|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hedwig say the wounded duck is the most important thing in the back room?
(a) It is wild.
(b) It is alone.
(c) It is wounded.
(d) It is in need.
2. What does Hjalmar tell his wife he cannot do any more?
3. What room are the servants tidying at the beginning of the play?
(a) Living room.
(c) Dining room.
4. What is the name of the Werle's housekeeper?
(a) Mrs. Sorby.
(b) Mrs. Sirby.
(c) Ms. Sardy.
(d) Ms. Surdy.
5. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
6. What does Hjalmar say Old Ekdal almost does after the bad bank deal?
(a) Move to another country.
(b) Change his name.
(c) Live on the streets.
(d) Shoot himself.
7. The people at lunch toast to what after seeing the rabbit skin?
(a) Hjalmar's back room.
(c) Old Ekdal.
(d) The rabbit's soul.
8. What is Relling's occupation?
9. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
10. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(a) A warm cage.
(b) The boundless deep.
(c) The isolation.
11. What is to be celebrated the day after the lunch with the tenants?
(c) Hedwig's birthday.
12. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
13. What is Gina's daughter doing at the beginning of Act 2?
14. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
(a) Gets sick.
15. How many servants do the Werles have?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Werle compare the Ekdal family after his son gets angry with him?
2. How does Gina feel when Gregers comes to her house?
3. For what has Hjalmar invited his tenants to his house?
4. Gina asks Hedwig for help with what at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Where does Act 2 take place?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)