|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
(a) Have a child with her.
(b) Remain friends with Gregers.
(c) Be kind to Werle.
(d) Marry her.
2. What kind of life does Relling say Hjalmar is living?
(a) A simple life.
(b) A big lie.
(c) A desperate chase.
(d) A haunted life.
3. Where is Mrs. Sorby moving?
4. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
(a) In the hall.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the back room.
(d) In the attic.
5. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
6. What does Old Ekdal do when he hears that Hjalmar is not coming home?
(a) Closes himself in his room.
(b) Begins drinking.
(c) Shoots a rabbit.
(d) Walks out of the house.
7. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar can get through Hedwig's death?
(a) If they help each other.
(b) If they go to church.
(c) If they repent of their pride.
(d) If they love each other like she would have wanted.
8. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) To be home more often.
(b) To make her proud.
(c) To love her better.
(d) To work harder.
9. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
(a) His father's son.
(b) A traitor.
(c) Mr. Werle Junior.
(d) A misguided counselor.
10. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
(a) Something he loved.
(b) A sacrifice.
(c) An original thought.
(d) A true trial.
11. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Miss dinner.
(b) Not call.
(c) Be gone so long.
(d) Not say goodbye.
12. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is afraid
(b) He has been out drinking.
(c) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(d) He has been searching his soul.
13. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
14. What does Gina say always brings Hjalmar joy and relaxation?
(b) Reading with Hedwig.
(c) The animals.
(d) A pipe and a newspaper.
15. What does Hjalmar refuse when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) His slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hjalmar feel when he hears about what has been supplementing their income?
2. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
3. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
4. What kind of ailment does Werle have?
5. Why does Mrs. Sorby come to Gina's house?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)