|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Practice her reading.
(d) Bathe herself.
2. To whom does Hjalmar look for approval after Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(d) Old Ekdal.
3. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
(a) Something he loved.
(b) A sacrifice.
(c) An original thought.
(d) A true trial.
4. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
(a) His lies.
(b) His fear.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His love.
5. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
(a) She got to know him first.
(b) They are not basing it off of money.
(c) They went through a horrible trial together.
(d) She confessed all her old relationships.
6. Why is Mrs. Sorby moving from her home?
(a) She quit her job.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) Her mother is sick.
(d) She has been fired.
7. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
(a) He would not leave her alone.
(b) She loved him.
(c) She hoped to take his wife's place.
(d) He promised to marry her.
8. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
(a) They are all different.
(b) They are all the same.
(c) They are complicated.
(d) They are good at heart.
9. Hjalmar says Gina's affair has ruined what for him?
(a) His love for Hedwig.
(b) His trust in her.
(c) His happiness in his marriage.
(d) His chance at success.
10. With whom has Mrs. Sorby had a relationship?
(a) Old Ekdal.
11. Where is Mrs. Sorby moving?
12. What does Hjalmar vow to do as long as he lives?
(a) Love his wife.
(b) Keep the secret.
(c) Hate Werle.
(d) Protect Hedwig.
13. What confession does Hjalmar make to Gregers as he is packing to leave?
(a) There is no invention.
(b) He feels relieved.
(c) There is a large debt on the house.
(d) He knows all along.
14. How do the people who raised Hjalmar feel about him?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They adore him.
(c) They are very strict.
(d) They rely upon him.
15. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
(a) He knows the truth and forgives him.
(b) He will repay all the money he has been given.
(c) He wants him to die.
(d) He will seek out vengeance on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life does Relling say Hjalmar is living?
2. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
3. Why is Relling upset that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
4. What does Old Ekdal do when he hears that Hjalmar is not coming home?
5. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)