|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reaction of one of the philosophy teachers that was confronted by the Red Guard and commanded to bow?
(a) She bowed down and begged for mercy.
(b) She stood straight and faced her death.
(c) She called them each by name and told them she thought they were better than this.
(d) She showed them a document signed by Mao that ensured her safety.
2. What happened to the Japanese people who remained in China after they had been defeated?
(a) They were killed or committed suicide.
(b) They were left alone.
(c) They were respected for the help they gave.
(d) They were hanged in public trials.
3. What has Er-hong been taught about the children in the Western countries?
(a) They are cruel and vicious.
(b) They are just the same as Chinese people.
(c) They are trying to invade China and take over.
(d) They are deprived and starving.
4. What is Yu-lin studying to become?
(a) A chef.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A Communist.
(d) A doctor.
5. Why does Wang Yu refuse to let De-hong have the driver take her home?
(a) He did not want her to travel alone with another man.
(b) The driver was enjoying the opera.
(c) It was against customs to leave a performance early.
(d) He was fearful of what the Communist leaders would think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jin-ming's response when De-hong visited him at his boarding school?
2. How long are De-hong and Wang Yu separated when he is transferred to Yibin?
3. What is one thing that Chang Shou-yu will NOT let his children do in order to teach them ethic responsibility?
4. What is the name that Mao gave his group of young followers?
5. What was Er -hong's reaction when De-hong visited her at her boarding school?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)