|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are De-hong and Wang Yu separated when he is transferred to Yibin?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 months.
2. What happened to the Japanese people who remained in China after they had been defeated?
(a) They were killed or committed suicide.
(b) They were left alone.
(c) They were respected for the help they gave.
(d) They were hanged in public trials.
3. Why does the man at the teahouse not leave while it is being torn apart?
(a) He is hoping to scare the young people with his serenity.
(b) It is his teahouse; he has nowhere else to go.
(c) His time at the teahouse is his only hour of peace.
(d) He is holding his own sort of protest.
4. What is De-hong studying to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A wife.
(c) A midwife.
(d) A Communist.
5. Why is Xiao-hei so distant from his parents?
(a) Fang-Yu pays more attention to him than they do.
(b) He complains about having to work with iron at school.
(c) He is veering his life in a "rightist" direction.
(d) He speaks out against the party at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that Chang Shou-yu will NOT let his children do in order to teach them ethic responsibility?
2. How did the Kuomintang view the Chinese people?
3. What has Er-hong been taught about the children in the Western countries?
4. What was Jin-ming's response when De-hong visited him at his boarding school?
5. Which of these was something that Mao's young group did NOT do in his name?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)