|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode to LA While Thinking of Brian Jones, Deceased.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Ode to LA", where did Morrison want the man found in the pool to do his dive at?
(a) On another channel.
(b) At an oceanfront.
(c) At another time.
(d) In another pool.
2. What did Morrison compare savages to in "Ode to LA"?
(a) Poetic versers.
(b) Silent singers.
(c) Monsters of rhythm.
(d) High messengers.
3. In the first poem of the book, what is left to wander?
(a) The soul.
(b) The body.
(c) The heart.
(d) The mind.
4. From the poem "The Fear", what did rabbits possess?
(a) Red eyes.
(b) Black tails.
(c) Yellow bellies.
(d) White wings.
5. What did Morrison question about the body in the pool?
(a) The pale green stuff it was made of.
(b) The smile frozen on the face.
(c) The bloated whiteness.
(d) The objectivity of which it was pulled from the pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Morrison, what can poetry and songs survive that nothing else can?
2. What grade, in school, did Morrison write his first poem?
3. What did Morrison call the man who died in the pool in the stanza after the description of the body being found?
4. What did Morrison say that the horned-toads were mavericks of?
5. According to the "Wilderness" dedication, what is milk compared to?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)