|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the housekeeper playing when Werle's son is leaving his father's house?
(b) Blind Man's Bluff.
2. Who sets up Ekdal's son in his business?
3. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(a) Integrity Fever.
(c) Truth Envy.
(d) Guilty Conscience.
4. About what is Old Ekdal happy when he comes on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Having a full stomach.
(b) The amount of work he has.
(c) Seeing his son earlier.
(d) To see his granddaughter.
5. What room are the servants tidying at the beginning of the play?
(b) Living room.
(c) Dining room.
6. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
(a) Gina does not love him.
(b) Werle takes pity on him.
(c) Gina had been Werle's lover.
(d) Gina and Werle are hiding something.
7. What is Molvik's occupation?
8. What is the name of Ekdal's son's wife?
9. What does Relling call Old Ekdal?
(a) The Prodigal.
(b) The Survivor.
(c) The Elder.
(d) The Hunter.
10. Where does Ekdal tell Hjalmar to go to work?
(a) His back room.
(b) The attic.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
11. What does Gregers promise not to do while speaking with someone at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Annoy them.
(b) Make things difficult.
(c) Alarm them.
(d) Be distracting.
12. What burden does Gregers say is constantly with him?
(a) The truth.
13. About what does Hjalmar say he knows the most at the party?
14. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
15. What is Relling's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Werle's son?
2. Why does Hjalmar not follow his father when he asks him to come to work?
3. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
4. Where does Hedwig say she likes to spend most of her time at home?
5. How long have Gina and Hjalmar been married when the book begins?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)