|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Why is Relling upset that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
3. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
4. What does Hjalmar eat while he is packing?
5. What kind of ailment does Werle have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Hjalmar endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)