|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Werle's son, how did Werle treat his wife when she was alive?
(a) He abused her.
(b) He tormented her.
(c) He degraded her.
(d) He sheltered her.
2. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
3. About what does Hjalmar caution Hedwig regarging the gun when he returns from the attic?
(a) It is loaded.
(b) It is unpredicatble.
(c) It is a machine.
(d) It is very old.
4. Who has had an affair with Ekdal's son's new wife?
5. What is the name of Mr. Werle's son?
6. What burden does Gregers say is constantly with him?
(a) The truth.
7. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
(a) Hedwig's teacher.
8. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
(a) Make his wife's life easier.
(b) Take his family to church.
(c) Help his daughter.
(d) Take care of his father.
9. How old is Hjalmar's daughter at the beginning of the book?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
10. What is the name of Gina's daughter?
11. What is the name of Ekdal's son's wife?
12. What is the housekeeper playing when Werle's son is leaving his father's house?
(d) Blind Man's Bluff.
13. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
14. What does Gina know Ekdal is doing behind his closed door?
15. What is Molvik's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Werle plan to marry his housekeeper?
2. Why does Hjalmar not follow his father when he asks him to come to work?
3. What does Hjalmar do repeatedly after his father goes to work somewhere else?
4. Hjalmar warns the person he has asked to finish his work to be careful of what?
5. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)