|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
(a) A kiss before she goes to bed.
(b) A new book.
(c) A new photograph.
(d) Something nice from the party.
2. Who gives Hjalmar's son a wounded animal to nurse back to health?
(b) Mrs. Sorby.
3. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
(a) A minefield.
(b) His own mind.
(c) A wildlife refuge.
(d) A poisonous swamp.
4. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
(a) Breaking glass.
(b) A shot.
(c) A dull thud.
(d) Loud cursing.
5. What kind of business does Ekdal's son run?
Short Answer Questions
1. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
2. Why does Hjalmar not follow his father when he asks him to come to work?
3. According to the servants, why has Ekdal gone to jail.?
4. What is the housekeeper playing when Werle's son is leaving his father's house?
5. Relling says Molvik is demonic about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hjalmar admit to Gregers when they are alone in the room?
2. What does Gregers say in response to Hjalmar's response to Werle's impending blindness?
3. What does Ekdal show the people at the lunch table?
4. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
5. According to Ekdal, what is the best way to kill a bird?
6. What does Relling say about the atmosphere within Hjalmar's home, and what does Gregers have to say about this?
7. What does Hjalmar say he and his father both considered doing following the bad bank deal?
8. How does Hjalmar feel about the bad business deal, and what does Werle do for him in response?
9. What does Relling say to Gregers about Hedwig's death?
10. Why does Mrs. Sorby say her relationship with Werle will be so strong?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)