|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the near fight between Gregers and Relling?
2. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(a) The boundless deep.
(b) The isolation.
(c) A warm cage.
3. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
4. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
(b) Gets sick.
5. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
(d) Mrs. Sorby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Gina and Hjalmar been married when the book begins?
2. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Hjalmar do repeatedly after his father goes to work somewhere else?
4. With whom does Gregers speak when he comes in the house at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is Hjalmar doing at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
2. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
3. Why does Gina tell Hedwig to stop reading in Act 2?
4. How does Hjalmar feel about the bad business deal, and what does Werle do for him in response?
5. What does Ekdal show the people at the lunch table?
6. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
7. Where does Relling say Hjalmar is?
8. How was Hjalmar raised?
9. What does Old Ekdal ask Hjalmar to do with him, and how does Hjalmar respond?
10. What does Hjalmar ask Hedwig to do when she comes on stage for the first time in Act 3?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)