|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Poems 1966-1971.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prisoner, in "Moment of Freedom", compared to in the poem?
(a) A mole.
(b) A bird.
(c) A child.
(d) A lion.
2. What did Morrison compare opening a mind to (in regard to a "moment of inner freedom")?
(a) A gift box.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A door.
(d) The sky opening.
3. In the first poem of the book, what is left to wander?
(a) The heart.
(b) The body.
(c) The soul.
(d) The mind.
4. Who did Morrison state were his heroes?
(b) Artists and writers.
(c) Singers and songwriters.
5. Who is "Wilderness" dedicated to?
(a) Barbara Morrison.
(b) Pamela Susan.
(c) Victoria Smithe.
(d) Teddy Monroe.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Morrison, what can poetry and songs survive that nothing else can?
2. Where did Morrison and his friends come from in "he enters stage"?
3. What did Morrison say that the interview was?
4. What did Morrison say was a child's first moment of freedom?
5. What will the smell of burning leaves become for children in the future? ("A man rakes leaves into a pile")
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)