|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first suggests that Hjalmar should be an inventor?
2. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
(a) Mail it back.
(b) Frame it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) File it.
3. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
4. Hjalmar is NOT looking for which of the following when he returns at the end of the play?
(a) Some research.
(b) Some papers.
(c) His blueprints.
(d) His diary.
5. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
(a) The wounded duck.
(b) The bird dog.
(c) The thirteenth at the table.
(d) The Ideal.
6. From what does Gregers want to rescue Hjalmar?
(a) His big lie.
(b) His lost love.
(c) His desperate circumstances.
(d) His deep sorrow.
7. What does Hjalmar eat while he is packing?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Bread and butter.
8. What does Ekdal say he needs in order for hunting to be enjoyable?
(a) Wild game.
(b) A chase.
(c) Cold weather.
(d) A partner.
9. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
(a) She got to know him first.
(b) They are not basing it off of money.
(c) They went through a horrible trial together.
(d) She confessed all her old relationships.
10. What does Hjalmar say he wants to do to the wild duck at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Send it back to Werle.
(b) Wring its neck.
(c) Set it free.
(d) Cook it.
11. Why does Mrs. Sorby come to Gina's house?
(a) To check on Hedwig.
(b) To bring some work for Ekdal.
(c) To say goodbye.
(d) To ask forgiveness.
12. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
13. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
(b) Free consciences.
14. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Begins to cry.
(b) Walks with her.
(c) Embraces her.
(d) Gives her a gift.
15. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
(a) Old Ekdal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
2. What kind of life does Relling say Hjalmar is living?
3. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
4. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about knowing about the affair?
5. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)