|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the near fight between Gregers and Relling?
2. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
3. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
4. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
5. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
2. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
3. Why does Gina tell Hedwig to stop reading in Act 2?
4. How does Hjalmar feel about the bad business deal, and what does Werle do for him in response?
5. What does Ekdal show the people at the lunch table?
6. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
7. Where does Relling say Hjalmar is?
8. How was Hjalmar raised?
9. What does Old Ekdal ask Hjalmar to do with him, and how does Hjalmar respond?
10. What does Hjalmar ask Hedwig to do when she comes on stage for the first time in Act 3?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does they affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)