|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gregers compares Hjalmar to what when he sees how upset he is about Gina's affair?
(a) The wounded duck.
(b) Werle's servant.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) An insane man.
2. What does Ekdal say he needs in order for hunting to be enjoyable?
(a) A partner.
(b) Cold weather.
(c) A chase.
(d) Wild game.
3. Why does Gregers say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been out drinking.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He has been searching his soul.
(d) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
4. Where does Ekdal tell Hedwig to shoot a bird in order to guarantee a kill?
(a) The chest.
(b) The head.
(c) The side.
(d) The wing.
5. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Bathe herself.
(b) Practice her reading.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Go for a walk.
6. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
7. What does Hjalmar order Gina to do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Stay in the room.
(b) Take back the gift.
(c) Stop her blubbering.
(d) Not touch Mrs. Sorby ever again.
8. What does Hjalmar tell Mrs. Sorby to tell Werle?
(a) He wants him to die.
(b) He will seek out vengeance on him.
(c) He will repay all the money he has been given.
(d) He knows the truth and forgives him.
9. Who does Relling say should NOT learn about Gina's affair?
(b) Mrs. Sorby.
(d) Old Ekdal.
10. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
(a) They are complicated.
(b) They are all different.
(c) They are all the same.
(d) They are good at heart.
11. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
(a) A misguided counselor.
(b) Mr. Werle Junior.
(c) A traitor.
(d) His father's son.
12. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
(a) His fear.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His love.
(d) His lies.
13. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Not say goodbye.
(b) Not call.
(c) Be gone so long.
(d) Miss dinner.
14. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
15. Why is Relling upset that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
(a) He wants to hire her.
(b) He has tried to help her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is sorry for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Sorby come to Gina's house?
2. How does Gregers feel when he sees how angry Hjalmar is?
3. Hjalmar says Gina's affair has ruined what for him?
4. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
5. What does Hjalmar say he would not have done had he known about Gina's affair?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)