|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In poem two, of the section "Jamaica", where are the Major's boots?
(a) Where he left them.
(b) By the sink.
(c) By the highway.
(d) In the shed.
2. From the first poem in the section named "Jamaica", the hour of "what" ended?
(a) The flower.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The lion.
(d) The dog.
3. Where did Morrison say, in the first poem of the "Drywater" section, say that men assembled at to create armies and find foes to fight?
(a) The pool hall.
(b) The pier at the beach.
(c) Around the fire.
(d) The men's room.
4. What did "we" do to send "our" gift into the vast promise? (Poem 2- "Village Tapes")
5. What did Morrison describe as having a "cold white neon bosom"? (Poem 4-"Jamaica")
(c) His lover.
6. What was created when the phone rang at the end of the poem whose first line was "Argue w/breath")?
7. How many drops of rain suffice when "one is not deluged by rain"? (Poem 4- "Drywater")
(d) A million.
8. Who did the speaker in the poem "Blessings" ask forgiveness from?
9. Who was the "deaf witness on the bank" compared to? (Poem 4-"Drywater")
(c) Morrison's father.
10. In the poem "Cassandra at the Well", what did Morrison say was happening?
(a) He was pushing his lover down the well.
(b) He was wishing for life.
(c) He was dying.
(d) He was throwing all of his money away.
11. What was described as consisting of "organic gears"? (Poem 1-"Drywater")
(a) His mind.
(b) The universe.
(c) The earth.
(d) His bed.
12. What kind of terror were "we" in by the hollow bush? (Poem 2- "Drywater")
13. What was left "shaken in the gloom"? (Poem 3-"Drywater)
(a) The children.
(c) The concert hall.
(d) The birds.
14. How did Morrison describe the "couplings out in the night", in the fourth poem from the section titled "Jamaica"?
15. In the poem "Silence of Night", what is described as being in the "starry night"?
(a) The waning moon.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A bird.
(d) An airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem that began "I fell on the earth", what seats were the people described as sleek and fat buckled into?
2. What did Morrison name the boxing match at the end of the poem? (Poem 2-"Jamaica")
3. What was ending at the schoolyard in the second poem in the "Drywater" section?
4. At the end of the second poem in the "Drywater" section, who was described as "winning"?
5. In poem one, "Drywater" section, what did Morrison say went down drains?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)