|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hjalmar is worrying about what medical condition with his daughter?
(a) Her tendency to faint.
(b) Her lack of growth.
(c) Her failing eyesight.
(d) Her thin blood.
2. Who chides Ekdal's son for what he says when his father leaves for home?
3. When Gina hears about the tenants' having been invited to her house, about what does she worry?
(a) That they will make a mess.
(b) That she will not be ready.
(c) That there will not be enough food.
(d) That they will wake up Hedwig.
4. Why does Hedwig say the wounded duck is the most important thing in the back room?
(a) It is in need.
(b) It is wounded.
(c) It is wild.
(d) It is alone.
5. Relling says Gregers used to talk about what constantly?
(a) The Claim of the Ideal.
(b) The trench of the damned.
(c) The Code of the Saviors.
(d) His mission in life.
6. Where does Hedwig say she likes to spend most of her time at home?
(a) The photography office.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The back room.
7. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
8. What is the name of the Werle's housekeeper?
(a) Ms. Sardy.
(b) Ms. Surdy.
(c) Mrs. Sirby.
(d) Mrs. Sorby.
9. Gina asks Hedwig for help with what at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Getting lunch ready.
(b) Nursing the duck.
(c) Calming Old Ekdal.
(d) Cleaning the house.
10. Where does Werle's son meet Ekdal's son?
(a) At a church service.
(b) The Army.
(d) A sports meet.
11. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(a) A warm cage.
(b) The isolation.
(d) The boundless deep.
12. Who asks that Hedwig not go to school?
(b) Hedwig's teacher.
13. Who sets up Ekdal's son in his business?
14. About what is Old Ekdal happy when he comes on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Having a full stomach.
(b) Seeing his son earlier.
(c) To see his granddaughter.
(d) The amount of work he has.
15. About what do Gina and Hjalmar argue when Hjalmar comes home?
(a) How she is running the business.
(b) That he has brought nothing home from the party.
(c) That he has returned home so late.
(d) That she is not in bed yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hedwig not go to school?
2. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
3. What does Hjalmar spend his spare time doing?
4. What does Werle's son say he has discovered as he leaves his father's house at the beginning of the book?
5. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)