|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
2. How old is Hjalmar's daughter at the beginning of the book?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
3. Why does Hedwig not go to school?
(a) It is hard on her eyes.
(b) It scares her.
(c) She is teased.
(d) She is too sick.
4. How does Gina feel when Gregers comes to her house?
5. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
(a) Gina does not love him.
(b) Gina and Werle are hiding something.
(c) Gina had been Werle's lover.
(d) Werle takes pity on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gregers decide to stay when he comes back to town?
2. About what does Hjalmar say he knows the most at the party?
3. Relling says Molvik is demonic about what?
4. Who reminds Hjalmar to get back to work when he becomes distracted in Act 3?
5. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregers tell Werle he wants to tell Hjalmar, and why?
2. What does Old Ekdal ask Hjalmar to do with him, and how does Hjalmar respond?
3. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that his wife did have an affair with Werle?
4. How does Hedwig feel about the idea that Gregers suggests to her in order to prove her love to her father?
5. Gina complains about what when she returns from shopping?
6. What does Hedwig say is the most important thing in the back room, and why?
7. What does Gregers tell Hjalmar he would like to be after hearing about what wounded ducks do?
8. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that Werle is going blind?
9. What does Hjalmar admit to Gregers when they are alone in the room?
10. What sickness does Relling say Gregers has?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)