|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Werle's son say he has discovered as he leaves his father's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His reason for returning.
(b) His duty to his mother.
(c) His purpose in life.
(d) His father's true nature.
2. About what do Gina and Hjalmar argue when Hjalmar comes home?
(a) That he has brought nothing home from the party.
(b) How she is running the business.
(c) That she is not in bed yet.
(d) That he has returned home so late.
3. How does Hjalmar feel when Gregers comes to his house?
4. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(a) Guilty Conscience.
(b) Integrity Fever.
(d) Truth Envy.
5. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
(a) To be a business partner.
(b) To care for him.
(c) To repair the fight.
(d) To settle down.
6. Who sets up Ekdal's son in his business?
7. What does Gina add to her grocery list at the beginning of Act 2?
8. Where does Ekdal tell Hjalmar to go to work?
(a) His back room.
(b) The attic.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
9. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
(c) Hedwig's teacher.
10. Hjalmar is worrying about what medical condition with his daughter?
(a) Her tendency to faint.
(b) Her failing eyesight.
(c) Her lack of growth.
(d) Her thin blood.
11. About what is Old Ekdal happy when he comes on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Having a full stomach.
(b) Seeing his son earlier.
(c) To see his granddaughter.
(d) The amount of work he has.
12. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
13. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
(a) Mrs. Sorby.
14. What instrument does Hjalmar play?
15. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Editing photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Relling says Molvik is demonic about what?
2. Who does Ekdal's son marry?
3. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
4. What does Ekdal's son say when Ekdal leaves for home?
5. What is Molvik's occupation?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)