|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Hjalmar look for approval after Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(b) Old Ekdal.
2. What does Hjalmar call Hedwig the second time he sees her after his night of drinking?
(a) A devil.
(b) A witch.
(c) An intruder.
(d) An orphan.
3. With whom has Mrs. Sorby had a relationship?
(c) Old Ekdal.
4. What does Hjalmar say is justice for the wrongs Werle has committed?
(a) His son hates him.
(b) His wife is a fool.
(c) His going blind.
(d) His business is failing.
5. What does Old Ekdal do when he hears that Hjalmar is not coming home?
(a) Closes himself in his room.
(b) Begins drinking.
(c) Walks out of the house.
(d) Shoots a rabbit.
6. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
(a) He would not leave her alone.
(b) He promised to marry her.
(c) She loved him.
(d) She hoped to take his wife's place.
7. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
8. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
9. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) A client.
(b) Her sister.
(c) A friend.
(d) Her father.
10. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
(a) Tell the truth.
(b) Stand by her man.
(c) Remember the past.
(d) Support her husband.
11. What causes Hedwig to put the gun back on the shelf?
(a) The slamming of a door.
(b) A visual image of blood.
(c) The quack of the duck.
(d) Gina's entrance.
12. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been out drinking.
(b) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(c) He is afraid
(d) He has been searching his soul.
13. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
(a) The wounded duck.
(b) The Ideal.
(c) The bird dog.
(d) The thirteenth at the table.
14. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
(a) The animals.
(b) Ekdal's gun.
(c) His invention.
(d) Her wedding ring.
15. What does Gina say always brings Hjalmar joy and relaxation?
(b) The animals.
(c) Reading with Hedwig.
(d) A pipe and a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
2. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
3. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
4. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
5. Why does Mrs. Sorby come to Gina's house?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)