|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hjalmar says Gina's affair has ruined what for him?
2. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
3. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
4. What does Old Ekdal do when he hears that Hjalmar is not coming home?
5. Who does Relling say should NOT learn about Gina's affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that has been placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme throughout this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does they affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)