|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gina hears about the tenants' having been invited to her house, about what does she worry?
(a) That they will make a mess.
(b) That she will not be ready.
(c) That there will not be enough food.
(d) That they will wake up Hedwig.
2. What kind of business does Ekdal's son run?
3. About what does Hjalmar caution Hedwig regarging the gun when he returns from the attic?
(a) It is a machine.
(b) It is unpredicatble.
(c) It is very old.
(d) It is loaded.
4. What does Gina know Ekdal is doing behind his closed door?
5. What is the housekeeper playing when Werle's son is leaving his father's house?
(d) Blind Man's Bluff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the near fight between Gregers and Relling?
2. Where does Hedwig say she likes to spend most of her time at home?
3. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
4. What is the name of Old Ekdal's son?
5. Why does Hedwig say she enjoys staying home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Hjalmar raised?
2. What does Gregers tell Werle he wants to tell Hjalmar, and why?
3. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
4. What is in Ekdal's back room?
5. Gina complains about what when she returns from shopping?
6. What does Relling say to Gregers about Hedwig's death?
7. For what is Hjalmar looking when he comes home after his night of drinking, and why?
8. What history is shared by the servants about Old Ekdal?
9. Immediately after Ekdal leaves, Gregers confronts his father about what? What is Werle's response to this?
10. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)