|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
2. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
(a) A letter.
(b) His memoirs.
(c) An article.
(d) His biography.
3. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
(a) Support her husband.
(b) Remember the past.
(c) Stand by her man.
(d) Tell the truth.
4. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Bathe herself.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Practice her reading.
5. What does Hjalmar call Hedwig the second time he sees her after his night of drinking?
(a) A devil.
(b) An orphan.
(c) An intruder.
(d) A witch.
6. What causes Hedwig to put the gun back on the shelf?
(a) A visual image of blood.
(b) The quack of the duck.
(c) The slamming of a door.
(d) Gina's entrance.
7. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
8. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar can get through Hedwig's death?
(a) If they help each other.
(b) If they go to church.
(c) If they repent of their pride.
(d) If they love each other like she would have wanted.
9. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
(a) He will repay all the money he has been given.
(b) He knows the truth and forgives him.
(c) He will seek out vengeance on him.
(d) He wants him to die.
10. What does Gina say always brings Hjalmar joy and relaxation?
(a) Reading with Hedwig.
(c) The animals.
(d) A pipe and a newspaper.
11. What does Hjalmar doubt most about Hedwig?
(a) Whether she loves him.
(b) Whether she can forgive him.
(c) Whether she knows about the secret.
(d) Whether she is his.
12. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
(a) His invention.
(b) Ekdal's gun.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) The animals.
13. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
(a) The wounded duck.
(b) The bird dog.
(c) The Ideal.
(d) The thirteenth at the table.
14. Hjalmar is NOT looking for which of the following when he returns at the end of the play?
(a) Some papers.
(b) His blueprints.
(c) His diary.
(d) Some research.
15. How does Gregers say he knows that Hedwig has not killed the duck?
(a) He hears it moving around.
(b) Hjalmar has not come home.
(c) He sees the gun has not moved.
(d) He sees it in her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
2. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
3. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
4. What confession does Hjalmar make to Gregers as he is packing to leave?
5. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)