|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
2. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
3. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
4. What does Mrs. Sorby give to Hedwig for her birthday?
5. How does Hedwig get injured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor is a theme within this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)