|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ekdal's son's wife?
2. What is Hjalmar doing at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) Going over his finances.
(c) Retouching some photos.
3. What is happening in the house at the beginning of the play?
(a) A doctor's visit.
(b) A fight.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A ball.
4. Where does Hedwig say she likes to spend most of her time at home?
(a) The back room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The photography office.
5. About what does Hjalmar say he knows the most at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
2. Hjalmar is worrying about what medical condition with his daughter?
3. What does Ekdal's son say when Ekdal leaves for home?
4. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
5. How does Relling describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing Hjalmar does when he returns from his walk with Gregers?
2. What does Hjalmar tell Gregers about his invention?
3. What does Hjalmar do the last two time Hedwig ever tries to approach him?
4. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
5. What strange noise is heard from the back room while Gregers is there, and what causes it?
6. How does Hjalmar feel when he realizes that Hedwig might not be his own daughter?
7. What does Gina say when Gregers leaves her house?
8. Why does Relling think Gregers is so eager to make Hjalmar live by the Ideal?
9. What does Werle offer Gregers while they are speaking in Hjalmar's house, and how does Werle respond to this offer?
10. What does Hjalmar say he and his father both considered doing following the bad bank deal?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)