|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
2. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
3. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Begins to cry.
(b) Embraces her.
(c) Walks with her.
(d) Gives her a gift.
4. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
(a) He would not leave her alone.
(b) He promised to marry her.
(c) She hoped to take his wife's place.
(d) She loved him.
5. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
6. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Miss dinner.
(b) Not say goodbye.
(c) Not call.
(d) Be gone so long.
7. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
(a) He needs to break free.
(b) He wants to feel proud.
(c) He wants to make things right.
(d) He is living up to the Ideal.
8. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
9. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
10. What does Gina say always brings Hjalmar joy and relaxation?
(a) Reading with Hedwig.
(c) The animals.
(d) A pipe and a newspaper.
11. What does Hjalmar say he wants to do to the wild duck at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Set it free.
(b) Send it back to Werle.
(c) Wring its neck.
(d) Cook it.
12. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
(a) Remain friends with Gregers.
(b) Be kind to Werle.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Have a child with her.
13. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
(a) The wing.
(b) The head.
(c) The chest.
(d) The side.
14. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Her father.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A client.
15. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
(a) He will soon be helpless.
(b) He is alone in the world.
(c) He has always been kind to her.
(d) He has been so sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
2. With whom has Mrs. Sorby had a relationship?
3. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
4. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
5. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)