|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gregers feel when he sees how angry Hjalmar is?
2. What does Hjalmar vow to do as long as he lives?
(a) Love his wife.
(b) Hate Werle.
(c) Protect Hedwig.
(d) Keep the secret.
3. What does Relling plan to do after he hears Mrs. Sorby is moving?
(a) Walk the streets.
(b) Visit Werle.
(c) Go drinking.
(d) Go to a play.
4. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
(d) Free consciences.
5. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
6. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
7. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
(b) The duck.
(d) Old Ekdal.
8. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
9. Gregers compares Hjalmar to what when he sees how upset he is about Gina's affair?
(a) Werle's servant.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) An insane man.
(d) The wounded duck.
10. What does Hjalmar refuse when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(d) His slippers.
11. What does Hjalmar doubt most about Hedwig?
(a) Whether she is his.
(b) Whether she loves him.
(c) Whether she knows about the secret.
(d) Whether she can forgive him.
12. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been out drinking.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He has been searching his soul.
(d) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
13. How does Gregers say he knows that Hedwig has not killed the duck?
(a) He sees the gun has not moved.
(b) Hjalmar has not come home.
(c) He hears it moving around.
(d) He sees it in her eyes.
14. What does Hjalmar order Gina to do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Stay in the room.
(b) Not touch Mrs. Sorby ever again.
(c) Take back the gift.
(d) Stop her blubbering.
15. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Practice her reading.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Bathe herself.
(d) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What has Werle set up so that Old Ekdal will no longer have to work?
3. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
4. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
5. Who does Relling say should NOT learn about Gina's affair?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)