|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
(a) His own mind.
(b) A minefield.
(c) A wildlife refuge.
(d) A poisonous swamp.
2. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
3. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
(a) Take his family to church.
(b) Help his daughter.
(c) Take care of his father.
(d) Make his wife's life easier.
4. Why does Hedwig not go to school?
(a) It is hard on her eyes.
(b) She is teased.
(c) She is too sick.
(d) It scares her.
5. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Editing photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Molvik's occupation?
2. Who sets up Ekdal's son in his business?
3. How does Relling describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
4. Why does Hedwig say the wounded duck is the most important thing in the back room?
5. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what does Werle compare the Ekdals when he talks about the bad business deal?
2. What is in Ekdal's back room?
3. What does Hjalmar say he and his father both considered doing following the bad bank deal?
4. Gina complains about what when she returns from shopping?
5. What is the first thing Hjalmar does when he returns from his walk with Gregers?
6. What sickness does Relling say Gregers has?
7. For what is Hjalmar looking when he comes home after his night of drinking, and why?
8. What does Hjalmar do the last two time Hedwig ever tries to approach him?
9. Why has Hedwig been kept out of school, and how does she feel about this?
10. What news from Hjalmar surprises Gregers about his daughter?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)