|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Ekdal do when he hears that Hjalmar is not coming home?
(a) Begins drinking.
(b) Walks out of the house.
(c) Closes himself in his room.
(d) Shoots a rabbit.
2. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Bathe herself.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Practice her reading.
3. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
4. Who is to receive the money Werle has set up for Ekdal after he dies?
5. Hjalmar says Gina's affair has ruined what for him?
(a) His chance at success.
(b) His love for Hedwig.
(c) His trust in her.
(d) His happiness in his marriage.
6. How does Gregers feel when he sees how angry Hjalmar is?
7. What does Hjalmar refuse when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) His slippers.
8. What does Gina tell Hjalmar to take with him when he goes?
(a) The animals.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Ekdal's gun.
(d) His invention.
9. What does Hjalmar doubt most about Hedwig?
(a) Whether she loves him.
(b) Whether she knows about the secret.
(c) Whether she can forgive him.
(d) Whether she is his.
10. What does Relling plan to do after he hears Mrs. Sorby is moving?
(a) Go to a play.
(b) Visit Werle.
(c) Walk the streets.
(d) Go drinking.
11. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
(a) He will be famous.
(b) He is demonic.
(c) He is moments away from success.
(d) He is a gifted artist.
12. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Her sister.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her father.
(d) A client.
13. Hjalmar was raised by whom?
(a) Two aunts.
(b) His mother and sister.
(c) An orphanage
(d) His grandparents.
14. How do the people who raised Hjalmar feel about him?
(a) They adore him.
(b) They rely upon him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They are very strict.
15. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
(a) They are all the same.
(b) They are all different.
(c) They are complicated.
(d) They are good at heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say he wants to do to the wild duck at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What does Hjalmar do the first time he sees Hedwig after his night of drinking?
3. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
4. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
5. Hjalmar shouts at whom when Hedwig is pronounced dead?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)