|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar can get through Hedwig's death?
(a) If they love each other like she would have wanted.
(b) If they help each other.
(c) If they repent of their pride.
(d) If they go to church.
2. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
(a) He is demonic.
(b) He is moments away from success.
(c) He will be famous.
(d) He is a gifted artist.
3. What does Mrs. Sorby give to Hedwig for her birthday?
(a) A letter.
(b) A check.
(c) A book.
(d) A toy.
4. From what does Gregers want to rescue Hjalmar?
(a) His desperate circumstances.
(b) His deep sorrow.
(c) His big lie.
(d) His lost love.
5. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
(a) His memoirs.
(b) An article.
(c) A letter.
(d) His biography.
6. What does Hjalmar order Gina to do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Not touch Mrs. Sorby ever again.
(b) Stop her blubbering.
(c) Stay in the room.
(d) Take back the gift.
7. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
8. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
(b) Free consciences.
9. How does Gregers say he knows that Hedwig has not killed the duck?
(a) He sees the gun has not moved.
(b) He sees it in her eyes.
(c) He hears it moving around.
(d) Hjalmar has not come home.
10. What does Old Ekdal do when he hears that Hjalmar is not coming home?
(a) Walks out of the house.
(b) Shoots a rabbit.
(c) Begins drinking.
(d) Closes himself in his room.
11. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Mail it back.
(c) File it.
(d) Frame it.
12. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) To work harder.
(b) To be home more often.
(c) To make her proud.
(d) To love her better.
13. How do the people who raised Hjalmar feel about him?
(a) They adore him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They are very strict.
(d) They rely upon him.
14. What does Hjalmar refuse when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) His slippers.
15. What kind of ailment does Werle have?
(a) He has a venereal disease.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He is going blind.
(d) He has severe arthritis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Hjalmar say he is taking with him when he leaves?
2. What confession does Hjalmar make to Gregers as he is packing to leave?
3. How does Hedwig get injured?
4. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
5. Who does Relling say should NOT learn about Gina's affair?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)