Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the near fight between Gregers and Relling?
2. What does Gregers call the back room while talking about the wild duck?
(a) The boundless deep.
(b) The isolation.
(c) A warm cage.
3. What does Hjalmar's daughter bring for Gregers while he is visiting?
4. What does Molvik do when Ekdal shows them the rabbit skin?
(b) Gets sick.
5. Who makes the plan that imprisons Old Ekdal?
(d) Mrs. Sorby.
6. How long have Gina and Hjalmar been married when the book begins?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 15 years.
7. Why has Werle asked his son to come home at the beginning of the book?
(a) To care for him.
(b) To repair the fight.
(c) To settle down.
(d) To be a business partner.
8. What does Hjalmar do repeatedly after his father goes to work somewhere else?
(a) Gets up to join his father.
(b) Stares off into the distance.
(d) Throws logs onto the fire.
9. With whom does Gregers speak when he comes in the house at the beginning of Act 3?
10. What is Hjalmar doing at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) Retouching some photos.
(d) Going over his finances.
11. Where is Hjalmar sitting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A work table.
(b) His bed.
(c) The kitchen table.
(d) The high back chair.
12. At the beginning of Act 3, Gina complains about what to Hjalmar?
(a) The advancing of Hedwig's disease.
(b) The lack of food in the house.
(c) The rudeness of a customer.
(d) The mess Gregers has made.
13. How does Hjalmar want to redeem his father?
(a) Make a grand invention.
(b) Write an epic novel.
(c) Prove his father's innocence.
(d) Put Werle behind bars.
14. What instrument does Hjalmar play?
15. According to the servants, why has Ekdal gone to jail.?
(c) Bad business deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gina doing at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Which of the following is NOT an animal kept in the house by Old Ekdal?
3. Gina asks Hedwig for help with what at the beginning of Act 3?
4. How does Werle describe his wife at the end of her life?
5. To what does Werle compare the Ekdal family after his son gets angry with him?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)