|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many servants do the Werles have?
2. What is the name of Ekdal's son's wife?
3. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He is dissappointed in his wife.
(b) He has a guilty conscience.
(c) He is dissappointed in his son.
(d) He has never been content.
4. Who has had an affair with Ekdal's son's new wife?
5. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
(a) Gina had been Werle's lover.
(b) Werle takes pity on him.
(c) Gina does not love him.
(d) Gina and Werle are hiding something.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Hjalmar's son a wounded animal to nurse back to health?
2. What is to be celebrated the day after the lunch with the tenants?
3. How does Gina feel when Gregers comes to her house?
4. Gina asks Hedwig for help with what at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Hjalmar warns the person he has asked to finish his work to be careful of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Hjalmar give Gina when she returns from shopping, and how does she react to this?
2. Hedwig worries about what when her father goes out drinking, and how does Gregers respond?
3. What does Gregers say in response to Hjalmar's response to Werle's impending blindness?
4. What sickness does Relling say Gregers has?
5. How does Relling say Hjalmar and Molvik are similar?
6. What does Hjalmar say about the animals in the back room at the beginning of Act 4?
7. What is the first thing Hjalmar does when he returns from his walk with Gregers?
8. How does Hjalmar feel about the bad business deal, and what does Werle do for him in response?
9. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that his wife did have an affair with Werle?
10. What does Hjalmar do the last two time Hedwig ever tries to approach him?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)