|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Hjalmar about Hedwig's plan to shoot the duck?
2. How does Hedwig get injured?
(a) The kick back from the rifle hurts her.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) The duck attacks her.
(d) The shot to the duck ricochets.
3. What does Hjalmar order Hedwig to do when he comes home at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Practice her reading.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Bathe herself.
4. Why does Relling say Hjalmar has not come home the night before the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He has been searching his soul.
(b) He is afraid
(c) He has had a spiritual upheaval.
(d) He has been out drinking.
5. What is Gina doing when Hjalmar returns after his night of drinking?
6. Hjalmar was raised by whom?
(a) His mother and sister.
(b) Two aunts.
(c) An orphanage
(d) His grandparents.
7. Why does Mrs. Sorby come to Gina's house?
(a) To ask forgiveness.
(b) To bring some work for Ekdal.
(c) To check on Hedwig.
(d) To say goodbye.
8. Why does Mrs. Sorby feel such a need to be with Werle?
(a) He has always been kind to her.
(b) He is alone in the world.
(c) He has been so sad.
(d) He will soon be helpless.
9. What word does Hjalmar use to describe Werle's marriage?
10. With whom has Mrs. Sorby had a relationship?
(a) Old Ekdal.
11. What lie does Molvik tell himself?
(a) He is moments away from success.
(b) He is demonic.
(c) He will be famous.
(d) He is a gifted artist.
12. What does Relling call Gregers when he is telling Hjalmar about the affair?
(a) A misguided counselor.
(b) A traitor.
(c) His father's son.
(d) Mr. Werle Junior.
13. What has Werle set up so that Old Ekdal will no longer have to work?
(a) A bank account.
(b) A retirement fund.
(c) A pension.
(d) An investment in stocks.
14. What causes Hedwig to put the gun back on the shelf?
(a) A visual image of blood.
(b) The quack of the duck.
(c) The slamming of a door.
(d) Gina's entrance.
15. What does Hedwig say it is odd for her father to do at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Not call.
(b) Miss dinner.
(c) Be gone so long.
(d) Not say goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people come home with Relling the night before the beginning of Act 5?
2. What does Gregers call himself at the end of the play?
3. What confession does Hjalmar make to Gregers as he is packing to leave?
4. What does Gina say always brings Hjalmar joy and relaxation?
5. What does Were think Gregers is doing by revealing Gina's affair?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)