|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been out drinking.
(b) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(c) He has been searching his soul.
(d) He is afraid.
2. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
(a) She got to know him first.
(b) They went through a horrible trial together.
(c) She confessed all her old relationships.
(d) They are not basing it off of money.
3. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
4. What does Hjalmar do the first time he sees Hedwig after his night of drinking?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Turns his back on her.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Pushes her away.
5. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
(a) He wants to make things right.
(b) He needs to break free.
(c) He is living up to the Ideal.
(d) He wants to feel proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Relling plan to do after he hears Mrs. Sorby is moving?
2. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
3. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
4. How does Hjalmar feel when he hears about what has been supplementing their income?
5. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)