|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
2. Who does Relling plan to take with him after he hears that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
3. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
4. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
5. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Forgiveness is a very important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does Ibsen present the theme in a dynamic way?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)