|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gina say has been supplementing their income?
2. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
3. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
4. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
5. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hjalmar changes a lot through the course of this book. Please compare and contrast Hjalmar's character at the beginning of the book with Hjalmar's character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that has been placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)