|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many servants do the Werles have?
2. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What is the name of Ekdal's son's wife?
4. Who gives Hjalmar's son a wounded animal to nurse back to health?
(a) Mrs. Sorby.
5. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
(a) To care for him.
(b) To be a business partner.
(c) To repair the fight.
(d) To settle down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Gina and Hjalmar been married when the book begins?
2. Where does Ekdal tell Hjalmar to go to work?
3. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
4. What does Gina add to her grocery list at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Who has had an affair with Ekdal's son's new wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregers tell Werle he wants to tell Hjalmar, and why?
2. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar will get through the tragic death of Hedwig?
3. What does Hjalmar say he and his father both considered doing following the bad bank deal?
4. How does Gina say they have been able to survive on such a small income?
5. Why does Gina tell Hedwig to stop reading in Act 2?
6. What is the first thing Hjalmar does when he returns from his walk with Gregers?
7. How does Hjalmar feel about the bad business deal, and what does Werle do for him in response?
8. Hedwig worries about what when her father goes out drinking, and how does Gregers respond?
9. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
10. What does Ekdal show the people at the lunch table?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)