|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
2. Why is Relling upset that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
3. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
4. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
5. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does they affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their primary motivation throughout the book. How do their goals affect the characters around them?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)