|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hjalmar shouts at whom when Hedwig is pronounced dead?
2. Hjalmar says Gina's affair has ruined what for him?
(a) His happiness in his marriage.
(b) His love for Hedwig.
(c) His trust in her.
(d) His chance at success.
3. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Not call.
(b) Be gone so long.
(c) Not say goodbye.
(d) Miss dinner.
4. Hjalmar says he will control what after he comes home following his walk with Gregers?
(a) The business.
(b) The cooking.
(c) The shopping.
(d) The finances.
5. How does Gregers say he knows that Hedwig has not killed the duck?
(a) He hears it moving around.
(b) He sees it in her eyes.
(c) He sees the gun has not moved.
(d) Hjalmar has not come home.
6. Who does Relling plan to take with him after he hears that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
7. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Gives her a gift.
(b) Embraces her.
(c) Walks with her.
(d) Begins to cry.
8. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(b) He has been out drinking.
(c) He is afraid
(d) He has been searching his soul.
9. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
(a) Free consciences.
10. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
(a) Mr. Werle Junior.
(b) A traitor.
(c) His father's son.
(d) A misguided counselor.
11. What confession does Hjalmar make to Gregers as he is packing to leave?
(a) He feels relieved.
(b) There is a large debt on the house.
(c) There is no invention.
(d) He knows all along.
12. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
13. What does Hjalmar doubt most about Hedwig?
(a) Whether she is his.
(b) Whether she can forgive him.
(c) Whether she knows about the secret.
(d) Whether she loves him.
14. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
(a) The thirteenth at the table.
(b) The Ideal.
(c) The wounded duck.
(d) The bird dog.
15. Where is Hedwig while Mrs. Sorby is in the house?
(a) On a walk.
(b) In the back room.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
2. Where is Mrs. Sorby moving?
3. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
4. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
5. What causes Hedwig to put the gun back on the shelf?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)