|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first sentence of the section "Far Arden", what did Morrison say they had an intense visitation of?
2. In the poem that started "In that year", what did Morrison claim to be stroked with?
3. Who did Morrison say to poke holes in? ("Ode to LA")
(a) The death of the man.
(b) The pool liner.
(c) The goddess.
(d) The story.
4. What did Morrison throw away that he kept through high school and college?
(c) Song books.
5. How did Morrison say that he hoped his friend, who died in the pool, "went out"?
6. What did Morrison state he was consumed by? (From the poem that started "In that year")
7. What did Morrison say that the horned-toads were mavericks of?
(a) A crusader for Darwin.
(b) A feast for flies.
(c) A leap into the beyond.
(d) A yellow spot.
8. What passed at the end of the poem "Tape Noon"?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A girl.
(c) A child.
(d) A car.
9. What did Morrison say was a child's first moment of freedom?
(a) When they were able to speak.
(b) When their mother quit breast-feeding.
(c) A first trip away from home.
(d) The first time a child crossed the street alone.
10. What competed with "Silence"? ("Ode to LA")
11. Who was lost in the frozen woods? ( "Why does my mind circle around you")
(a) "Your dog".
(b) "Your wonder".
(c) "Your mind".
(d) "Your child".
12. Who did Morrison call back in "Ode to LA"?
(a) Brave warrior.
(b) Static savior.
(c) Missing son.
(d) Crying child.
13. Where did "we" rock"? (From the poem that started "In that year")
(a) On a coaster.
(b) In a cavernous void.
(c) On the stage.
(d) In a web.
14. In "Ode to LA", where did Morrison want the man found in the pool to do his dive at?
(a) On another channel.
(b) At another time.
(c) At an oceanfront.
(d) In another pool.
15. What did Morrison say the body would be carried up through to heaven?("Ode to LA")
(a) Halls of music.
(b) Lyrics of the soul.
(c) Ghosts of music's future.
(d) Waves of sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morrison say that the interview was?
2. What did the monarch, in "I am a guide to the Labyrinth", sink into?
3. What were "sodden in silk"? ("Ode to LA")
4. According to the "Wilderness" dedication, what is milk compared to?
5. Who is "Wilderness" dedicated to?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)