|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the near fight between Gregers and Relling?
2. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
3. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
4. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
5. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
2. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
3. Why does Gina tell Hedwig to stop reading in Act 2?
4. How does Hjalmar feel about the bad business deal, and what does Werle do for him in response?
5. What does Ekdal show the people at the lunch table?
6. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
7. Where does Relling say Hjalmar is?
8. How was Hjalmar raised?
9. What does Old Ekdal ask Hjalmar to do with him, and how does Hjalmar respond?
10. What does Hjalmar ask Hedwig to do when she comes on stage for the first time in Act 3?
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)