|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morrison compare "wild promises" to? ( "Why does my mind circle around you")
(c) Wild dogs.
2. What did Morrison say that the man, who died in the pool, never saw?
(a) His true love.
(c) The Devil.
3. Who resided in "meat heaven"? ("Ode to LA")
(a) You and me.
(b) The devil.
(c) Cannibals and Jews.
4. In the first sentence of the section "Far Arden", what did Morrison say they had an intense visitation of?
5. What did Morrison compare opening a mind to (in regard to a "moment of inner freedom")?
(a) A trunk.
(b) A gift box.
(c) A door.
(d) The sky opening.
6. What did Morrison describe the movement of his hands to in "Can you dig it"?
(b) Dying birds.
(c) Rolling snakes.
(d) Lithe demons.
7. What poem did Morrison write in high school?
(a) "Pride and Love".
(b) "Running with Steel".
(c) "Horse Latitudes".
(d) "A Sense of My Own".
8. What did Morrison call the man who died in the pool in the stanza after the description of the body being found?
(a) Colorful clown.
(b) Water-logged liver.
(c) Lucky stiff.
(d) Morbid man.
9. What did the moon drip because of it being "cool and swollen"? (From the poem that began with "Moonshine night")
10. What was stolen in the poem beginning "Frozen moment by a lake"?
(a) A car.
(b) A knife.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A gun.
11. How did Morrison describe the young child's mind? (From the poem that began "Bird of prey")
(a) Broken, paper-thin mind.
(b) Fluttering between light and dark.
(c) Torn between two consciousnesses.
(d) Fragile egg-shell mind.
12. What did Morrison say was all around him in the poem whose first line was "A vast radiant beach & a cool"?
(a) Trash and "trash".
(b) Music and voices.
(c) Bodies and animals.
(d) Black and white.
13. What did Morrison state he was consumed by? (From the poem that started "In that year")
14. Who found the body in the pool?
(a) The maid.
(b) The band's manager.
(d) The gardener.
15. Who did Morrison state was scattered on the highway bleeding? (From the poem that began "Bird of prey")
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade, in school, did Morrison write his first poem?
2. What did Morrison claim to be able to do in "What are you doing here?"
3. What did the monarch, in "I am a guide to the Labyrinth", sink into?
4. Where were "we" drawn down from? (From the poem that started "In that year")
5. From the poem "The Fear", what did rabbits possess?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)