|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
(a) The bird dog.
(b) The Ideal.
(c) The thirteenth at the table.
(d) The wounded duck.
2. Where is Hedwig while Mrs. Sorby is in the house?
(a) On a walk.
(b) In her room.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the back room.
3. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
4. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
(a) A misguided counselor.
(b) A traitor.
(c) Mr. Werle Junior.
(d) His father's son.
5. Why is Relling upset that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He has tried to help her.
(c) He wants to hire her.
(d) He is sorry for her.
6. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
(a) Old Ekdal.
(c) The duck.
7. What does Hjalmar call Hedwig the second time he sees her after his night of drinking?
(a) An intruder.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A witch.
(d) A devil.
8. What does Hjalmar do the first time he sees Hedwig after his night of drinking?
(a) Pushes her away.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Turns his back on her.
9. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
(a) The animals.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Ekdal's gun.
(d) His invention.
10. What has Werle set up so that Old Ekdal will no longer have to work?
(a) A pension.
(b) A bank account.
(c) A retirement fund.
(d) An investment in stocks.
11. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
12. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) To be home more often.
(b) To work harder.
(c) To love her better.
(d) To make her proud.
13. What does Hjalmar eat while he is packing?
(a) Bread and butter.
(c) Roast beef.
14. Hjalmar was raised by whom?
(a) His mother and sister.
(b) An orphanage
(c) Two aunts.
(d) His grandparents.
15. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) An original thought.
(c) Something he loved.
(d) A true trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
2. What does Ekdal say he needs in order for hunting to be enjoyable?
3. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
4. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
5. Hjalmar says Gina's affair has ruined what for him?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)