|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the most control within the photography business?
2. Why does Gregers think Werle is so greedy?
(a) He is dissappointed in his son.
(b) He has never been content.
(c) He is dissappointed in his wife.
(d) He has a guilty conscience.
3. Gregers says Hjalmar is lost in what?
(a) His own mind.
(b) A wildlife refuge.
(c) A poisonous swamp.
(d) A minefield.
4. Relling say Gregers is sick with what?
(a) Integrity Fever.
(b) Guilty Conscience.
(d) Truth Envy.
5. For what is Gina's daughter excited when her father gets home?
(a) A kiss before she goes to bed.
(b) Something nice from the party.
(c) A new book.
(d) A new photograph.
6. About what does Hjalmar caution Hedwig regarging the gun when he returns from the attic?
(a) It is a machine.
(b) It is loaded.
(c) It is very old.
(d) It is unpredicatble.
7. What does Hjalmar say he has a sacred duty to do?
(a) Take his family to church.
(b) Make his wife's life easier.
(c) Help his daughter.
(d) Take care of his father.
8. With whom does Gregers speak when he comes in the house at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What does Werle's son say he has discovered as he leaves his father's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) His duty to his mother.
(b) His father's true nature.
(c) His reason for returning.
(d) His purpose in life.
10. What is Molvik's occupation?
11. About what does Werle's son get mad at his father after Ekdal leaves?
(a) Letting the Ekdal family sink so low.
(b) Not taking his blame for the business.
(c) Inviting a fighting family to dinner.
(d) Not stopping the bad behavior of Ekdal's son.
12. How does Werle describe his wife at the end of her life?
(a) Sickly and hysterical.
(b) Weak and lonely.
(c) Beautiful and pale.
(d) Frail and insane.
13. What burden does Gregers say is constantly with him?
(a) The truth.
14. Hjalmar ask for a lot of what item on his sandwich?
15. Why does Hedwig say she enjoys staying home from school?
(a) There are no other kids.
(b) She has alone time.
(c) She can be with her mother.
(d) There is a lot to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gina feel when Gregers comes to her house?
2. Whom does Hjalmar ask to finish his work while he joins his father?
3. Gina asks Hedwig for help with what at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What is heard from the attic while Gina is preparing lunch?
5. Hjalmar is worrying about what medical condition with his daughter?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)