|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
(a) Take care of his father.
(b) Help his daughter.
(c) Make his wife's life easier.
(d) Take his family to church.
2. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(a) A warm cage.
(c) The boundless deep.
(d) The isolation.
3. Who sets up Ekdal's son in his business?
4. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
5. Hjalmar warns the person he has asked to finish his work to be careful of what?
(a) The eyes.
(b) The hands.
(c) The tree branches.
(d) The light source.
6. Why does Hjalmar not follow his father when he asks him to come to work?
(a) He is worried about Hedwig.
(b) He has guests coming.
(c) He wants to help his wife.
(d) He is too busy.
7. What does Hjalmar spend his spare time doing?
8. Who has had an affair with Ekdal's son's new wife?
9. Hjalmar is worrying about what medical condition with his daughter?
(a) Her thin blood.
(b) Her tendency to faint.
(c) Her lack of growth.
(d) Her failing eyesight.
10. What does Gina add to her grocery list at the beginning of Act 2?
11. What is Hjalmar doing at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) Retouching some photos.
(d) Going over his finances.
12. What does Werle's son say he has discovered as he leaves his father's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His purpose in life.
(b) His father's true nature.
(c) His duty to his mother.
(d) His reason for returning.
13. Where does Hjalmar place a gun after returning from the attic?
(a) In the corner.
(b) On a shelf.
(c) Over the fireplace.
(d) In a closet.
14. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
(a) A new book.
(b) A kiss before she goes to bed.
(c) A new photograph.
(d) Something nice from the party.
15. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people dine with Werle at the beginning of the book?
2. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
3. Who gives Hjalmar's son a wounded animal to nurse back to health?
4. Relling says Molvik is demonic about what?
5. How does Relling describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)