|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
(d) Gets sick.
2. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
(a) Help his daughter.
(b) Take care of his father.
(c) Make his wife's life easier.
(d) Take his family to church.
3. How does Werle describe his wife at the end of her life?
(a) Sickly and hysterical.
(b) Frail and insane.
(c) Weak and lonely.
(d) Beautiful and pale.
4. Relling says Gregers used to talk about what constantly?
(a) The trench of the damned.
(b) The Claim of the Ideal.
(c) His mission in life.
(d) The Code of the Saviors.
5. Why does Hedwig not go to school?
(a) It is hard on her eyes.
(b) She is too sick.
(c) She is teased.
(d) It scares her.
6. About what is Old Ekdal happy when he comes on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The amount of work he has.
(b) Having a full stomach.
(c) To see his granddaughter.
(d) Seeing his son earlier.
7. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
(d) Mrs. Sorby.
8. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(c) Editing photos.
9. What is the name of Gina's daughter?
10. With whom does Gregers speak when he comes in the house at the beginning of Act 3?
11. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He is dissappointed in his wife.
(b) He is dissappointed in his son.
(c) He has never been content.
(d) He has a guilty conscience.
12. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
13. About what does Werle's son get mad at his father after Ekdal leaves?
(a) Not stopping the bad behavior of Ekdal's son.
(b) Letting the Ekdal family sink so low.
(c) Not taking his blame for the business.
(d) Inviting a fighting family to dinner.
14. What is Relling's occupation?
15. Why does Hedwig say the wounded duck is the most important thing in the back room?
(a) It is alone.
(b) It is in need.
(c) It is wounded.
(d) It is wild.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Hjalmar's son a wounded animal to nurse back to health?
2. Where does Werle's son meet Ekdal's son?
3. Where is Hjalmar sitting at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Who has the most control within the photography business?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)