|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
2. What does Old Ekdal do when he hears that Hjalmar is not coming home?
3. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
4. What does Hjalmar do the first time he sees Hedwig after his night of drinking?
5. How does Hedwig get injured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Ibsen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme throughout this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does they affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)