|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Drywater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade, in school, did Morrison write his first poem?
(a) 5th or 6th.
(b) 7th or 8th.
(c) 1st or 2nd.
(d) 3rd or 4th.
2. What was ending at the schoolyard in the second poem in the "Drywater" section?
(a) The school day.
(c) Play rehearsal.
(d) The school year.
3. How did Morrison describe the moon in the poem whose first line was "A vast radiant beach & a cool"?
4. What did Morrison compare "wild promises" to? ( "Why does my mind circle around you")
(b) Wild dogs.
5. What did Morrison compare opening a mind to (in regard to a "moment of inner freedom")?
(a) The sky opening.
(b) A door.
(c) A gift box.
(d) A trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Morrison describing in the poem under "Victimization"?
2. In the poem "Ode to LA", who was Morrison chosen to play?
3. Who competed for the man's palms? ("Ode to LA")
4. What did Morrison believe the self-interview was?
5. What did Morrison say that the horned-toads were mavericks of?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)