|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Wilderness" dedicated to?
(a) Victoria Smithe.
(b) Teddy Monroe.
(c) Barbara Morrison.
(d) Pamela Susan.
2. What did Morrison ask the "bird of prey"? (From the poem that began the same way)
(a) "What should I do?"
(b) "Am I going to die?"
(c) "When will I come down to earth?"
(d) "When will I stop running?"
3. What did Morrison say that the horned-toads were mavericks of?
(a) A leap into the beyond.
(b) A feast for flies.
(c) A yellow spot.
(d) A crusader for Darwin.
4. What was Morrison's name?
(a) Jim Allen Morrison.
(b) Jimmy Lucas Morrison.
(c) James Douglas Morrison.
(d) Douglas Jimmy Morrison.
5. Who did Morrison state were his heroes?
(a) Singers and songwriters.
(b) Artists and writers.
6. What competed with "Silence"? ("Ode to LA")
7. How did Morrison describe the moon in the poem whose first line was "A vast radiant beach & a cool"?
8. Who did Morrison call back in "Ode to LA"?
(a) Static savior.
(b) Crying child.
(c) Brave warrior.
(d) Missing son.
9. Who found the body in the pool?
(a) The band's manager.
(b) The maid.
(d) The gardener.
10. In "Ode to LA", where did Morrison want the man found in the pool to do his dive at?
(a) At an oceanfront.
(b) In another pool.
(c) At another time.
(d) On another channel.
11. In the poem "Ode to LA", who was Morrison chosen to play?
(a) Son of God.
(b) A warden.
(c) Prince of Denmark.
(d) King of LA.
12. What did Morrison state he was consumed by? (From the poem that started "In that year")
13. Who did Morrison call "poor"? ("Ode to LA")
14. What did Morrison say that the man, who died in the pool, never saw?
(a) The Devil.
(c) His true love.
15. Who led Morrison to the lake in the poem whose first line was "A vast radiant beach & a cool"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lepar.
(c) A lion.
(d) A King and Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were "sodden in silk"? ("Ode to LA")
2. What was stolen in the poem beginning "Frozen moment by a lake"?
3. What did the moon drip because of it being "cool and swollen"? (From the poem that began with "Moonshine night")
4. What will the smell of burning leaves become for children in the future? ("A man rakes leaves into a pile")
5. How did Morrison describe the young child's mind? (From the poem that began "Bird of prey")
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)