|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Sorby come to Gina's house?
(a) To check on Hedwig.
(b) To ask forgiveness.
(c) To say goodbye.
(d) To bring some work for Ekdal.
2. Who or what does Hjalmar say will never be welcome in his house again?
(a) His father.
(b) Anything from Werle.
(c) Reminders of Gregers.
(d) People who had known him before the bank deal.
3. What does Gina say always brings Hjalmar joy and relaxation?
(a) The animals.
(b) Reading with Hedwig.
(d) A pipe and a newspaper.
4. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
5. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
(c) Free consciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first suggests that Hjalmar should be an inventor?
2. What does Hjalmar do the first time he sees Hedwig after his night of drinking?
3. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
4. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
5. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)