|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar eat while he is packing?
2. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
3. To whom does Hjalmar look for approval after Mrs. Sorby leaves?
4. What kind of life does Relling say Hjalmar is living?
5. How does Hjalmar feel when he hears about what has been supplementing their income?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Forgiveness is a very important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does Ibsen present the theme in a dynamic way?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)