|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar order Gina to do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Stop her blubbering.
(b) Stay in the room.
(c) Take back the gift.
(d) Not touch Mrs. Sorby ever again.
2. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
(a) He wants to feel proud.
(b) He wants to make things right.
(c) He needs to break free.
(d) He is living up to the Ideal.
3. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
(a) He promised to marry her.
(b) She hoped to take his wife's place.
(c) She loved him.
(d) He would not leave her alone.
4. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Walks with her.
(b) Embraces her.
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Gives her a gift.
5. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) An original thought.
(c) Something he loved.
(d) A true trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
2. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
3. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
4. Where is Mrs. Sorby moving?
5. Why is Relling upset that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)