|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the most control within the photography business?
2. What does Gina know Ekdal is doing behind his closed door?
3. About what does Werle's son get mad at his father after Ekdal leaves?
(a) Not stopping the bad behavior of Ekdal's son.
(b) Inviting a fighting family to dinner.
(c) Letting the Ekdal family sink so low.
(d) Not taking his blame for the business.
4. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
(a) A dull thud.
(b) Loud cursing.
(c) Breaking glass.
(d) A shot.
5. Who does Ekdal's son marry?
(a) Werle's housekeeper.
(b) Werle's daughter.
(c) Werle's niece.
(d) Werle's cousin.
6. How does Werle describe his wife at the end of her life?
(a) Weak and lonely.
(b) Beautiful and pale.
(c) Frail and insane.
(d) Sickly and hysterical.
7. Why does Hedwig say she enjoys staying home from school?
(a) There are no other kids.
(b) There is a lot to do.
(c) She can be with her mother.
(d) She has alone time.
8. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
9. What is happening in the house at the beginning of the play?
(a) A doctor's visit.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A ball.
(d) A fight.
10. About what does Hjalmar say he knows the most at the party?
11. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
(a) Gina does not love him.
(b) Gina and Werle are hiding something.
(c) Gina had been Werle's lover.
(d) Werle takes pity on him.
12. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Editing photos.
13. What kind of business does Ekdal's son run?
14. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(b) Integrity Fever.
(c) Truth Envy.
(d) Guilty Conscience.
15. When Gina hears about the tenants' having been invited to her house, about what does she worry?
(a) That they will make a mess.
(b) That there will not be enough food.
(c) That they will wake up Hedwig.
(d) That she will not be ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
2. Relling says Molvik is demonic about what?
3. Where does Ekdal tell Hjalmar to go to work?
4. Who gives Hjalmar's son a wounded animal to nurse back to health?
5. At the beginning of Act 3, Gina complains about what to Hjalmar?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)