|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hjalmar was raised by whom?
2. Who or what does Hjalmar say will never be welcome in his house again?
3. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
4. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
5. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that has been placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Ibsen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Valor is a theme within this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)