|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about knowing about the affair?
2. What does Old Ekdal do when he hears that Hjalmar is not coming home?
(a) Begins drinking.
(b) Shoots a rabbit.
(c) Closes himself in his room.
(d) Walks out of the house.
3. What does Hjalmar eat while he is packing?
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Bread and butter.
4. What does Relling plan to do after he hears Mrs. Sorby is moving?
(a) Go drinking.
(b) Go to a play.
(c) Walk the streets.
(d) Visit Werle.
5. What does Gina say has been supplementing their income?
(a) Ekdal's work for Werle.
(b) Extra photography clients.
(c) Rabbits sold in the market place.
(d) Handouts from Werle.
6. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
(a) He is alone in the world.
(b) He has always been kind to her.
(c) He has been so sad.
(d) He will soon be helpless.
7. What kind of life does Relling say Hjalmar is living?
(a) A simple life.
(b) A big lie.
(c) A desperate chase.
(d) A haunted life.
8. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
9. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Be gone so long.
(b) Not call.
(c) Miss dinner.
(d) Not say goodbye.
10. Where is Mrs. Sorby moving?
11. What does Were think Gregers is doing by revealing Gina's affair?
(a) Destroying a marriage.
(c) Curing his boredom.
(d) Being selfish.
12. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
13. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
14. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
(a) Stand by her man.
(b) Support her husband.
(c) Remember the past.
(d) Tell the truth.
15. What kind of ailment does Werle have?
(a) He is going blind.
(b) He has severe arthritis.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He has a venereal disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say he wants to do to the wild duck at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
3. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
4. Who or what does Hjalmar say will never be welcome in his house again?
5. What does Hjalmar say is justice for the wrongs Werle has committed?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)