|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
2. What does Were think Gregers is doing by revealing Gina's affair?
3. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
4. How does Gregers feel when he sees how angry Hjalmar is?
5. To whom does Hjalmar look for approval after Mrs. Sorby leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hjalmar endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)