|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gregers compares Hjalmar to what when he sees how upset he is about Gina's affair?
2. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
3. Why is Mrs. Sorby moving from her home?
4. Hjalmar says he will control what after he comes home following his walk with Gregers?
5. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their primary motivation throughout the book. How do their goals affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Forgiveness is a very important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does Ibsen present the theme in a dynamic way?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)