|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises the people about the Communist siege?
(a) They are kind and want to rebuild the city.
(b) They are even more cruel than the Soviets had been.
(c) They are accepting of other religions and ideas.
(d) They unite with the Kuomintang officials.
2. Where does De-hong's family move to be better protected from the military looting?
(a) The home of a Kuomintang officer.
(b) Inside the city walls.
(c) A small village on the coast.
(d) A small house on the Kuomintang base.
3. How many concubines does the governor have?
4. In what was Yu-Fang's father buried?
(a) An old suitcase.
(b) A fancy urn.
(c) A cedar box.
(d) A pit of bodies.
5. Why are Dr. Xia's children angry with the match between Yu-Fang and their father?
(a) They are upset about the age difference.
(b) They are afraid Yu-Fang will take over their fortune.
(c) They dissapprove of her former life as a concubine.
(d) They do not respect her family heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Dr. Xia called to treat Yu-Fang?
2. How does Hui-ge accidentally cripple his own regiment?
3. What is Yu-lin studying to become?
4. How long are De-hong and Wang Yu separated when he is transferred to Yibin?
5. What does Wang Yu do during their journey that disillusions De-hong about their marriage?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)