|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(c) Editing photos.
2. How old is Hjalmar's daughter at the beginning of the book?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
3. What is the name of Mr. Werle's son?
4. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
5. How does Gregers describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
6. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
(a) Hedwig's teacher.
7. How many people dine with Werle at the beginning of the book?
8. What burden does Gregers say is constantly with him?
(b) The truth.
9. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
(c) Gets sick.
10. What does Relling call Old Ekdal?
(a) The Hunter.
(b) The Prodigal.
(c) The Elder.
(d) The Survivor.
11. What does Hjalmar say Old Ekdal almost does after the bad bank deal?
(a) Move to another country.
(b) Change his name.
(c) Live on the streets.
(d) Shoot himself.
12. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
(a) Something nice from the party.
(b) A kiss before she goes to bed.
(c) A new book.
(d) A new photograph.
13. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He has a guilty conscience.
(b) He has never been content.
(c) He is dissappointed in his son.
(d) He is dissappointed in his wife.
14. At the beginning of Act 3, Gina complains about what to Hjalmar?
(a) The rudeness of a customer.
(b) The mess Gregers has made.
(c) The lack of food in the house.
(d) The advancing of Hedwig's disease.
15. What is one of Old Ekdal's favorite hobbies when he is younger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Werle's housekeeper?
2. What does Hjalmar tell his wife he cannot do any more?
3. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
4. According to the servants, why has Ekdal gone to jail.?
5. What is happening in the house at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)