|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prisoner, in "Moment of Freedom", compared to in the poem?
(a) A lion.
(b) A mole.
(c) A bird.
(d) A child.
2. What did Morrison say the body would be carried up through to heaven?("Ode to LA")
(a) Lyrics of the soul.
(b) Waves of sound.
(c) Halls of music.
(d) Ghosts of music's future.
3. According to the "Wilderness" dedication, what is milk compared to?
4. How did Morrison describe himself in the woods? (From the poem that began with "Moonshine night")
5. Who did Morrison state were his heroes?
(a) Singers and songwriters.
(c) Artists and writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Morrison's "Ode to LA" dedicated to?
2. According to the Prologue, what was the purpose of real poetry?
3. How did Morrison describe the young child's mind? (From the poem that began "Bird of prey")
4. What was the first poem that Morrison wrote?
5. In "Power", what color were the cars that Morrison made go away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Morrison, in "Ode to LA", state that Jones "went out"?
2. Why did Morrison state that poetry meant so much to him?
3. In the poem "Ode to LA", what did Morrison state was going to happen to Jones' body?
4. In the poem "Power", what did Morrison claim that he could do? (Name three things).
5. How did Morrison describe the girl in "Orange County Suite"?
6. What did Morrison state happened to the savages in the poem "Ode to LA"?
7. What were the different ways that Morrison referred to Jones in "Ode to LA"?
8. How did Morrison state Jones' body looked when the gardener found it?
9. What did Morrison state was the aim of his poetry?
10. What happened at the beginning of the poem "Ode to LA"?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)