|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
(a) He wants him to die.
(b) He knows the truth and forgives him.
(c) He will repay all the money he has been given.
(d) He will seek out vengeance on him.
2. Hjalmar says Gina's affair has ruined what for him?
(a) His love for Hedwig.
(b) His trust in her.
(c) His chance at success.
(d) His happiness in his marriage.
3. What does Hjalmar eat while he is packing?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Bread and butter.
4. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been searching his soul.
(b) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(c) He is afraid
(d) He has been out drinking.
5. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
(a) His fear.
(b) His lies.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
3. Hjalmar says he will control what after he comes home following his walk with Gregers?
4. What does Hjalmar say is justice for the wrongs Werle has committed?
5. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)