|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hedwig say she likes to spend most of her time at home?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The back room.
(d) The photography office.
2. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
3. About what do Gina and Hjalmar argue when Hjalmar comes home?
(a) How she is running the business.
(b) That he has returned home so late.
(c) That she is not in bed yet.
(d) That he has brought nothing home from the party.
4. Who sets up Ekdal's son in his business?
5. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
(a) His own mind.
(b) A minefield.
(c) A wildlife refuge.
(d) A poisonous swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hjalmar not follow his father when he asks him to come to work?
2. What is the name of Ekdal's son's wife?
3. Who reminds Hjalmar to get back to work when he becomes distracted in Act 3?
4. What instrument does Hjalmar play?
5. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Relling say to Hedwig just before leaving at the beginning of Act 5?
2. What does Hjalmar say he and his father both considered doing following the bad bank deal?
3. What does the note say that Mrs. Sorby gives to Hedwig in the hall?
4. What does Gregers suggest Hedwig do to prove her love to her father?
5. What history is shared by the servants about Old Ekdal?
6. According to Ekdal, what is the best way to kill a bird?
7. What does Hjalmar do the last two time Hedwig ever tries to approach him?
8. What is the first thing Hjalmar does when he returns from his walk with Gregers?
9. What does Hjalmar say to Gregers about Hedwig's eyes?
10. Why is Werle throwing a party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)