|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
(a) His memoirs.
(b) A letter.
(c) An article.
(d) His biography.
2. Gregers compares Hjalmar to what when he sees how upset he is about Gina's affair?
(a) An insane man.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) Werle's servant.
(d) The wounded duck.
3. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
(b) Old Ekdal.
4. What does Hjalmar vow to do as long as he lives?
(a) Love his wife.
(b) Protect Hedwig.
(c) Keep the secret.
(d) Hate Werle.
5. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) A client.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
2. What kind of life does Relling say Hjalmar is living?
3. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
4. Hjalmar is NOT looking for which of the following when he returns at the end of the play?
5. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)