|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Werle's son get mad at his father after Ekdal leaves?
(a) Inviting a fighting family to dinner.
(b) Not taking his blame for the business.
(c) Not stopping the bad behavior of Ekdal's son.
(d) Letting the Ekdal family sink so low.
2. What does Hjalmar say Old Ekdal almost does after the bad bank deal?
(a) Move to another country.
(b) Change his name.
(c) Shoot himself.
(d) Live on the streets.
3. How does Hjalmar feel when Gregers comes to his house?
4. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What is Relling's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
2. What does Ekdal's son say when Ekdal leaves for home?
3. For what has Hjalmar invited his tenants to his house?
4. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Werle plan to marry his housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hedwig worries about what when her father goes out drinking, and how does Gregers respond?
2. Why has Hedwig been kept out of school, and how does she feel about this?
3. What does Hjalmar say when he hears that his wife did have an affair with Werle?
4. What does Hjalmar admit to Gregers when they are alone in the room?
5. Gina complains about what when she returns from shopping?
6. How was Hjalmar raised?
7. What is in Ekdal's back room?
8. What does the note say that Mrs. Sorby gives to Hedwig in the hall?
9. How does Act 4 begin?
10. How does Hjalmar feel about the bad business deal, and what does Werle do for him in response?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)