|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
(a) The head.
(b) The side.
(c) The chest.
(d) The wing.
2. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
3. Where is Hedwig while Mrs. Sorby is in the house?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the back room.
(c) On a walk.
(d) In her room.
4. What does Relling plan to do after he hears Mrs. Sorby is moving?
(a) Visit Werle.
(b) Go drinking.
(c) Go to a play.
(d) Walk the streets.
5. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
(d) Old Ekdal.
6. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
(d) Free consciences.
7. From what does Gregers want to rescue Hjalmar?
(a) His big lie.
(b) His desperate circumstances.
(c) His deep sorrow.
(d) His lost love.
8. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
9. What does Hjalmar say is justice for the wrongs Werle has committed?
(a) His son hates him.
(b) His wife is a fool.
(c) His going blind.
(d) His business is failing.
10. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(b) Ekdal's gun.
(c) His invention.
(d) The animals.
11. What does Gina say has been supplementing their income?
(a) Ekdal's work for Werle.
(b) Handouts from Werle.
(c) Extra photography clients.
(d) Rabbits sold in the market place.
12. What kind of ailment does Werle have?
(a) He has severe arthritis.
(b) He has a venereal disease.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He is going blind.
13. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
(a) Old Ekdal.
(c) The duck.
14. What does Mrs. Sorby give to Hedwig for her birthday?
(a) A letter.
(b) A toy.
(c) A book.
(d) A check.
15. Hjalmar shouts at whom when Hedwig is pronounced dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
2. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
3. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
4. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
5. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)