|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
2. What does Ekdal say he needs in order for hunting to be enjoyable?
(a) A partner.
(b) A chase.
(c) Wild game.
(d) Cold weather.
3. With whom has Mrs. Sorby had a relationship?
(b) Old Ekdal.
4. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
(a) His love.
(b) His lies.
(c) His fear.
(d) His intelligence.
5. Who does Relling say should NOT learn about Gina's affair?
(c) Mrs. Sorby.
(d) Old Ekdal.
6. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
(a) He has always been kind to her.
(b) He is alone in the world.
(c) He has been so sad.
(d) He will soon be helpless.
7. What does Hjalmar call Hedwig the second time he sees her after his night of drinking?
(a) An intruder.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A devil.
(d) A witch.
8. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) To love her better.
(b) To be home more often.
(c) To make her proud.
(d) To work harder.
9. How does Gregers feel when he sees how angry Hjalmar is?
10. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
(b) The duck.
(d) Old Ekdal.
11. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been out drinking.
(b) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(c) He has been searching his soul.
(d) He is afraid
12. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar can get through Hedwig's death?
(a) If they repent of their pride.
(b) If they help each other.
(c) If they go to church.
(d) If they love each other like she would have wanted.
13. What does Were think Gregers is doing by revealing Gina's affair?
(b) Curing his boredom.
(c) Being selfish.
(d) Destroying a marriage.
14. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
(a) They are good at heart.
(b) They are complicated.
(c) They are all different.
(d) They are all the same.
15. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sorby give to Hedwig for her birthday?
2. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
3. Gregers compares Hjalmar to what when he sees how upset he is about Gina's affair?
4. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about knowing about the affair?
5. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)