|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
2. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
3. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
(a) He is demonic.
(b) He will be famous.
(c) He is a gifted artist.
(d) He is moments away from success.
4. What causes Hedwig to put the gun back on the shelf?
(a) A visual image of blood.
(b) The quack of the duck.
(c) The slamming of a door.
(d) Gina's entrance.
5. What does Were think Gregers is doing by revealing Gina's affair?
(a) Being selfish.
(b) Curing his boredom.
(d) Destroying a marriage.
6. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been out drinking.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He has been searching his soul.
(d) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
7. Where is Hedwig while Mrs. Sorby is in the house?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the back room.
(c) On a walk.
(d) In her room.
8. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Mail it back.
(c) Frame it.
(d) File it.
9. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
(b) The duck.
(d) Old Ekdal.
10. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
(a) Be kind to Werle.
(b) Remain friends with Gregers.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Have a child with her.
11. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
(a) They are complicated.
(b) They are all different.
(c) They are all the same.
(d) They are good at heart.
12. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
(a) A traitor.
(b) Mr. Werle Junior.
(c) His father's son.
(d) A misguided counselor.
13. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
(a) He will repay all the money he has been given.
(b) He knows the truth and forgives him.
(c) He will seek out vengeance on him.
(d) He wants him to die.
14. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about knowing about the affair?
15. What does Hjalmar eat while he is packing?
(a) Bread and butter.
(b) Roast beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Who or what does Hjalmar say will never be welcome in his house again?
3. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
4. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
5. Why is Mrs. Sorby moving from her home?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)