Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the near fight between Gregers and Relling?
2. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
3. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
4. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
5. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
2. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
3. Why does Gina tell Hedwig to stop reading in Act 2?
4. How does Hjalmar feel about the bad business deal, and what does Werle do for him in response?
5. What does Ekdal show the people at the lunch table?
6. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
7. Where does Relling say Hjalmar is?
8. How was Hjalmar raised?
9. What does Old Ekdal ask Hjalmar to do with him, and how does Hjalmar respond?
10. What does Hjalmar ask Hedwig to do when she comes on stage for the first time in Act 3?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Ibsen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Valor is a theme within this book that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)