|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar can get through Hedwig's death?
2. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
3. With whom has Mrs. Sorby had a relationship?
4. What has Werle set up so that Old Ekdal will no longer have to work?
5. Who does Relling plan to take with him after he hears that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)