|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hjalmar feel when he hears about what has been supplementing their income?
2. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
(a) In the hall.
(b) In the back room.
(c) In the attic.
(d) On the street.
3. What does Hjalmar refuse when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(d) His slippers.
4. What confession does Hjalmar make to Gregers as he is packing to leave?
(a) There is no invention.
(b) There is a large debt on the house.
(c) He knows all along.
(d) He feels relieved.
5. What does Hjalmar vow to do as long as he lives?
(a) Protect Hedwig.
(b) Love his wife.
(c) Hate Werle.
(d) Keep the secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say is justice for the wrongs Werle has committed?
2. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
3. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
4. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
5. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)