|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Drywater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morrison say an interview was similar to?
(a) Being a monkey caged at the zoo.
(b) Being questioned by the principal in school.
(c) Answering questions on a witness stand.
(d) Answering questions posed by a mother.
2. What did Morrison name as coinciding with a time of plenty? (Poem 4- "Drywater")
3. What were "sodden in silk"? ("Ode to LA")
4. Who was lost in the frozen woods? ( "Why does my mind circle around you")
(a) "Your wonder".
(b) "Your child".
(c) "Your mind".
(d) "Your dog".
5. What did the men, described by Morrison, wear in the poem? (Poem 1- "Jamaica")
(b) Holy jeans.
(c) Robes of gold.
(d) Tunics or short skirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morrison throw away that he kept through high school and college?
2. Who did the woman beg to marry her? (Poem 3- "Drywater")
3. Who resided in "meat heaven"? ("Ode to LA")
4. How did Morrison describe the "couplings out in the night", in the fourth poem from the section titled "Jamaica"?
5. What did Morrison call blessed, in the first poem in the section "Jamaica"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)