|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Werle's son?
2. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
3. What is the name of Gina's daughter?
4. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
5. What kind of business does Ekdal's son run?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregers tell Werle he wants to tell Hjalmar, and why?
2. What does Hjalmar admit to Gregers when they are alone in the room?
3. What is the first thing Hjalmar does when he returns from his walk with Gregers?
4. What history is shared by the servants about Old Ekdal?
5. What does Gina say when Gregers leaves her house?
6. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
7. Why does Relling think Gregers is so eager to make Hjalmar live by the Ideal?
8. According to Ekdal, what is the best way to kill a bird?
9. How does Relling say Hjalmar and Molvik are similar?
10. With what does Werle compare the Ekdals when he talks about the bad business deal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)