Prologue and Poems 1966-1971
1. What did Morrison believe the self-interview was?
(a) The honesty blinded by delusions of grandeur.
(b) The essence of creativity.
(c) The truth hidden behind the eyes.
(d) The humility one never shows.
2. According to the Prologue, what was the purpose of real poetry?
(a) "It just ticks off the possibilities."
(b) "It reveals a silver lining for the burned."
(c) "It shows reality in a colored light."
(d) "It shows the darkness inside."
3. What was Morrison's name?
(a) Douglas Jimmy Morrison.
(b) Jimmy Lucas Morrison.
(c) James Douglas Morrison.
(d) Jim Allen Morrison.
4. Why did Morrison say that poetry appealed to him?
(a) Because it was similar to music.
(b) Becasue it was eternal.
(c) Because it meant he was an artist.
(d) Because it spoke in a way lyrics could not.
5. What was the first poem that Morrison wrote?
(b) "Life in School".
(c) "The Pony Express".
(d) "The Bear".
6. What grade, in school, did Morrison write his first poem?
(a) 7th or 8th.
(b) 3rd or 4th.
(c) 1st or 2nd.
(d) 5th or 6th.
This section contains 4,175 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)