|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(a) A warm cage.
(b) The isolation.
(d) The boundless deep.
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) Werle's house.
(b) Gina's room.
(c) A school house.
(d) Hjalmar's photography studio.
3. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
(a) Breaking glass.
(b) A shot.
(c) Loud cursing.
(d) A dull thud.
4. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He is dissappointed in his wife.
(b) He is dissappointed in his son.
(c) He has never been content.
(d) He has a guilty conscience.
5. What does Hjalmar do repeatedly after his father goes to work somewhere else?
(a) Throws logs onto the fire.
(b) Stares off into the distance.
(d) Gets up to join his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Ekdal's son run?
2. What burden does Gregers say is constantly with him?
3. Who interrupts the near fight between Gregers and Relling?
4. What is happening in the house at the beginning of the play?
5. Who has the most control within the photography business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gina say they have been able to survive on such a small income?
2. What history is shared by the servants about Old Ekdal?
3. Why is Werle throwing a party at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Relling say Hjalmar is?
5. Why is Hedwig disappointed when Hjalmar comes back from the party, and how does Hjalmar respond to this?
6. What does Relling say about the atmosphere within Hjalmar's home, and what does Gregers have to say about this?
7. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar will get through the tragic death of Hedwig?
8. Hedwig worries about what when her father goes out drinking, and how does Gregers respond?
9. With what does Werle compare the Ekdals when he talks about the bad business deal?
10. What news does Hjalmar give Gina when she returns from shopping, and how does she react to this?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)