|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(b) He has been searching his soul.
(c) He has been out drinking.
(d) He is afraid
2. What does Hjalmar call Hedwig the second time he sees her after his night of drinking?
(a) A devil.
(b) An orphan.
(c) An intruder.
(d) A witch.
3. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Miss dinner.
(b) Not say goodbye.
(c) Be gone so long.
(d) Not call.
4. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Practice her reading.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Bathe herself.
5. Why does Mrs. Sorby come to Gina's house?
(a) To ask forgiveness.
(b) To check on Hedwig.
(c) To bring some work for Ekdal.
(d) To say goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hjalmar was raised by whom?
2. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
3. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
4. Why is Mrs. Sorby moving from her home?
5. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)