|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gina say has been supplementing their income?
2. What does Hjalmar doubt most about Hedwig?
3. What has Werle set up so that Old Ekdal will no longer have to work?
4. Where is Mrs. Sorby moving?
5. What does Were think Gregers is doing by revealing Gina's affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hjalmar endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme throughout this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)