|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
2. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
3. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
4. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
5. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Forgiveness is a very important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does Ibsen present the theme in a dynamic way?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how are the characters involved affected?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme throughout this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)