|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what was Yu-Fang's father buried?
(a) A pit of bodies.
(b) A cedar box.
(c) A fancy urn.
(d) An old suitcase.
2. What surprises the people about the Communist siege?
(a) They unite with the Kuomintang officials.
(b) They are kind and want to rebuild the city.
(c) They are even more cruel than the Soviets had been.
(d) They are accepting of other religions and ideas.
3. Why does Wang Yu's sister take over the care for De-hong's daughter?
(a) De-hong hits her child.
(b) De-hong is too involved in her work.
(c) She is barren and begs for the priviledge to care for a child.
(d) She feels a deep spiritual connection with the baby.
4. What does Wang Yu do during their journey that disillusions De-hong about their marriage?
(a) Talks at length with other women in the party.
(b) Mocks her for her slow pace.
(c) Speaks ill of her family and friends.
(d) Accepts a ride in a jeep when she must walk.
5. What is happening to De-hong when her husband refuses to let her have a driver take her home from the opera?
(a) She is suffering a nervous breakdown.
(b) She is considering leaving her husband.
(c) She is having a miscarriage.
(d) She is frightened by the images on stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the letter to Yu-Fang from General Xue's wife say?
2. How many concubines does the governor have?
3. What happened to the Japanese people who remained in China after they had been defeated?
4. What is so different about Yu-Fang and Dr. Xia's relationship frommost others of the time?
5. What did the vivid picture show that Yu-Fang told De-hong would be the consequence of lying?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)