|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people who raised Hjalmar feel about him?
(a) They are very strict.
(b) They rely upon him.
(c) They adore him.
(d) They ignore him.
2. Gregers compares Hjalmar to what when he sees how upset he is about Gina's affair?
(a) Werle's servant.
(b) The wounded duck.
(c) An insane man.
(d) A homeless man.
3. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
4. What does Gina say has been supplementing their income?
(a) Handouts from Werle.
(b) Extra photography clients.
(c) Ekdal's work for Werle.
(d) Rabbits sold in the market place.
5. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the back room.
(c) On the street.
(d) In the hall.
6. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
(a) Frame it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) File it.
(d) Mail it back.
7. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
(a) Old Ekdal.
8. What does Mrs. Sorby give to Hedwig for her birthday?
(a) A book.
(b) A check.
(c) A letter.
(d) A toy.
9. What does Hjalmar say is justice for the wrongs Werle has committed?
(a) His son hates him.
(b) His business is failing.
(c) His going blind.
(d) His wife is a fool.
10. What causes Hedwig to put the gun back on the shelf?
(a) The slamming of a door.
(b) The quack of the duck.
(c) A visual image of blood.
(d) Gina's entrance.
11. What does Hjalmar do the first time he sees Hedwig after his night of drinking?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Pushes her away.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Turns his back on her.
12. What has Werle set up so that Old Ekdal will no longer have to work?
(a) A pension.
(b) An investment in stocks.
(c) A retirement fund.
(d) A bank account.
13. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been searching his soul.
(b) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(c) He has been out drinking.
(d) He is afraid.
14. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
(a) His invention.
(b) Ekdal's gun.
(c) The animals.
(d) Her wedding ring.
15. From what does Gregers want to rescue Hjalmar?
(a) His lost love.
(b) His desperate circumstances.
(c) His deep sorrow.
(d) His big lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ailment does Werle have?
2. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
3. What does Hjalmar order Gina to do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
4. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
5. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)