|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening in the house at the beginning of the play?
(a) A doctor's visit.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A ball.
(d) A fight.
2. What burden does Gregers say is constantly with him?
(b) The truth.
3. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(b) Integrity Fever.
(c) Guilty Conscience.
(d) Truth Envy.
4. When Gina hears about the tenants' having been invited to her house, about what does she worry?
(a) That they will wake up Hedwig.
(b) That she will not be ready.
(c) That there will not be enough food.
(d) That they will make a mess.
5. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) Gina's room.
(b) A school house.
(c) Werle's house.
(d) Hjalmar's photography studio.
6. What is to be celebrated the day after the lunch with the tenants?
(d) Hedwig's birthday.
7. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about hearing the truth?
8. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
(a) A new photograph.
(b) Something nice from the party.
(c) A new book.
(d) A kiss before she goes to bed.
9. Who has the most control within the photography business?
10. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
11. What does Werle's son say he has discovered as he leaves his father's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His purpose in life.
(b) His duty to his mother.
(c) His reason for returning.
(d) His father's true nature.
12. What is Hjalmar doing at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) Retouching some photos.
(c) Going over his finances.
13. Who does Ekdal's son marry?
(a) Werle's daughter.
(b) Werle's housekeeper.
(c) Werle's niece.
(d) Werle's cousin.
14. According to the servants, why has Ekdal gone to jail.?
(b) Bad business deal.
15. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He is dissappointed in his son.
(b) He is dissappointed in his wife.
(c) He has a guilty conscience.
(d) He has never been content.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
2. How many servants do the Werles have?
3. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Ekdal describe rabbit meat?
5. How does Gina feel when Gregers comes to her house?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)