|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the letter to Yu-Fang from General Xue's wife say?
(a) It was a legal order for her to give any future children to the Xue household.
(b) It was a summons for her to come work in the fields of labor at the Xue plantations.
(c) It berated her for her hateful ways and dishonored her family.
(d) It ordered her to leave the house the General had given her.
2. What did the vivid picture show that Yu-Fang told De-hong would be the consequence of lying?
(a) A woman with a horrible disease that has caused boils all over her face.
(b) A tiger eating a man's head.
(c) A man bursting into flames and screaming in pain.
(d) A man getting his tongue ripped out.
3. Why does Er-hong ask her father for a new name?
(a) She wants her name to mean something more than swan.
(b) She is being made fun of at school.
(c) She wants something that sounds more militant.
(d) It is popular to have a name change at this age.
4. What is Yu-lin studying to become?
(a) A chef.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A Communist.
(d) A teacher.
5. What do the Chinese military leaders do in an effort to stop all the violence of the Red Guard and the other Maoist factions?
(a) Drop pamphlets from ths sky.
(b) Hold public prayer meetings.
(c) Write peaceful articles in the newspaper.
(d) Punish severely those who are caught doing violent acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wang Yu's sister take over the care for De-hong's daughter?
2. Why does Chang Shou-yu leave a sightseeing trip early?
3. What does Er-hong do to show her father how humble she is?
4. Where are the people of China forced to eat during the famine?
5. What surprises the people about the Communist siege?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)