|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Ode to LA" , who claimed "this benevolent soul"?
(a) The oppressed.
(b) The smiling God.
(c) The Demon of Hate.
(d) The angel man.
2. What was the first poem that Morrison wrote?
(b) "Life in School".
(c) "The Pony Express".
(d) "The Bear".
3. What did Morrison say was a child's first moment of freedom?
(a) When they were able to speak.
(b) The first time a child crossed the street alone.
(c) A first trip away from home.
(d) When their mother quit breast-feeding.
4. From the poem that began "Why does my mind circle around you", what did Morrison say wondered what it was like to be "you"?
(d) No one.
5. How did Morrison describe the man who died in the pool-in regard to him being a muse?
(a) A silken shod muse.
(b) A damask musky muse.
(c) A bloated risen muse.
(d) A waxy sullen muse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were "we" drawn down from? (From the poem that started "In that year")
2. Where was Morrison when he described the night as a "moonshine night"? (From the poem that began with "Moonshine night")
3. What did Morrison wonder about the drowned man when he was carried up to heaven?
4. How did Morrison describe the night in the poem that started "In that year"?
5. In "Ode to LA", where did Morrison want the man found in the pool to do his dive at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the different ways that Morrison referred to Jones in "Ode to LA"?
2. According to Morrison, what does "real poetry" do?
3. In the poem beginning "A man rakes leaves into", what happened as the smell of burning leaves filled the air?
4. In the poem that began "Well I'll tell you a story of whiskey", what did Morrison say about how the "whole thing began"?
5. What did Morrison say about the elimination of "space fillers" in an interview?
6. In the poem that began "Moonshine night", what were the "young folk" doing?
7. What did Morrison, in the poem "Ode to LA", say existed in "meat heaven"?
8. What did Morrison state happened to the savages in the poem "Ode to LA"?
9. In the poem that began "An angel runs", what happened when the angel ran?
10. How did Morrison, in "Ode to LA", state that Jones "went out"?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)