?
9. Why did Morrison claim that "I deserve this" at the end of the final poem from the "Drywater" section?
10. Why did Morrison ask for forgiveness from Blacks? (Poem 3- "Villages Tapes")
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)