|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar doubt most about Hedwig?
2. What kind of life does Relling say Hjalmar is living?
3. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
4. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
5. How does Hedwig get injured?
Essay Topic 1
Hjalmar changes a lot through the course of this book. Please compare and contrast Hjalmar's character at the beginning of the book with Hjalmar's character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Molvik is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)