|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He has never been content.
(b) He is dissappointed in his wife.
(c) He has a guilty conscience.
(d) He is dissappointed in his son.
2. Why does Hedwig say the wounded duck is the most important thing in the back room?
(a) It is wounded.
(b) It is in need.
(c) It is wild.
(d) It is alone.
3. What do Relling and Molvik do the night before the lunch?
(a) Go dancing.
(b) Goto a rally.
(c) Attend a dinner party.
(d) Get drunk.
4. What does Werle's son say he has discovered as he leaves his father's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His duty to his mother.
(b) His father's true nature.
(c) His purpose in life.
(d) His reason for returning.
5. According to the servants, why has Ekdal gone to jail.?
(a) Bad business deal.
6. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(b) Truth Envy.
(c) Integrity Fever.
(d) Guilty Conscience.
7. What does Hjalmar tell his wife he cannot do any more?
8. With whom does Gregers speak when he comes in the house at the beginning of Act 3?
9. Where does Hjalmar place a gun after returning from the attic?
(a) Over the fireplace.
(b) On a shelf.
(c) In the corner.
(d) In a closet.
10. Where does Werle's son meet Ekdal's son?
(a) A sports meet.
(c) The Army.
(d) At a church service.
11. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
12. What does Hjalmar spend his spare time doing?
13. Hjalmar says he is happy in spite of what?
(a) His being sick.
(b) His supporting his father.
(c) His being busy.
(d) His being poor.
14. Who sets up Ekdal's son in his business?
15. What does Gina know Ekdal is doing behind his closed door?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hjalmar want to redeem his father?
2. What does Hjalmar do repeatedly after his father goes to work somewhere else?
3. What does Hjalmar say Old Ekdal almost does after the bad bank deal?
4. What does Gina add to her grocery list at the beginning of Act 2?
5. How does Relling describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)