|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening in the house at the beginning of the play?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A doctor's visit.
(c) A fight.
(d) A ball.
2. How does Hjalmar want to redeem his father?
(a) Prove his father's innocence.
(b) Make a grand invention.
(c) Write an epic novel.
(d) Put Werle behind bars.
3. What is Relling's occupation?
4. What do Relling and Molvik do the night before the lunch?
(a) Go dancing.
(b) Goto a rally.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Attend a dinner party.
5. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
(b) The rabbit's soul.
(c) Old Ekdal.
(d) Hjalmar's back room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants do the Werles have?
2. What does Hjalmar spend his spare time doing?
3. What does Ekdal's son say when Ekdal leaves for home?
4. Relling says Gregers used to talk about what constantly?
5. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
2. According to Ekdal, what is the best way to kill a bird?
3. What does Old Ekdal ask Hjalmar to do with him, and how does Hjalmar respond?
4. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle while working for him?
5. Immediately after Ekdal leaves, Gregers confronts his father about what? What is Werle's response to this?
6. What does Relling say to Hedwig just before leaving at the beginning of Act 5?
7. What does Relling say to Gregers about Hedwig's death?
8. The servants gossip about what while toasts are being made in the dining room?
9. What does Hedwig say is the most important thing in the back room, and why?
10. Why does Gina tell Hedwig to stop reading in Act 2?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)