|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(a) The isolation.
(b) The boundless deep.
(d) A warm cage.
2. According to the servants, why has Ekdal gone to jail.?
(a) Bad business deal.
3. What does Hjalmar say Old Ekdal almost does after the bad bank deal?
(a) Live on the streets.
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Change his name.
(d) Move to another country.
4. What does Gina add to her grocery list at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Who gives Hjalmar's son a wounded animal to nurse back to health?
(c) Mrs. Sorby.
6. Who sets up Ekdal's son in his business?
7. About what is Old Ekdal happy when he comes on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Seeing his son earlier.
(b) To see his granddaughter.
(c) The amount of work he has.
(d) Having a full stomach.
8. Where is Hjalmar sitting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His bed.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) A work table.
(d) The high back chair.
9. When Gina hears about the tenants' having been invited to her house, about what does she worry?
(a) That they will wake up Hedwig.
(b) That there will not be enough food.
(c) That they will make a mess.
(d) That she will not be ready.
10. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
11. Where does Ekdal tell Hjalmar to go to work?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The attic.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) His back room.
12. Why does Hedwig say she enjoys staying home from school?
(a) There are no other kids.
(b) There is a lot to do.
(c) She can be with her mother.
(d) She has alone time.
13. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
14. What do Relling and Molvik do the night before the lunch?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Attend a dinner party.
(c) Goto a rally.
(d) Go dancing.
15. How does Gregers describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
2. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
3. What does Gina know Ekdal is doing behind his closed door?
4. What is Molvik's occupation?
5. Who has had an affair with Ekdal's son's new wife?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)