|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
2. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar can get through Hedwig's death?
3. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
4. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
5. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor is a theme within this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that has been placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)