|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
(a) A shot.
(b) A dull thud.
(c) Loud cursing.
(d) Breaking glass.
2. About what does Werle's son get mad at his father after Ekdal leaves?
(a) Letting the Ekdal family sink so low.
(b) Not stopping the bad behavior of Ekdal's son.
(c) Not taking his blame for the business.
(d) Inviting a fighting family to dinner.
3. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
4. What is the name of Old Ekdal's son?
5. How old is Hjalmar's daughter at the beginning of the book?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
6. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He is dissappointed in his wife.
(b) He is dissappointed in his son.
(c) He has never been content.
(d) He has a guilty conscience.
7. Where does Ekdal tell Hjalmar to go to work?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The attic.
(d) His back room.
8. How many servants do the Werles have?
9. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
10. What does Werle's son say he has discovered as he leaves his father's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His duty to his mother.
(b) His reason for returning.
(c) His purpose in life.
(d) His father's true nature.
11. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
(a) To be a business partner.
(b) To repair the fight.
(c) To care for him.
(d) To settle down.
12. How long have Gina and Hjalmar been married when the book begins?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 17 years.
13. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about hearing the truth?
14. How does Gina feel when Gregers comes to her house?
15. What does Hjalmar tell his wife he cannot do any more?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Hjalmar's son a wounded animal to nurse back to health?
2. Where does Hjalmar place a gun after returning from the attic?
3. When Gina hears about the tenants' having been invited to her house, about what does she worry?
4. What is Relling's occupation?
5. Where is Hjalmar sitting at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)