|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
(a) To care for him.
(b) To be a business partner.
(c) To repair the fight.
(d) To settle down.
2. What does Relling call Old Ekdal?
(a) The Prodigal.
(b) The Survivor.
(c) The Hunter.
(d) The Elder.
3. How many servants do the Werles have?
4. Who has the most control within the photography business?
5. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
(a) The rabbit's soul.
(b) Hjalmar's back room.
(d) Old Ekdal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the near fight between Gregers and Relling?
2. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
3. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
4. Where does Hjalmar place a gun after returning from the attic?
5. Why does Hedwig say the wounded duck is the most important thing in the back room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hedwig worries about what when her father goes out drinking, and how does Gregers respond?
2. How does Hjalmar feel about the bad business deal, and what does Werle do for him in response?
3. What does Ekdal show the people at the lunch table?
4. Why has Hedwig been kept out of school, and how does she feel about this?
5. According to Ekdal, what is the best way to kill a bird?
6. How does Relling say Hjalmar and Molvik are similar?
7. What do ducks do when they are wounded?
8. What does Hjalmar say about the animals in the back room at the beginning of Act 4?
9. What does Gregers tell Hjalmar he would like to be after hearing about what wounded ducks do?
10. What does Werle offer Gregers while they are speaking in Hjalmar's house, and how does Werle respond to this offer?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)