|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
(a) To settle down.
(b) To repair the fight.
(c) To care for him.
(d) To be a business partner.
2. Where is Hjalmar sitting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His bed.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) A work table.
(d) The high back chair.
3. How old is Hjalmar's daughter at the beginning of the book?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
4. Why does Hjalmar not follow his father when he asks him to come to work?
(a) He is worried about Hedwig.
(b) He has guests coming.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He wants to help his wife.
5. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
(d) Hedwig's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
2. What does Relling call Old Ekdal?
3. Relling says Molvik is demonic about what?
4. What is one of Old Ekdal's favorite hobbies when he is younger?
5. For what has Hjalmar invited his tenants to his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say he and his father both considered doing following the bad bank deal?
2. How does Hedwig feel about the idea that Gregers suggests to her in order to prove her love to her father?
3. What does Gina say when Gregers leaves her house?
4. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that Werle is going blind?
5. Gina complains about what when she returns from shopping?
6. Where does Relling say Hjalmar is?
7. How does Gregers say he knows about his father's affair while his mother was still alive?
8. What does Gregers tell Hjalmar he would like to be after hearing about what wounded ducks do?
9. How does Act 4 begin?
10. What does Relling say to Hedwig just before leaving at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)