|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Xia's oldest son do after his father beats him for being disrespectful about Yu-Fang?
(a) Spreads rumors throughout the town about Yu-Fang having a venereal disease.
(b) Shoots himself in the stomach.
(c) Runs away, never to be heard from again.
(d) Legally removes himself from his father's family lineage.
2. What is happening to De-hong when her husband refuses to let her have a driver take her home from the opera?
(a) She is frightened by the images on stage.
(b) She is having a miscarriage.
(c) She is suffering a nervous breakdown.
(d) She is considering leaving her husband.
3. Why is Wang Yu not happy with Fang-Yu's visit to his family after De-hong gives birth?
(a) He knows her bond with De-hong is stronger than his is.
(b) He feels disgust at her bandaged and crippled feet.
(c) He is shamed by her former life as a concubine.
(d) He fears the watchful eyes of the party.
4. Why is De-hong's wet nurses husband in jail?
(a) He was an opium dealer.
(b) He let his wife bathe in warm water.
(c) He was an old Kuomintang officer.
(d) He was caught spreading anti-Communist literature.
5. Who allows De-hong to read novels, attend the cinema, and wear colored blouses under her uniform?
(a) Chang Shou-yu.
(b) Mrs. Ting's husband.
(c) Wang Yu.
(d) General Xue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Kuomintang view the Chinese people?
2. For what was Dr. Xia called to treat Yu-Fang?
3. How long does Yu-Fang wait to see her General again after her first interaction with him?
4. What does Chang Shou-yu NOT allow at the funeral?
5. What was Er -hong's reaction when De-hong visited her at her boarding school?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)