|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Relling upset that Mrs. Sorby is moving?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He wants to hire her.
(c) He has tried to help her.
(d) He is sorry for her.
2. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
3. What does Hjalmar order Gina to do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(a) Stop her blubbering.
(b) Not touch Mrs. Sorby ever again.
(c) Stay in the room.
(d) Take back the gift.
4. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
(a) They are good at heart.
(b) They are complicated.
(c) They are all the same.
(d) They are all different.
5. What causes Hedwig to put the gun back on the shelf?
(a) A visual image of blood.
(b) The slamming of a door.
(c) Gina's entrance.
(d) The quack of the duck.
6. How do the people who raised Hjalmar feel about him?
(a) They rely upon him.
(b) They adore him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They are very strict.
7. What does Mrs. Sorby give to Hedwig for her birthday?
(a) A toy.
(b) A letter.
(c) A check.
(d) A book.
8. What does Hjalmar say he wants to write when he returns from his night of drinking?
(a) An article.
(b) His memoirs.
(c) A letter.
(d) His biography.
9. What does Gregers say he has given to Gina and Hjalmar by telling him of the affair?
(c) Free consciences.
10. Why does Gina say she had an affair with Werle?
(a) She hoped to take his wife's place.
(b) He would not leave her alone.
(c) He promised to marry her.
(d) She loved him.
11. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 5?
12. What does Relling say Hjalmar has never had in his life?
(a) Something he loved.
(b) A sacrifice.
(c) A true trial.
(d) An original thought.
13. With whom has Mrs. Sorby had a relationship?
(a) Old Ekdal.
14. What has Werle set up so that Old Ekdal will no longer have to work?
(a) An investment in stocks.
(b) A bank account.
(c) A pension.
(d) A retirement fund.
15. From what does Gregers want to rescue Hjalmar?
(a) His lost love.
(b) His desperate circumstances.
(c) His deep sorrow.
(d) His big lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Werle say her new relationship will be so smooth and easy?
2. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about knowing about the affair?
3. What does Gina do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
4. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
5. What does Hjalmar do the first time he sees Hedwig after his night of drinking?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)