|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
(a) To repair the fight.
(b) To care for him.
(c) To be a business partner.
(d) To settle down.
2. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(a) Integrity Fever.
(c) Guilty Conscience.
(d) Truth Envy.
3. What does Ekdal's son say when Ekdal leaves for home?
(a) That he is drunk.
(c) That he should have left sooner.
(d) That he should stay.
4. What is one of Old Ekdal's favorite hobbies when he is younger?
5. Relling says Molvik is demonic about what?
(a) His writing.
(b) His jealousies.
(c) His appetite.
(d) His thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hjalmar not follow his father when he asks him to come to work?
2. What does Hjalmar say Old Ekdal almost does after the bad bank deal?
3. According to the servants, why has Ekdal gone to jail.?
4. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
5. What does Gregers promise not to do while speaking with someone at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gina say they have been able to survive on such a small income?
2. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
3. What does Hjalmar admit to Gregers when they are alone in the room?
4. What does Hjalmar tell Gregers about his invention?
5. What does Relling say to Gregers about Hedwig's death?
6. Why does Gina tell Hedwig to stop reading in Act 2?
7. The servants gossip about what while toasts are being made in the dining room?
8. Why does Mrs. Sorby say her relationship with Werle will be so strong?
9. Why does Relling think Gregers is so eager to make Hjalmar live by the Ideal?
10. Why is Werle throwing a party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)