1. What was Yang Ru-shan's main duty in life?
(a) To expand the family fortune.
(b) To make the farm prosper.
(c) To care for his elderly parents.
(d) To produce male heirs.
2. What was Yang Ru-shan's one valuable asset?
(a) A skilled wife.
(b) A large estate.
(c) A large opium farm.
(d) A beautiful daughter.
3. How long does Yu-Fang wait to see her General again after her first interaction with him?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
4. Why did Yu-Fang need assistance when standing up?
(a) It was the custom of the time.
(b) She was crippled by her bound feet.
(c) She wanted to appear dainty.
(d) She was recovering from an illness.
5. How did Yu-Fang keep her daughter when the General's wife wanted her?
(a) She kidnapped her.
(b) She sued the General's wife for custody.
(c) She sold all her finery and bought the baby.
(d) She got the General to order his wife to let Yu-Fang keep the baby.
This section contains 6,404 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)