|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gina say has been supplementing their income?
2. What does Hjalmar vow to do as long as he lives?
3. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
4. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
5. Where is Hedwig while Mrs. Sorby is in the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Ibsen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme throughout this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)