|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
(a) Be kind to Werle.
(b) Remain friends with Gregers.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Have a child with her.
2. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Walks with her.
(b) Gives her a gift.
(c) Embraces her.
(d) Begins to cry.
3. To whom does Hjalmar look for approval after Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(c) Old Ekdal.
4. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
(a) An article.
(b) His biography.
(c) His memoirs.
(d) A letter.
5. What does Hjalmar do the first time he sees Hedwig after his night of drinking?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Pushes her away.
(d) Turns his back on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
2. How do the people who raised Hjalmar feel about him?
3. What has Werle set up so that Old Ekdal will no longer have to work?
4. Gregers compares Hjalmar to what when he sees how upset he is about Gina's affair?
5. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)