|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jamaica.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Morrison state were his heroes?
(b) Singers and songwriters.
(c) Artists and writers.
2. Where did "we" rock"? (From the poem that started "In that year")
(a) In a web.
(b) On a coaster.
(c) In a cavernous void.
(d) On the stage.
3. What did Morrison say that the man, who died in the pool, never saw?
(b) His true love.
(c) The Devil.
4. Who did Morrison say was drinking from the swimming pool? (Poem 4-"Jamaica")
(a) A cow.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) The principal.
5. What grade, in school, did Morrison write his first poem?
(a) 5th or 6th.
(b) 3rd or 4th.
(c) 1st or 2nd.
(d) 7th or 8th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morrison name the boxing match at the end of the poem? (Poem 2-"Jamaica")
2. What was the name of the whore-house in the last poem of the section titled "Jamaica"?
3. In the poem that started "In that year", what did Morrison claim to be stroked with?
4. What did Morrison say was built up again? (Poem 1-"Jamaica")
5. From the poem that began "Why does my mind circle around you", what did Morrison say wondered what it was like to be "you"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)