|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
(a) He will repay all the money he has been given.
(b) He will seek out vengeance on him.
(c) He wants him to die.
(d) He knows the truth and forgives him.
2. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
(a) His biography.
(b) His memoirs.
(c) A letter.
(d) An article.
3. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been out drinking.
(b) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(c) He has been searching his soul.
(d) He is afraid
4. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar can get through Hedwig's death?
(a) If they go to church.
(b) If they love each other like she would have wanted.
(c) If they help each other.
(d) If they repent of their pride.
5. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
(a) His love.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His lies.
(d) His fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gregers compares Hjalmar to what when he sees how upset he is about Gina's affair?
2. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
3. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
4. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
5. What does Hjalmar say is justice for the wrongs Werle has committed?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)