|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Gregers speak when he comes in the house at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
3. Where does Hjalmar place a gun after returning from the attic?
(a) Over the fireplace.
(b) On a shelf.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In the corner.
4. Gina asks Hedwig for help with what at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Calming Old Ekdal.
(b) Nursing the duck.
(c) Getting lunch ready.
(d) Cleaning the house.
5. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
(b) Old Ekdal.
(c) The rabbit's soul.
(d) Hjalmar's back room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be celebrated the day after the lunch with the tenants?
2. Hjalmar says he is happy in spite of what?
3. What does Hjalmar say Old Ekdal almost does after the bad bank deal?
4. What do Relling and Molvik do the night before the lunch?
5. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do ducks do when they are wounded?
2. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
3. What does Hjalmar say to Gregers about Hedwig's eyes?
4. Immediately after Ekdal leaves, Gregers confronts his father about what? What is Werle's response to this?
5. What does Hjalmar admit to Gregers when they are alone in the room?
6. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
7. What does Hjalmar do the last two time Hedwig ever tries to approach him?
8. Why has Hedwig been kept out of school, and how does she feel about this?
9. How does Gregers say he knows about his father's affair while his mother was still alive?
10. How does Hjalmar feel when he realizes that Hedwig might not be his own daughter?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)