|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village Tapes: Poems Recorded December 7, 1970.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Morrison compare savages to in "Ode to LA"?
(a) High messengers.
(b) Monsters of rhythm.
(c) Silent singers.
(d) Poetic versers.
2. Who, according to the second poem in the "Village Tapes" section, was hungry for steel?
(a) "We" were.
(c) The sea.
3. In the poem "Cassandra at the Well", what did Morrison say was happening?
(a) He was wishing for life.
(b) He was throwing all of his money away.
(c) He was pushing his lover down the well.
(d) He was dying.
4. What did Morison say a child gave into? (Poem 1-"Jamaica")
(b) The truth.
5. What did Morrison describe "like a white funereal butterfly barge"? (Poem 5- "Jamaica")
(a) A mirror.
(b) A sheet on the clothesline.
(c) A dress.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem "Blessings", where did the ancient wisdom travel from to greet "us"?
2. What did the men, described by Morrison, wear in the poem? (Poem 1- "Jamaica")
3. How did Morrison say that he hoped his friend, who died in the pool, "went out"?
4. What did Morrison say the body would be carried up through to heaven?("Ode to LA")
5. What did Morrison describe the "Church of God" as existing as? (From question: "What is that church like?")
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)