|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(b) A warm cage.
(c) The boundless deep.
(d) The isolation.
2. How does Gregers describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
3. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
(a) Breaking glass.
(b) A shot.
(c) Loud cursing.
(d) A dull thud.
4. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(d) Editing photos.
5. Relling says Gregers used to talk about what constantly?
(a) The trench of the damned.
(b) His mission in life.
(c) The Claim of the Ideal.
(d) The Code of the Saviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Old Ekdal's son?
2. With whom does Gregers speak when he comes in the house at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Gina asks Hedwig for help with what at the beginning of Act 3?
4. How long have Gina and Hjalmar been married when the book begins?
5. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hjalmar feel when he realizes that Hedwig might not be his own daughter?
2. Why does Mrs. Sorby say her relationship with Werle will be so strong?
3. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar will get through the tragic death of Hedwig?
4. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
5. Why does Gina tell Hedwig to stop reading in Act 2?
6. How does Gregers feel when he enters the stage at the beginning of Act 4?
7. What does Werle offer Gregers while they are speaking in Hjalmar's house, and how does Werle respond to this offer?
8. What does Hjalmar say about Werle's letter regarding Ekdal's pension?
9. How does Relling say Hjalmar and Molvik are similar?
10. What does Relling say to Gregers about Hedwig's death?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)