|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Power", what color were the cars that Morrison made go away?
2. What kind of dream was stated as being "mad stifled witness"? ("Ode to LA" )
3. How did Morrison say that he hoped his friend, who died in the pool, "went out"?
4. Where did Morrison think some learned about Satan from?
(a) From their priest.
(b) From a box.
(c) From the first time they had sex.
(d) From their father.
5. How did Morrison describe the pool that the man died in?
(a) Hot buttered.
(b) Sulfor infested.
(c) Blue abyss.
(d) Green vanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Morrison say that poetry appealed to him?
2. Who is "Wilderness" dedicated to?
3. What was Morrison's name?
4. How did Morrison describe the night in the poem that started "In that year"?
5. What was the first poem that Morrison wrote?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the poem that began "Why does my mind circle around you", what did Morrison say was wrong with the dog?
2. How did Morrison, in "Ode to LA", state that Jones "went out"?
3. What did Morrison ask of the bird of prey? (In the poem that began "Bird of prey, Bird of prey")
4. Who is Ophelia in the poem "Ode to LA"?
5. How did Morrison state Jones' body looked when the gardener found it?
6. What did Morrison state happened to the angel man in the poem "Ode to LA"?
7. Why did Morrison state that poetry meant so much to him?
8. In the poem that began "Moonshine night", what were the "young folk" doing?
9. What did Morrison state that the "ancient ones" wanted? (In the poem that began "A vast and radiant beach & a cool")
10. In the poem that began "Well I'll tell you a story of whiskey", what did Morrison say about how the "whole thing began"?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)