|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
3. What does Gina know Ekdal is doing behind his closed door?
4. Who interrupts the near fight between Gregers and Relling?
5. Hjalmar says he is happy in spite of what?
(a) His being sick.
(b) His being poor.
(c) His supporting his father.
(d) His being busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Werle compare the Ekdal family after his son gets angry with him?
2. When Gina hears about the tenants' having been invited to her house, about what does she worry?
3. What is the name of Old Ekdal's son?
4. Why does Hedwig not go to school?
5. What is the name of Mr. Werle's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hjalmar ask Hedwig to do when she comes on stage for the first time in Act 3?
2. Why has Hedwig been kept out of school, and how does she feel about this?
3. What does Old Ekdal ask Hjalmar to do with him, and how does Hjalmar respond?
4. What does Gregers tell Hjalmar he would like to be after hearing about what wounded ducks do?
5. Hedwig worries about what when her father goes out drinking, and how does Gregers respond?
6. How does Gina say they have been able to survive on such a small income?
7. According to Ekdal, what is the best way to kill a bird?
8. What does Hjalmar tell Gina and Hedwig about the party?
9. What does Relling say about the atmosphere within Hjalmar's home, and what does Gregers have to say about this?
10. What does Relling say to Hedwig just before leaving at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)