|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hedwig while Mrs. Sorby is in the house?
(a) In the back room.
(b) In the attic.
(c) On a walk.
(d) In her room.
2. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
(a) He will seek out vengeance on him.
(b) He will repay all the money he has been given.
(c) He wants him to die.
(d) He knows the truth and forgives him.
3. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
(a) He has always been kind to her.
(b) He will soon be helpless.
(c) He is alone in the world.
(d) He has been so sad.
4. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Bathe herself.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Practice her reading.
(d) Go for a walk.
5. To whom does Hjalmar look for approval after Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(b) Old Ekdal.
6. What does Hjalmar order Gina to do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Not touch Mrs. Sorby ever again.
(b) Stop her blubbering.
(c) Stay in the room.
(d) Take back the gift.
7. From what does Gregers want to rescue Hjalmar?
(a) His lost love.
(b) His big lie.
(c) His desperate circumstances.
(d) His deep sorrow.
8. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) To make her proud.
(b) To work harder.
(c) To love her better.
(d) To be home more often.
9. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
(a) They are complicated.
(b) They are all different.
(c) They are good at heart.
(d) They are all the same.
10. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
(a) He is demonic.
(b) He is a gifted artist.
(c) He is moments away from success.
(d) He will be famous.
11. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
12. What does Relling plan to do after he hears Mrs. Sorby is moving?
(a) Visit Werle.
(b) Go drinking.
(c) Walk the streets.
(d) Go to a play.
13. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
14. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
15. For which of the following is Hjalmar NOT adored in college?
(a) His voice.
(b) His originality.
(c) His cleverness.
(d) His face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
2. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
3. How does Gregers say he knows that Hedwig has not killed the duck?
4. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
5. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)