|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hjalmar is NOT looking for which of the following when he returns at the end of the play?
2. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
3. What confession does Hjalmar make to Gregers as he is packing to leave?
4. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
5. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Ibsen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Valor is a theme within this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)