|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
(a) He promised to marry her.
(b) She hoped to take his wife's place.
(c) He would not leave her alone.
(d) She loved him.
2. How does Gregers feel when he sees how angry Hjalmar is?
3. Why does Hjalmar say he has sent the message to Werle?
(a) He wants to make things right.
(b) He needs to break free.
(c) He wants to feel proud.
(d) He is living up to the Ideal.
4. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
(a) He has been so sad.
(b) He will soon be helpless.
(c) He is alone in the world.
(d) He has always been kind to her.
5. Where is Hedwig while Mrs. Sorby is in the house?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the back room.
(c) On a walk.
(d) In her room.
6. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
(a) Be kind to Werle.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Have a child with her.
(d) Remain friends with Gregers.
7. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
(a) A traitor.
(b) His father's son.
(c) Mr. Werle Junior.
(d) A misguided counselor.
8. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(b) He has been out drinking.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He has been searching his soul.
9. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
(a) The wounded duck.
(b) The Ideal.
(c) The thirteenth at the table.
(d) The bird dog.
10. Who or what does Hjalmar say will never be welcome in his house again?
(a) Anything from Werle.
(b) People who had known him before the bank deal.
(c) His father.
(d) Reminders of Gregers.
11. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
(a) Frame it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) File it.
(d) Mail it back.
12. How does Gina say she and Hjalmar can get through Hedwig's death?
(a) If they love each other like she would have wanted.
(b) If they help each other.
(c) If they go to church.
(d) If they repent of their pride.
13. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
14. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
15. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
(a) His lies.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His love.
(d) His fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Sorby see Hedwig?
2. What does Mrs. Sorby tell Gina she will do no matter what?
3. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
4. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
5. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)