|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
(a) His own mind.
(b) A wildlife refuge.
(c) A minefield.
(d) A poisonous swamp.
2. What does Gregers want to tell Hjalmar about his marriage?
(a) Gina does not love him.
(b) Werle takes pity on him.
(c) Gina and Werle are hiding something.
(d) Gina had been Werle's lover.
3. Relling says Gregers used to talk about what constantly?
(a) His mission in life.
(b) The trench of the damned.
(c) The Code of the Saviors.
(d) The Claim of the Ideal.
4. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
(a) Make his wife's life easier.
(b) Take his family to church.
(c) Help his daughter.
(d) Take care of his father.
5. Who does Ekdal's son marry?
(a) Werle's cousin.
(b) Werle's housekeeper.
(c) Werle's niece.
(d) Werle's daughter.
6. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
(a) Loud cursing.
(b) A shot.
(c) Breaking glass.
(d) A dull thud.
7. Why does Werle plan to marry his housekeeper?
(a) She has a hidden fortune.
(b) He loves her.
(c) His eyesight is failing.
(d) She is a good friend.
8. What is the housekeeper playing when Werle's son is leaving his father's house?
(d) Blind Man's Bluff.
9. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
10. According to Werle's son, how did Werle treat his wife when she was alive?
(a) He sheltered her.
(b) He tormented her.
(c) He degraded her.
(d) He abused her.
11. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
12. What room are the servants tidying at the beginning of the play?
(a) Dining room.
(d) Living room.
13. Where does Hedwig say she likes to spend most of her time at home?
(a) The photography office.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The back room.
14. How does Ekdal describe rabbit meat?
15. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(a) Integrity Fever.
(c) Guilty Conscience.
(d) Truth Envy.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
2. About what does Hjalmar caution Hedwig regarging the gun when he returns from the attic?
3. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
4. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
5. What is Hjalmar doing at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)