|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Er-hong so interested in being helpful to everyone she meets?
(a) She feels loyalty to the party at an early age.
(b) She is taught that a helpful attitude will bring her love and prosperity.
(c) It is very popular to be helpful.
(d) She feels pity for her aged grandmother.
2. What does Jung's sister do that Jung thinks is disloyal to her parents?
(a) She joins a street gang.
(b) She joins a dance troupe.
(c) She sells books on the black market.
(d) She has a boyfriend.
3. What does a neighbor tell Er-hong about the Kuomintang that confuses her?
(a) They were not always cruel.
(b) They were better leaders.
(c) They were closely linked with the Communists.
(d) They were righteous and good-hearted.
4. Why would it have been dangerous to be caught with a poem?
(a) They were seen as anti-government messages.
(b) Poems were a mockery of the logical era Mao was building.
(c) Poetry was seen as a form of revolt.
(d) Many Kuomintang codes were sent in poems.
5. What were the first words De-hong spoke when she woke up in the hospital?
(a) Long live Communism.
(b) Where is Mother?
(c) I want a divorce.
(d) I love you.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to De-hong when her husband refuses to let her have a driver take her home from the opera?
2. How long are De-hong and Wang Yu separated when he is transferred to Yibin?
3. Why does Wang Yu refuse to let De-hong have the driver take her home?
4. What causes Mao to have school children do eye strengthening exercises?
5. With what are the people of China commanded to replace their grass and flowers?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)