|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morrison name the boxing match at the end of the poem? (Poem 2-"Jamaica")
(a) "A Consistant Battle".
(b) "A Blip in Life".
(c) "A Fight of Fear".
(d) "A Negro Dance".
2. What was described as "mating deep in the Western night"? (Poem 1-"Drywater")
(a) Sand and moon.
(b) Masters and slaves.
(c) Men and women.
(d) Lions and dogs.
3. What did the girl in black search for in her car? (Poem 5- "Drywater")
4. In poem one, "Drywater" section, what did Morrison say went down drains?
(a) Drills and water.
(b) Birds and their shadows.
(c) Hopes and dreams.
(d) Memories and the future.
5. How many drops of rain suffice when "one is not deluged by rain"? (Poem 4- "Drywater")
(b) A million.
6. Where was liquor made to flow from? (Poem 13- "Village Tapes")
(c) He was not sure.
7. How did Morrison describe the land on the schoolyard? (Poem 2- "Drywater")
8. What were the "great beasts" suffering from in the eleventh poem from the "Village Tapes" section?
9. Why did Morrison claim the night described in the tenth poem ("Village Tapes") was the "greatest night of my life"?
(a) He was with the woman he loved.
(b) His mother had found him again.
(c) His friends were with him.
(d) He was on stage for the first time.
10. What was in the road while the children were at church?
(a) A frog.
(b) An indian.
(c) A casket.
(d) A bird with a broken wing.
11. In poem 4,"Jamaica", what did the principal hold?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His nose.
(c) His ears.
(d) His eyes shut.
12. What did the woman, in the third poem in the section titled "Drywater", take with her when she left?
(a) Gold coins.
(d) Silver coins.
13. What was the brain filled with? (Poem 1- "Drywater)
14. Who was the "deaf witness on the bank" compared to? (Poem 4-"Drywater")
(d) Morrison's father.
15. What did Morrison say was built up again? (Poem 1-"Jamaica")
(a) The dam.
(b) The light.
(c) The world.
(d) His hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "stunned the earth" in the second poem of the "Drywater" section?
2. In the poem that began "Cobra sun/Fever smile", at the end, who came?
3. What was described as consisting of "organic gears"? (Poem 1-"Drywater")
4. What did Morison say a child gave into? (Poem 1-"Jamaica")
5. What did Morrison compare the beak of the vulture to? (Poem 4-"Jamaica")
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)