|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jin-ming spend much of his time doing?
(a) Reading contraband books.
(b) Beating down dissidents with the Red Guard.
(c) Selling his possessions to put food on the table.
(d) Selling books on the black market.
2. What were the first words De-hong spoke when she woke up in the hospital?
(a) I want a divorce.
(b) Long live Communism.
(c) I love you.
(d) Where is Mother?
3. What does a neighbor tell Er-hong about the Kuomintang that confuses her?
(a) They were righteous and good-hearted.
(b) They were closely linked with the Communists.
(c) They were not always cruel.
(d) They were better leaders.
4. Why is Er-hong so interested in being helpful to everyone she meets?
(a) She feels pity for her aged grandmother.
(b) She is taught that a helpful attitude will bring her love and prosperity.
(c) She feels loyalty to the party at an early age.
(d) It is very popular to be helpful.
5. What does twelve-year-old Xiao-hei do that is so different from other children of high officials?
(a) Joins a street gang.
(b) Goes to college.
(c) Buys and sells books on the black market.
(d) Speaks out against the Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do De-hong and her husband have to walk to their new transfer site?
2. What causes Mao to have school children do eye strengthening exercises?
3. What does Jung's sister do that Jung thinks is disloyal to her parents?
4. Why would it have been dangerous to be caught with a poem?
5. Why does Er-hong ask her father for a new name?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)