|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gina add to her grocery list at the beginning of Act 2?
2. How does Relling describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
3. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
(b) Hedwig's teacher.
4. What is Hjalmar doing at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) Going over his finances.
(d) Retouching some photos.
5. What does Gina know Ekdal is doing behind his closed door?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2 take place?
2. What does Hjalmar spend his spare time doing?
3. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
4. Where does Ekdal tell Hjalmar to go to work?
5. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what is Hjalmar looking when he comes home after his night of drinking, and why?
2. According to Ekdal, what is the best way to kill a bird?
3. How does Relling say Hjalmar and Molvik are similar?
4. What does Gina say when Gregers leaves her house?
5. What does Gregers tell Hjalmar he would like to be after hearing about what wounded ducks do?
6. What does Ekdal show the people at the lunch table?
7. What does Hjalmar tell Gregers about his invention?
8. What is in Ekdal's back room?
9. How does Hjalmar feel when he realizes that Hedwig might not be his own daughter?
10. How does Gregers say he knows about his father's affair while his mother was still alive?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)