|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Kuomintang view the Chinese people?
(a) Skilled craftsmen.
(b) Slaves who owed them love and respect.
(c) Bugs to be squashed.
(d) Kindly people with no military force.
2. What did the letter to Yu-Fang from General Xue's wife say?
(a) It ordered her to leave the house the General had given her.
(b) It berated her for her hateful ways and dishonored her family.
(c) It was a summons for her to come work in the fields of labor at the Xue plantations.
(d) It was a legal order for her to give any future children to the Xue household.
3. Why does the man at the teahouse not leave while it is being torn apart?
(a) He is holding his own sort of protest.
(b) It is his teahouse; he has nowhere else to go.
(c) He is hoping to scare the young people with his serenity.
(d) His time at the teahouse is his only hour of peace.
4. Who is sent to bring De-hong home from Peking?
(a) Wang Yu.
(b) General Xue.
(d) Jung Chang.
5. Which of these was something that Mao's young group did NOT do in his name?
(a) Take virtue from women.
(b) Force people to do away with high heels.
(c) Burn books.
(d) Close down teahouses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yang Ru-shan's one valuable asset?
2. Why was Yu-Fang's father so desperate for money?
3. What is the Chinese dream according to Wang Yu?
4. How did Yu-Fang keep her daughter when the General's wife wanted her?
5. What does Er-hong do to avoid going to the nursery during the days.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)