|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar do repeatedly after his father goes to work somewhere else?
(a) Throws logs onto the fire.
(b) Gets up to join his father.
(c) Stares off into the distance.
2. Where does Hjalmar place a gun after returning from the attic?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In the corner.
(c) On a shelf.
(d) Over the fireplace.
3. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
(a) Hjalmar's back room.
(b) The rabbit's soul.
(d) Old Ekdal.
4. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(a) Truth Envy.
(c) Guilty Conscience.
(d) Integrity Fever.
5. What is one of Old Ekdal's favorite hobbies when he is younger?
6. Where is Hjalmar sitting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A work table.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) The high back chair.
(d) His bed.
7. What kind of business does Ekdal's son run?
8. What is to be celebrated the day after the lunch with the tenants?
(c) Hedwig's birthday.
9. How does Gina feel when Gregers comes to her house?
10. What is the name of Gina's daughter?
11. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
(a) Gets sick.
12. Relling says Gregers used to talk about what constantly?
(a) His mission in life.
(b) The Claim of the Ideal.
(c) The Code of the Saviors.
(d) The trench of the damned.
13. How does Werle describe his wife at the end of her life?
(a) Sickly and hysterical.
(b) Beautiful and pale.
(c) Weak and lonely.
(d) Frail and insane.
14. What instrument does Hjalmar play?
15. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Old Ekdal's son?
2. About what does Werle's son get mad at his father after Ekdal leaves?
3. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
4. Why does Hedwig say the wounded duck is the most important thing in the back room?
5. What does Gina know Ekdal is doing behind his closed door?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)