|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Jung get back on the train on her trip home from Peking?
(b) Another Red Guard student.
(c) A pickpocket.
2. What was Mao's goal in sending the middle school children to the country?
(a) Humility based thought reform.
(b) Reform of thought through peasantry.
(c) Labor intensive training.
(d) Thought reform through labor.
3. Without whom does Jung say she would not have survived the Revolution?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. Of what is Mao afraid?
(a) Communism failing.
(b) Kuomintang officers killing him.
(c) A yellow fever epidemic.
(d) His power being threatened.
5. Why was Jung so shocked about what happened to a woman accused of having a picture of pre-Communist leaders?
(a) The woman looked just like her mom.
(b) She was beaten beyond what the punishment for her crime should have been.
(c) The complaint was lodged for revenge and was not true.
(d) The woman died and was innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chang Shou-yu want to do as soon as his name is cleared of the un-Communistic claims against him?
2. What does the doctor arrange for De-hong to have while she is sick with hepatitis?
3. What does De-hong do to the group of teachers that are accused of being subversives?
4. Why is De-hong trying to go to Peking after her husband is arrested?
5. For what are the boys in the Red Guard using their time in the Red Guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jung's younger sister do with her boyfriend?
2. How does Jung feel about Mao's death?
3. What does the cook do for De-hong while she is sick with hepatitis?
4. Why does Jung not want to get well when she falls ill at the country camp?
5. What act of sacrifice does Jung do while caring for her sick grandmother in the hospital?
6. What happens when De-hong tries to get a doctor to help Chang Shou-yu with another heart attack?
7. What happened to De-hong's brother when Mao formed the Red Guard?
8. How was Jung's brother kept safe when he was caught with an unsanctioned book?
9. What happened to Yu-Fang before she died?
10. What does Young make for Jung to show his kindness?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)