|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Poems 1966-1971.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prisoner, in "Moment of Freedom", compared to in the poem?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lion.
(c) A mole.
(d) A child.
2. In the first poem of the book, what is left to wander?
(a) The soul.
(b) The heart.
(c) The mind.
(d) The body.
3. What did Morrison say was a child's first moment of freedom?
(a) When their mother quit breast-feeding.
(b) A first trip away from home.
(c) When they were able to speak.
(d) The first time a child crossed the street alone.
4. In "Power", what color were the cars that Morrison made go away?
5. What, according to Morrison, would it take for songs and poetry to survive?
(a) Human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the title poem, what is the wilderness compared to?
2. According to the Prologue, what was the purpose of real poetry?
3. Where did Morrison think some learned about Satan from?
4. What was Morrison's name?
5. What did Morrison claim to be able to do in "What are you doing here?"
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)