|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gina add to her grocery list at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
3. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
4. Why does Hedwig say she enjoys staying home from school?
5. What is one of Old Ekdal's favorite hobbies when he is younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ekdal show the people at the lunch table?
2. What does Werle offer Gregers while they are speaking in Hjalmar's house, and how does Werle respond to this offer?
3. What do ducks do when they are wounded?
4. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that his wife did have an affair with Werle?
5. What does Hjalmar say about the animals in the back room at the beginning of Act 4?
6. Why is Werle throwing a party at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Gina say when Gregers leaves her house?
8. What does Relling say to Hedwig just before leaving at the beginning of Act 5?
9. How does this play begin?
10. How does Hedwig feel about the idea that Gregers suggests to her in order to prove her love to her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Forgiveness is a very important theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does Ibsen present the theme in a dynamic way?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their primary motivation throughout the book. How do their goals affect the characters around them?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)