|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
(a) He will soon be helpless.
(b) He has been so sad.
(c) He is alone in the world.
(d) He has always been kind to her.
2. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about knowing about the affair?
3. With whom has Mrs. Sorby had a relationship?
(a) Old Ekdal.
4. From what does Gregers want to rescue Hjalmar?
(a) His deep sorrow.
(b) His lost love.
(c) His desperate circumstances.
(d) His big lie.
5. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Not call.
(b) Be gone so long.
(c) Miss dinner.
(d) Not say goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
2. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
3. How do the people who raised Hjalmar feel about him?
4. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
5. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)