|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about hearing the truth?
2. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
(a) Help his daughter.
(b) Make his wife's life easier.
(c) Take his family to church.
(d) Take care of his father.
3. Why does Hedwig not go to school?
(a) It scares her.
(b) She is teased.
(c) It is hard on her eyes.
(d) She is too sick.
4. What do Relling and Molvik do the night before the lunch?
(a) Goto a rally.
(b) Attend a dinner party.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Go dancing.
5. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
(a) Mrs. Sorby.
6. What is to be celebrated the day after the lunch with the tenants?
(c) Hedwig's birthday.
7. Hjalmar warns the person he has asked to finish his work to be careful of what?
(a) The eyes.
(b) The hands.
(c) The light source.
(d) The tree branches.
8. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
(a) To settle down.
(b) To repair the fight.
(c) To care for him.
(d) To be a business partner.
9. Where does Ekdal tell Hjalmar to go to work?
(a) The attic.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) His back room.
10. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
(a) Old Ekdal.
(b) The rabbit's soul.
(c) Hjalmar's back room.
11. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He is dissappointed in his wife.
(b) He has a guilty conscience.
(c) He has never been content.
(d) He is dissappointed in his son.
12. How many people dine with Werle at the beginning of the book?
13. How does Gregers describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
14. What does Werle's son say he has discovered as he leaves his father's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His father's true nature.
(b) His duty to his mother.
(c) His reason for returning.
(d) His purpose in life.
15. Relling says Molvik is demonic about what?
(a) His thoughts.
(b) His appetite.
(c) His writing.
(d) His jealousies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hjalmar spend his spare time doing?
2. Relling says Gregers used to talk about what constantly?
3. Who does Ekdal's son marry?
4. Where does Werle's son meet Ekdal's son?
5. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)