|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
(a) She got to know him first.
(b) She confessed all her old relationships.
(c) They are not basing it off of money.
(d) They went through a horrible trial together.
2. Hjalmar shouts at whom when Hedwig is pronounced dead?
3. What does Gina say always brings Hjalmar joy and relaxation?
(a) The animals.
(b) Reading with Hedwig.
(d) A pipe and a newspaper.
4. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about knowing about the affair?
5. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
(c) The duck.
(d) Old Ekdal.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What does Hjalmar do the first time he sees Hedwig after his night of drinking?
3. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
4. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
5. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)