|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
(a) The wounded duck.
(b) The Ideal.
(c) The thirteenth at the table.
(d) The bird dog.
2. What does Hjalmar refuse when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(c) His slippers.
3. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
4. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What does Hjalmar promise Gina when he returns home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) To make her proud.
(b) To work harder.
(c) To love her better.
(d) To be home more often.
6. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Practice her reading.
(c) Bathe herself.
(d) Go for a walk.
7. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
(a) They are good at heart.
(b) They are complicated.
(c) They are all different.
(d) They are all the same.
8. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
9. Where is Hedwig while Mrs. Sorby is in the house?
(a) In the attic.
(b) On a walk.
(c) In the back room.
(d) In her room.
10. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Walks with her.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Embraces her.
(d) Gives her a gift.
11. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
(a) An original thought.
(b) A true trial.
(c) Something he loved.
(d) A sacrifice.
12. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
(a) He is demonic.
(b) He is moments away from success.
(c) He is a gifted artist.
(d) He will be famous.
13. What does Gina say has been supplementing their income?
(a) Extra photography clients.
(b) Ekdal's work for Werle.
(c) Handouts from Werle.
(d) Rabbits sold in the market place.
14. Who first suggests that Hjalmar should be an inventor?
15. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) A friend.
(d) A client.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Hjalmar shouts at whom when Hedwig is pronounced dead?
3. How does Gregers feel when he sees how angry Hjalmar is?
4. What does Were think Gregers is doing by revealing Gina's affair?
5. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)