|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the third poem in the section "Drywater", what wasted and swayed forever?
(a) The child mesmerized by flight.
(b) The trees.
(c) The drunk on the highway.
(d) The child almost hit by a car.
2. In poem one, "Drywater" section, what did Morrison say went down drains?
(a) Drills and water.
(b) Memories and the future.
(c) Birds and their shadows.
(d) Hopes and dreams.
3. How did Morrison describe the pictures of the boxing match? (Poem 2-"Jamaica")
(a) "Period prints".
(b) "Unrealistic reality".
(c) "A beating of reverse".
(d) "Off-color prints".
4. Where did the people in the poem think they might be? (Poem 2- "Village Tapes")
(b) New York.
5. Where was liquor made to flow from? (Poem 13- "Village Tapes")
(c) He was not sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Morrison describe the land on the schoolyard? (Poem 2- "Drywater")
2. What was behind the nursery door? (Poem 5-"Jamaica")
3. What did Morrison describe as having a "cold white neon bosom"? (Poem 4-"Jamaica")
4. What did "we" do to send "our" gift into the vast promise? (Poem 2- "Village Tapes")
5. In the fifth poem, from the section "Village Tapes", what was claimed to be real?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Morrison claim that he had to leave? ("Jamaica")
2. In the second poem of the "Village Tapes" section, Morrison claimed that pilots are a problem. Why?
3. In the poem that began "Blessings", what is Morrison asking readers to do?
4. In the first poem of the section titled "Drywater", how did Morrison describe the night?
5. In the ninth poem from the "Village Tapes" section, who is Morrison looking for?
6. Who did Morrison describe in the poem "Jamaica"?
7. Morrison described the appearance of the the inhabitants of the island. How did Morrison describe the appearance of the men and women? ("Jamaica")
8. What message did Morrison claim was being sent at the end of the fourth poem in the "Drywater" section?
9. Why did Morrison have the principal of the school holding his nose? ("Jamaica")
10. In the second poem from the "Drywater" section, what did Morrison say was happening in the schoolyard?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)