|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hjalmar says he is happy in spite of what?
(a) His being sick.
(b) His being poor.
(c) His being busy.
(d) His supporting his father.
2. What is Molvik's occupation?
3. Relling says Molvik is demonic about what?
(a) His jealousies.
(b) His thoughts.
(c) His writing.
(d) His appetite.
4. How many people dine with Werle at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of Gina's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ekdal's son's wife?
2. Who has had an affair with Ekdal's son's new wife?
3. Hjalmar warns the person he has asked to finish his work to be careful of what?
4. Why does Hedwig not go to school?
5. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say about Werle's letter regarding Ekdal's pension?
2. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar will get through the tragic death of Hedwig?
3. Hedwig worries about what when her father goes out drinking, and how does Gregers respond?
4. What does Hjalmar say to Gregers about Hedwig's eyes?
5. What does Relling say to Hedwig just before leaving at the beginning of Act 5?
6. How does Relling say Hjalmar and Molvik are similar?
7. How does this play begin?
8. What sickness does Relling say Gregers has?
9. What does Gregers say in response to Hjalmar's response to Werle's impending blindness?
10. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle while working for him?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)