|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hjalmar sitting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A work table.
(b) His bed.
(c) The high back chair.
(d) The kitchen table.
2. How does Gina feel when Gregers comes to her house?
3. How long have Gina and Hjalmar been married when the book begins?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 11 years.
4. Why does Werle plan to marry his housekeeper?
(a) He loves her.
(b) She is a good friend.
(c) She has a hidden fortune.
(d) His eyesight is failing.
5. What is Molvik's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Relling and Molvik do the night before the lunch?
2. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
3. How does Werle describe his wife at the end of her life?
4. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Relling says Gregers used to talk about what constantly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Hjalmar give Gina when she returns from shopping, and how does she react to this?
2. How does Hjalmar feel when he realizes that Hedwig might not be his own daughter?
3. What does Hjalmar say to Gregers about Hedwig's eyes?
4. For what is Hjalmar looking when he comes home after his night of drinking, and why?
5. According to Ekdal, what is the best way to kill a bird?
6. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
7. What history is shared by the servants about Old Ekdal?
8. What strange noise is heard from the back room while Gregers is there, and what causes it?
9. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that Werle is going blind?
10. What does Hjalmar tell Gregers about his invention?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)