|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room are the servants tidying at the beginning of the play?
(a) Living room.
(b) Dining room.
2. What does Hjalmar do repeatedly after his father goes to work somewhere else?
(b) Gets up to join his father.
(c) Throws logs onto the fire.
(d) Stares off into the distance.
3. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
4. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
(b) Gets sick.
5. What is Molvik's occupation?
6. Gina asks Hedwig for help with what at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Cleaning the house.
(b) Calming Old Ekdal.
(c) Nursing the duck.
(d) Getting lunch ready.
7. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
(b) Hedwig's teacher.
8. What is the name of the Werle's housekeeper?
(a) Ms. Surdy.
(b) Mrs. Sorby.
(c) Mrs. Sirby.
(d) Ms. Sardy.
9. Where does Werle's son meet Ekdal's son?
(a) At a church service.
(b) The Army.
(d) A sports meet.
10. Hjalmar says he is happy in spite of what?
(a) His being poor.
(b) His being sick.
(c) His being busy.
(d) His supporting his father.
11. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
(a) Something nice from the party.
(b) A kiss before she goes to bed.
(c) A new photograph.
(d) A new book.
12. Hjalmar is worrying about what medical condition with his daughter?
(a) Her thin blood.
(b) Her failing eyesight.
(c) Her lack of growth.
(d) Her tendency to faint.
13. What is the housekeeper playing when Werle's son is leaving his father's house?
(d) Blind Man's Bluff.
14. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
(a) The rabbit's soul.
(b) Old Ekdal.
(c) Hjalmar's back room.
15. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
(a) Make his wife's life easier.
(b) Help his daughter.
(c) Take care of his father.
(d) Take his family to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
2. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
3. How does Gregers describe the atmosphere in Hjalmar's house?
4. Who reminds Hjalmar to get back to work when he becomes distracted in Act 3?
5. How many servants do the Werles have?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)