|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Ekdal's son run?
2. For what has Hjalmar invited his tenants to his house?
3. How does Gregers think Hjalmar will feel about hearing the truth?
4. What does Gregers promise not to do while speaking with someone at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Alarm them.
(b) Annoy them.
(c) Be distracting.
(d) Make things difficult.
5. Where does Gregers decide to stay when he comes back to town?
(a) In a small apartment.
(b) In the room Gina is renting.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In his father's house.
6. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
7. How many servants do the Werles have?
8. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
(d) Hedwig's teacher.
9. What is to be celebrated the day after the lunch with the tenants?
(c) Hedwig's birthday.
10. Hjalmar is worrying about what medical condition with his daughter?
(a) Her thin blood.
(b) Her tendency to faint.
(c) Her failing eyesight.
(d) Her lack of growth.
11. Why does Hjalmar not follow his father when he asks him to come to work?
(a) He wants to help his wife.
(b) He is worried about Hedwig.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He has guests coming.
12. Where does Ekdal tell Hjalmar to go to work?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) His back room.
(d) The attic.
13. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(a) Truth Envy.
(c) Integrity Fever.
(d) Guilty Conscience.
14. What does Ekdal's son say when Ekdal leaves for home?
(a) That he is drunk.
(b) That he should have left sooner.
(c) That he should stay.
15. With whom does Gregers speak when he comes in the house at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
2. Why does Hedwig say she enjoys staying home from school?
3. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
4. About what is Old Ekdal happy when he comes on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What is the name of Gina's daughter?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)