|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
(a) Mail it back.
(b) Frame it.
(c) File it.
(d) Burn it.
2. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Not call.
(b) Be gone so long.
(c) Miss dinner.
(d) Not say goodbye.
3. What does Hjalmar call Hedwig the second time he sees her after his night of drinking?
(a) An intruder.
(b) A devil.
(c) A witch.
(d) An orphan.
4. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
5. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
6. Who does Relling plan to take with him after he hears that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
7. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
(d) Old Ekdal.
8. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
(a) A true trial.
(b) Something he loved.
(c) A sacrifice.
(d) An original thought.
9. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
10. Why is Mrs. Sorby moving from her home?
(a) She has been fired.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) She quit her job.
(d) Her mother is sick.
11. What does Gina say always brings Hjalmar joy and relaxation?
(a) Reading with Hedwig.
(b) A pipe and a newspaper.
(d) The animals.
12. What does Were think Gregers is doing by revealing Gina's affair?
(a) Being selfish.
(c) Curing his boredom.
(d) Destroying a marriage.
13. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
14. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
(a) Remain friends with Gregers.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Be kind to Werle.
(d) Have a child with her.
15. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar can get through Hedwig's death?
(a) If they go to church.
(b) If they love each other like she would have wanted.
(c) If they help each other.
(d) If they repent of their pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
2. What does Hjalmar order Gina to do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
3. How does Gregers feel when he sees how angry Hjalmar is?
4. Why does Mrs. Sorby come to Gina's house?
5. How does Gregers say he knows that Hedwig has not killed the duck?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)