|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gina know Ekdal is doing behind his closed door?
2. Where does Werle's son meet Ekdal's son?
(a) A sports meet.
(c) The Army.
(d) At a church service.
3. How does Gina feel when Gregers comes to her house?
4. What is the name of Gina's daughter?
5. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He is dissappointed in his wife.
(b) He has never been content.
(c) He has a guilty conscience.
(d) He is dissappointed in his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Hjalmar do repeatedly after his father goes to work somewhere else?
3. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
4. Where does Hedwig say she likes to spend most of her time at home?
5. Why does Hedwig not go to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. The servants gossip about what while toasts are being made in the dining room?
2. What does Hjalmar tell Gina and Hedwig about the party?
3. What sickness does Relling say Gregers has?
4. What is the first thing Hjalmar does when he returns from his walk with Gregers?
5. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
6. How does Act 4 begin?
7. What does the note say that Mrs. Sorby gives to Hedwig in the hall?
8. Why does Gina tell Hedwig to stop reading in Act 2?
9. What strange noise is heard from the back room while Gregers is there, and what causes it?
10. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)