|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
2. Who sets up Ekdal's son in his business?
3. What is Hjalmar doing at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Hjalmar warns the person he has asked to finish his work to be careful of what?
5. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what does Werle compare the Ekdals when he talks about the bad business deal?
2. How does Gina say they have been able to survive on such a small income?
3. What does Gregers tell Werle he wants to tell Hjalmar, and why?
4. How was Hjalmar raised?
5. What does Relling say to Hedwig just before leaving at the beginning of Act 5?
6. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
7. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
8. What sickness does Relling say Gregers has?
9. Hedwig worries about what when her father goes out drinking, and how does Gregers respond?
10. Why does Mrs. Sorby say her relationship with Werle will be so strong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Ibsen have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you most relate in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)