|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gregers feel when he sees how angry Hjalmar is?
2. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
3. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
4. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
5. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hjalmar endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their primary motivation throughout the book. How do their goals affect the characters around them?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)