|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gina say has been supplementing their income?
2. What has Werle set up so that Old Ekdal will no longer have to work?
3. Who does Relling say should NOT learn about Gina's affair?
4. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
5. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Molvik is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)