|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has had an affair with Ekdal's son's new wife?
2. What does Werle's son say he has discovered as he leaves his father's house at the beginning of the book?
3. Who has the most control within the photography business?
4. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
5. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What history is shared by the servants about Old Ekdal?
2. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that Werle is going blind?
3. What do ducks do when they are wounded?
4. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
5. What does Hjalmar admit to Gregers when they are alone in the room?
6. How does Gregers feel when he enters the stage at the beginning of Act 4?
7. What does Hjalmar say about Werle's letter regarding Ekdal's pension?
8. What is the first thing Hjalmar does when he returns from his walk with Gregers?
9. Gina complains about what when she returns from shopping?
10. How does Gina say they have been able to survive on such a small income?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor is a theme within this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you most relate in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)