|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar doubt most about Hedwig?
(a) Whether she knows about the secret.
(b) Whether she can forgive him.
(c) Whether she is his.
(d) Whether she loves him.
2. What kind of life does Relling say Hjalmar is living?
(a) A simple life.
(b) A desperate chase.
(c) A haunted life.
(d) A big lie.
3. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
(a) Tell the truth.
(b) Support her husband.
(c) Remember the past.
(d) Stand by her man.
4. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
(a) His invention.
(b) The animals.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Ekdal's gun.
5. How does Hedwig get injured?
(a) The kick back from the rifle hurts her.
(b) The shot to the duck ricochets.
(c) The duck attacks her.
(d) She shoots herself.
6. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
(a) He has always been kind to her.
(b) He will soon be helpless.
(c) He is alone in the world.
(d) He has been so sad.
7. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about knowing about the affair?
8. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
9. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(b) He has been searching his soul.
(c) He has been out drinking.
(d) He is afraid
10. What does Hjalmar say is justice for the wrongs Werle has committed?
(a) His wife is a fool.
(b) His business is failing.
(c) His son hates him.
(d) His going blind.
11. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
12. What does Mrs. Sorby give to Hedwig for her birthday?
(a) A book.
(b) A toy.
(c) A letter.
(d) A check.
13. How does Gregers say he knows that Hedwig has not killed the duck?
(a) He sees it in her eyes.
(b) He hears it moving around.
(c) Hjalmar has not come home.
(d) He sees the gun has not moved.
14. Who does Relling plan to take with him after he hears that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
15. What does Hjalmar refuse when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(d) His slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Relling say should NOT learn about Gina's affair?
2. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
3. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
4. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
5. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)