|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morrison say was a child's first moment of freedom?
(a) The first time a child crossed the street alone.
(b) When they were able to speak.
(c) When their mother quit breast-feeding.
(d) A first trip away from home.
2. What did Morrison state he was consumed by? (From the poem that started "In that year")
3. In the first sentence of the section "Far Arden", what did Morrison say they had an intense visitation of?
4. What were "sodden in silk"? ("Ode to LA")
5. What did the man, who died in the pool, float on? ("Ode to LA")
(a) A slip of foam.
(b) An iron candle.
(c) A plank of dreams.
(d) A shadow of surrender.
6. What was stolen in the poem beginning "Frozen moment by a lake"?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A car.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
7. What competed with "Silence"? ("Ode to LA")
8. What did Morrison say that the man, who died in the pool, never saw?
(c) His true love.
(d) The Devil.
9. What did Morrison say an interview was similar to?
(a) Being questioned by the principal in school.
(b) Answering questions on a witness stand.
(c) Answering questions posed by a mother.
(d) Being a monkey caged at the zoo.
10. What did Morrison say the body would be carried up through to heaven?("Ode to LA")
(a) Ghosts of music's future.
(b) Halls of music.
(c) Lyrics of the soul.
(d) Waves of sound.
11. What did Morrison describe himself as in the poem beginning "Frozen moment by a lake"?
(a) A blind owl.
(b) A deaf bat.
(c) A death bird.
(d) An injured rabbit.
12. How did Morrison describe himself in the woods? (From the poem that began with "Moonshine night")
13. Where did Morrison think some learned about Satan from?
(a) From their father.
(b) From the first time they had sex.
(c) From their priest.
(d) From a box.
14. Where was Morrison when he described the night as a "moonshine night"? (From the poem that began with "Moonshine night")
(a) Mt. Harmony.
(b) Mt. Addiction.
(c) Mt. Music.
(d) Mt. Village.
15. What did Morrison believe the self-interview was?
(a) The honesty blinded by delusions of grandeur.
(b) The truth hidden behind the eyes.
(c) The essence of creativity.
(d) The humility one never shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morrison question about the body in the pool?
2. What did Morrison claim to be able to do in "What are you doing here?"
3. Where did Morrison and his friends come from in "he enters stage"?
4. What did Morrison describe the movement of his hands to in "Can you dig it"?
5. What did the person being questioned in "What are you doing here?" want from Morison?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)