|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
2. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
3. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
4. How does Gregers say he knows that Hedwig has not killed the duck?
5. Hjalmar was raised by whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how are the characters involved affected?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme throughout this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)