|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
2. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
3. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
4. How many people dine with Werle at the beginning of the book?
5. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Hjalmar give Gina when she returns from shopping, and how does she react to this?
2. Immediately after Ekdal leaves, Gregers confronts his father about what? What is Werle's response to this?
3. What does Gina say when Gregers leaves her house?
4. What does Hjalmar say he and his father both considered doing following the bad bank deal?
5. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that his wife did have an affair with Werle?
6. How does Gina say they have been able to survive on such a small income?
7. Gina complains about what when she returns from shopping?
8. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that Werle is going blind?
9. What does Relling say about the atmosphere within Hjalmar's home, and what does Gregers have to say about this?
10. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor is a theme within this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you most relate in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)