|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Gregers want to rescue Hjalmar?
2. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
3. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
4. To whom does Hjalmar look for approval after Mrs. Sorby leaves?
5. What causes Hedwig to put the gun back on the shelf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hjalmar changes a lot through the course of this book. Please compare and contrast Hjalmar's character at the beginning of the book with Hjalmar's character at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)