|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Relling and Molvik do the night before the lunch?
(a) Goto a rally.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Go dancing.
(d) Attend a dinner party.
2. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(b) A warm cage.
(c) The boundless deep.
(d) The isolation.
3. Why does Hedwig say the wounded duck is the most important thing in the back room?
(a) It is wounded.
(b) It is in need.
(c) It is wild.
(d) It is alone.
4. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
(a) Take care of his father.
(b) Take his family to church.
(c) Help his daughter.
(d) Make his wife's life easier.
5. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(d) Editing photos.
6. What is the housekeeper playing when Werle's son is leaving his father's house?
(c) Blind Man's Bluff.
7. At the beginning of Act 3, Gina complains about what to Hjalmar?
(a) The advancing of Hedwig's disease.
(b) The rudeness of a customer.
(c) The lack of food in the house.
(d) The mess Gregers has made.
8. How does Hjalmar feel when Gregers comes to his house?
9. Hjalmar says he is happy in spite of what?
(a) His being busy.
(b) His supporting his father.
(c) His being sick.
(d) His being poor.
10. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
(d) Mrs. Sorby.
11. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
(b) Old Ekdal.
(c) Hjalmar's back room.
(d) The rabbit's soul.
12. Where does Werle's son meet Ekdal's son?
(a) The Army.
(b) A sports meet.
(d) At a church service.
13. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
(a) Gets sick.
14. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
15. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
(a) Gina had been Werle's lover.
(b) Werle takes pity on him.
(c) Gina does not love him.
(d) Gina and Werle are hiding something.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hedwig not go to school?
2. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
3. Relling says Gregers used to talk about what constantly?
4. Who gives Hjalmar's son a wounded animal to nurse back to health?
5. What is happening in the house at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)