|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
(a) A letter.
(b) His biography.
(c) An article.
(d) His memoirs.
2. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
(a) He has been so sad.
(b) He is alone in the world.
(c) He will soon be helpless.
(d) He has always been kind to her.
3. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Be gone so long.
(b) Not say goodbye.
(c) Not call.
(d) Miss dinner.
4. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Bathe herself.
(d) Practice her reading.
5. What does Gina say always brings Hjalmar joy and relaxation?
(a) A pipe and a newspaper.
(b) Reading with Hedwig.
(c) The animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ekdal say he needs in order for hunting to be enjoyable?
2. For which of the following is Hjalmar NOT adored in college?
3. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
4. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
5. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)