|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
2. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
3. Where does Hedwig say she likes to spend most of her time at home?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The photography office.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The back room.
4. What is the name of Gina's daughter?
5. Why does Hedwig say the wounded duck is the most important thing in the back room?
(a) It is wild.
(b) It is in need.
(c) It is alone.
(d) It is wounded.
6. About what does Werle's son get mad at his father after Ekdal leaves?
(a) Not taking his blame for the business.
(b) Inviting a fighting family to dinner.
(c) Letting the Ekdal family sink so low.
(d) Not stopping the bad behavior of Ekdal's son.
7. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(a) The isolation.
(b) The boundless deep.
(d) A warm cage.
8. What is one of Old Ekdal's favorite hobbies when he is younger?
9. What is the housekeeper playing when Werle's son is leaving his father's house?
(c) Blind Man's Bluff.
10. Hjalmar warns the person he has asked to finish his work to be careful of what?
(a) The tree branches.
(b) The hands.
(c) The light source.
(d) The eyes.
11. Hjalmar says he is happy in spite of what?
(a) His being poor.
(b) His being busy.
(c) His being sick.
(d) His supporting his father.
12. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
(a) Werle takes pity on him.
(b) Gina and Werle are hiding something.
(c) Gina does not love him.
(d) Gina had been Werle's lover.
13. What do Relling and Molvik do the night before the lunch?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Attend a dinner party.
(c) Goto a rally.
(d) Go dancing.
14. How does Hjalmar feel when Gregers comes to his house?
15. What is happening in the house at the beginning of the play?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A doctor's visit.
(c) A fight.
(d) A ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hjalmar want to redeem his father?
2. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
3. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
4. Why does Hjalmar not follow his father when he asks him to come to work?
5. What does Hjalmar tell his wife he cannot do any more?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)