|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Sorby come to Gina's house?
(a) To bring some work for Ekdal.
(b) To ask forgiveness.
(c) To say goodbye.
(d) To check on Hedwig.
2. What does Relling say keeps Molvik alive?
(a) His lies.
(b) His love.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His fear.
3. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
4. What confession does Hjalmar make to Gregers as he is packing to leave?
(a) There is no invention.
(b) He feels relieved.
(c) He knows all along.
(d) There is a large debt on the house.
5. What does Hjalmar say he needs in order to finish his invention?
6. What does Were think Gregers is doing by revealing Gina's affair?
(a) Destroying a marriage.
(c) Curing his boredom.
(d) Being selfish.
7. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
8. To whom does Hjalmar look for approval after Mrs. Sorby leaves?
(d) Old Ekdal.
9. What does Gina say to Gregers about every woman?
(a) They are all different.
(b) They are good at heart.
(c) They are complicated.
(d) They are all the same.
10. What does Hjalmar say he wants to do to the wild duck at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Set it free.
(b) Wring its neck.
(c) Cook it.
(d) Send it back to Werle.
11. How does Gina say the photography business makes Hjalmar feel?
12. Where is Hedwig while Mrs. Sorby is in the house?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In her room.
(c) In the back room.
(d) On a walk.
13. What does Hjalmar tell Gina to do with the letter about the pension?
(a) Frame it.
(b) File it.
(c) Mail it back.
(d) Burn it.
14. How does Hedwig feel when she hears where her father is after having heard about Gina's affair?
15. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hjalmar says he will control what after he comes home following his walk with Gregers?
2. To whom is Gina saying goodbye at the beginning of Act 4?
3. What does Hjalmar order Gina to do when Mrs. Sorby leaves?
4. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
5. Who does Hjalmar say always has belived in him the most?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)