|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the third poem in the section "Drywater", what wasted and swayed forever?
(a) The trees.
(b) The child almost hit by a car.
(c) The drunk on the highway.
(d) The child mesmerized by flight.
2. What was described as consisting of "organic gears"? (Poem 1-"Drywater")
(a) His mind.
(b) The earth.
(c) His bed.
(d) The universe.
3. What did the woman, in the third poem in the section titled "Drywater", take with her when she left?
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Silver coins.
4. What made wine? (Poem 15- "Village Tapes")
(a) The sun.
(d) The night.
5. What did the girl in black search for in her car? (Poem 5- "Drywater")
6. Who did the woman beg to marry her? (Poem 3- "Drywater")
(a) The King of Beasts.
(b) The master of sound.
(c) The writer of poetry.
(d) The spider-king.
7. According to the first poem in the "Village Tapes" section, who lied?
(a) The trees.
(b) No one.
(c) The birds.
(d) All the world.
8. What was described as "mating deep in the Western night"? (Poem 1-"Drywater")
(a) Men and women.
(b) Masters and slaves.
(c) Sand and moon.
(d) Lions and dogs.
9. What was ending at the schoolyard in the second poem in the "Drywater" section?
(b) The school year.
(c) The school day.
(d) Play rehearsal.
10. What was the brain filled with? (Poem 1- "Drywater)
11. How did the "Jamaica" section end?
(a) "Boom Boom."
(b) "Oh no."
(d) "Close your eyes."
12. What did Morrison describe the "Church of God" as existing as? (From question: "What is that church like?")
(a) Masks of reality.
(b) White bandanas and white tambourines.
(c) House of hidden truths.
(d) Worship place for the strong.
13. How did Morrison describe the "couplings out in the night", in the fourth poem from the section titled "Jamaica"?
14. What, in the poem beginning "The Endless quest a vigil", state would be missed?
(a) "Nothing at all".
(b) "Everything but each other".
(c) "All that we have missed".
(d) "Nothing but each other".
15. From the first poem in the section named "Jamaica", the hour of "what" ended?
(a) The wolf.
(b) The lion.
(c) The dog.
(d) The flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem that began "I fell on the earth", what seats were the people described as sleek and fat buckled into?
2. Where did Morrison say, in the first poem of the "Drywater" section, say that men assembled at to create armies and find foes to fight?
3. How many drops of rain suffice when "one is not deluged by rain"? (Poem 4- "Drywater")
4. What did the men, described by Morrison, wear in the poem? (Poem 1- "Jamaica")
5. What did "we" do to send "our" gift into the vast promise? (Poem 2- "Village Tapes")
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)