|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hjalmar says he will control what after he comes home following his walk with Gregers?
(a) The business.
(b) The cooking.
(c) The shopping.
(d) The finances.
2. Hjalmar shouts at whom when Hedwig is pronounced dead?
3. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
(d) Free consciences.
4. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) To be home more often.
(b) To love her better.
(c) To work harder.
(d) To make her proud.
5. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
(a) A true trial.
(b) A sacrifice.
(c) An original thought.
(d) Something he loved.
6. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
(a) The chest.
(b) The wing.
(c) The side.
(d) The head.
7. What does Gina say has been supplementing their income?
(a) Ekdal's work for Werle.
(b) Extra photography clients.
(c) Rabbits sold in the market place.
(d) Handouts from Werle.
8. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
9. Who first suggests that Hjalmar should be an inventor?
10. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
(a) He knows the truth and forgives him.
(b) He will repay all the money he has been given.
(c) He will seek out vengeance on him.
(d) He wants him to die.
11. What does Hjalmar say he wants to do to the wild duck at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Send it back to Werle.
(b) Wring its neck.
(c) Set it free.
(d) Cook it.
12. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(b) He has been searching his soul.
(c) He is afraid
(d) He has been out drinking.
13. What does Hjalmar say is justice for the wrongs Werle has committed?
(a) His business is failing.
(b) His wife is a fool.
(c) His son hates him.
(d) His going blind.
14. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
15. To whom does Hjalmar look for approval after Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(c) Old Ekdal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people who raised Hjalmar feel about him?
2. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
3. What kind of life does Relling say Hjalmar is living?
4. What does Hjalmar doubt most about Hedwig?
5. What does Hjalmar vow to do as long as he lives?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)